Must Have Sites to have on your favorites.....

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Must Have Sites to have on your favorites.....
Kracker_Jap
11/30/08 2:57:19PM
I just discovered Pandora Radio and it got me thinking what else am I missing on the net.....

Please share the best of your favorites list...

Like this

Pandora Radio Sign up put in your favorite song or artist and it make a custom radio channel for you
dannyfrank
11/30/08 3:27:51PM
damn, good find

this place is actually very good at picking out music i like

a good website for making music lists for myspace and facebook is playlist.com
grappler0000
11/30/08 3:42:47PM
Yeah, I've been using Pandora for a few years now. It's great for listening to music at work...and the best part is that it adapts to your preferences over time.

Edit:

On to the topic. Here's some sites that I frequent and mentioned previously in a similar thread. You are probably familiar with some, while others not so much.

Fark - how else will I figure out what's going on in the world in just 15 min. a day.
Link

Snopes - great site for dispelling all of those urban myths...hours of great reading
Link

X-entertainment - for any child of the 80's, the articles here are on point
Link

HowStuffWorks - exactly as it sounds...and covers damn near everything
Link

Instructables - want to know how to make something/anything? find out how
Link

BenHeck - what to do with all your old video game consoles...this guy's a genious
Link

IMDB - the movie/tv bible
Link
Aaronno9
11/30/08 4:03:28PM
Sounds interesting. Doesnt work outside the US though
aaa9erh8er
11/30/08 4:22:03PM
i agree pandora is grea for work. a site that i used to visit frequently for my adult needs would be welivetogether ( now im not puting the link so i dont get in trouble or am i saying go look at it)
Bowen50
11/30/08 4:44:37PM
Pandora
warglory
11/30/08 5:31:47PM
Pandora is great, but pandora on itouch or iphone is incredible!
Khaos
12/1/08 11:28:04AM
I have Dictionary.com in my favorites, you never know when you'll need to look up a word, spell a word, or have to use all the other "fun" stuff the site has.
AchillesHeel
12/1/08 11:45:33AM

Posted by Khaos

I have Dictionary.com in my favorites, you never know when you'll need to look up a word, spell a word, or have to use all the other "fun" stuff the site has.

I use their thesaurus a lot too.

Rotten Tomatoes for film reviews.
The Movie Box for film trailers.
AllMusic for discographies, reviews/descriptions, and genre lists. They also have a weekly email newsletter of new releases.
Baseball Reference.com for history, standings, trivia, and many, many statistics.
Sky Sports for European sports. I use it for soccer, but they're sort of an ESPN.com for the UK.
I greatly prefer Live365 over Pandora. I found Pandora kept playing things I was already familiar with, which mostly defeated the purpose, but that was a couple of years ago.
Pitchfork for more music news & stuff (including the reunion of The Jesus Lizard!)
L'Hotel Tolbiac for a cheap place to stay in Paris. No cafe, no elevator, no English.

And while I'm thinking of it, Alliance Fran├žaise, Paris Ile-de-France, for learning French while in Paris.
pv3Hpv3p
12/1/08 12:27:35PM
All sorts of addicting games... No down loads...

Addicting games
4u2nv
12/1/08 4:23:10PM
facebook
myspace

i know im a loser
DCRage
12/1/08 5:00:58PM
Too lazy to copy all the links but I divide my favorites between Wrestling/MMA, Sports, and general other stuff (mostly email, news, and stuff relevant to my commute) but of course I can't forget the best part of my Monday-Thursday mornings: WebbAlert.com. If the day's episode isn't in iTunes by 5 AM I get especailly cranky.
Kracker_Jap
12/2/08 11:31:13AM
Hava a cell phone and don't like to pay for the Ring tones????

Check out this site You can uplaod your own music or select one from the site works with 99% of phones and it free
Sledge23
12/2/08 1:38:14PM
for a good laugh go to oddee.com