« Previous Page | Next Page »
D-Boy
4/12/07 7:52:09PM

Posted by guru_of_grapple

Posted by D-Boy

Posted by D-Boy

Yeah, no way points from past events should have been deducted. That's bullshit in my opinion. I lost A LOT of points because of that. I would be okay if you wanted to change the rules for upcoming events, but you're basically punishing those of us who did a good job of guessing the hotly debated fights. I pretty much went from being ranked in the early 400's to the 500's. I was REALLY into it and all these changing the rules as you go crap has ruined it. **** that. I'm done with this bullshit site.

Bye :(

I take it your rankings went UP with the rule changes? The site already ****** me out of a pick I made (I picked Pelligrino at UFN 9 and it didn't go through for some reason) and now they retro away a bunch of my points. All because a bunch of people who can't pick the TOUGH fights cried to the people that run the site like a bunch of bitches. Now I just wanna' get back in the 400's out of spite.

Welcome back and I never asked for the rules to change

I wasn't saying you did. I'm just bitter because I just found out I lost a BUNCH of points and it pisses me off that they're changing the rules as they go. To me, changing rules at the end of the first season would have been the fair way to go about changing them. I could have been a little less childish about the way I went about expressing my displeasure. I wasn't trying to take it on on you. Sorry..I got a bit of a temper.

No problem man it's cool
CWall33
4/12/07 8:11:29PM

Posted by D-Boy

At the end of the day this update has come to make things fairer and more balanced. It's been said many times this game is in BETA, meaning things need to be changed, balanced and worked out.

I have no problems with making things more fair and balanced. Never said I did.

Posted by D-Boy
I'm probably going to cross the line here by saying this but you just sound to me like a cry baby because you no longer have an advantage over other people who picked the fight details closer than you did.

Yeah, that kinda crossed the line, or at least stooped way below it. I'm trying to have a rational discussion as to why this change should not be retroactive. If you cannot stay on point and discuss my arguments without calling names, then your comments are worthless.

Also, how exactly did I have an advantage under the old rules that I don't have now? I'm in dead last place in my camp (or, at least I was before the rule change. I GAINED from this change.)

Posted by D-Boy
Should things be retoactive everytime balance changes are imposed, in my opinion yes as it takes away unfairness (These updates make the game fairer as I said before) but at the end of the day it's up to the mods and admins and this is what they have chosen. It's their game and you should respect this.

I agree, it's totally up to the mods and admins. Doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

Gonna go get a tissue to wipe my crybaby nose now. Probably need to change my diaper too, I think I poo-pooed.
D-Boy
4/12/07 8:13:47PM

Posted by CWall33

I GAINED from this change.)

Then others had the unfair advantage over yourself and many other members of the site. Also I've kept on topic, people who picked closer to the actual result are now winning it would be unfair otherwise. If your ok with balancing things then I don't see why you don't agree with this.

Edit: Posted too soon
Tamara
4/12/07 8:19:09PM
What about the "Hot Bouts" that I picked dead on and lost points on because the site chose to change the rules. There were many I picked, Hotbouts, that is and now the extra points are null and void. Is that fair? NO......the change should of came at the end of the season and not have been retroactive!
D-Boy
4/12/07 8:23:47PM

Posted by Tamara

What about the "Hot Bouts" that I picked dead on and lost points on because the site chose to change the rules. There were many I picked, Hotbouts, that is and now the extra points are null and void. Is that fair? NO......the change should of came at the end of the season and not have been retroactive!

Like I said these hotbouts were changed as it was decided that they were unfair. I also lost out some points on hotbouts but I can understand why some people didn't want them.

Now that there's only one hotbout (The very closest one pick %) the game is fairer and even though I've lost a few points on it that's fine with me if someone should overtake me because of it as I know that they deserve it.
CWall33
4/12/07 8:31:05PM

Posted by D-Boy

Posted by CWall33

Then others had the unfair advantage over yourself and many other members of the site. Also I've kept on topic, people who picked closer to the actual result are now winning it would be unfair otherwise. If your ok with balancing things then I don't see why you don't agree with this.

No, they didn't have an advantage over me. We were playing under the same set of rules, so there was no advantage. [spock]To say otherwise is illogical.[/spock]

Like I've said, and this is the last time I'm saying it. The retro-active thing bugs me. I don't see why you don't agree with this. I'm totally OK with balancing things from this point forward.

Did you gain from the change? If not, how much did you lose.
D-Boy
4/12/07 8:37:52PM

Posted by CWall33

Posted by D-Boy

Posted by CWall33

No, they didn't have an advantage over me. We were playing under the same set of rules, so there was no advantage. [spock]To say otherwise is illogical.[/spock]

Like I've said, and this is the last time I'm saying it. The retro-active thing bugs me. I don't see why you don't agree with this. I'm totally OK with balancing things from this point forward.

Did you gain from the change? If not, how much did you lose.

What I'm trying to get accross is that they DID have an advantage as the rules were flawed in their favour, their picks may not have been as close to the events that happen than yours were but they were ahead (The point of this rule change was to fix this to my knowlege) This is why I think that it should be retroactive as in my opinion it was unfairt. If you really feel that people should be allowed the keep the advantage that they had that's fair enough I'm just stating my view on things while trying to understand yours.

I don't know what rank I was on before to compare to now and can't be bothered calculating it right now.
Tamara
4/12/07 8:39:06PM
Who told you the hot bouts eliminated from the old scoring were "unfair"? That is ridiculous.

DO YOU AGREE D-BOY of the changing of the point system in the middle of the season?

I not only lost points due to "hotbouts" but other fights as well.

PS. I could still beat you with an arm bar....rules subject to change as the fight happens?
D-Boy
4/12/07 8:48:37PM

Posted by Tamara

Who told you the hot bouts eliminated from the old scoring were "unfair"? That is ridiculous.

Please read the first post of this thread

Posted by Tamara
DO YOU AGREE D-BOY of the changing of the point system in the middle of the season?

Yep if things were unfair it should be put right

Posted by Tamara

How did you lose out in other fights, the only points that can disappear are from hot bouts, other than that you should be gaining

DoTheMMAth
4/12/07 8:58:45PM
It is possible to restore the point totals using the old system, or we can leave the new system applied to all events that have taken place. Either way nothing's gonna chance the picks that some of the less fortunate folks (like me ) have mad so far...

IMPORTANT POLL ON THIS MATTER HERE, PLEASE VOTE
Tamara
4/12/07 9:13:30PM
Restore the old points and make the new changes to the next fight or my preference the next season
CWall33
4/12/07 9:22:56PM

Posted by D-Boy

What I'm trying to get accross is that they DID have an advantage as the rules were flawed in their favour, their picks may not have been as close to the events that happen than yours were but they were ahead (The point of this rule change was to fix this to my knowlege) This is why I think that it should be retroactive as in my opinion it was unfairt. If you really feel that people should be allowed the keep the advantage that they had that's fair enough I'm just stating my view on things while trying to understand yours.

I don't know what rank I was on before to compare to now and can't be bothered calculating it right now.

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Clearly, our definitions of 'fair' differ quite a bit. Entering into a contest with a certain set of rules, and then the rules change after the fact is the definition of unfair to me. To you, not so much.

Peace.
Tamara
4/12/07 9:31:56PM

Posted by D-Boy

Posted by Tamara

How did you lose out in other fights, the only points that can disappear are from hot bouts, other than that you should be gaining

Well, when I picked the winner of a fight and the round I got 8. With the new point system I got 7. That's a point loss not a gain.
D-Boy
4/12/07 9:36:25PM

Posted by Tamara

Posted by D-Boy

Posted by Tamara

Well, when I picked the winner of a fight and the round I got 8. With the new point system I got 7. That's a point loss not a gain.

I didn't even realise that had changed to be honest with you
CWall33
4/12/07 9:47:19PM

Posted by D-Boy

After all this, how could you not realize that the points have been dramatically altered? Are you still sticking to your position? Still "fair"?

...you just tapped, without being totally armbarred.
Tamara
4/12/07 9:52:35PM

Posted by D-Boy

SO since you are somewhat oblivious to the complete rule change...you willing to take my arm-bar challenge.....?????

Of course the rules are subject to change......pre fight.....mid fight....or post fight....depending on my discretion.
D-Boy
4/12/07 9:55:21PM

Posted by Tamara

Posted by D-Boy

SO since you are somewhat oblivious to the complete rule change...you willing to take my arm-bar challenge.....?????

Of course the rules are subject to change......pret fight.....mid fight....or post fight....depending on my discretion.

I don't really understand what you mean, if your talking about the rule changes I know that they are all to balance the game so my views don't change.

If this is some poor attempt at trolling...I don't take the bait.
D-Boy
4/12/07 9:57:19PM

Posted by CWall33

Posted by D-Boy

After all this, how could you not realize that the points have been dramatically altered? Are you still sticking to your position? Still "fair"?

...you just tapped, without being totally armbarred.

The rules have still been changed to balance the game, why all the trolling on me THEY HAVE BEEN ALTERED IN A POSITIVE WAY like i've been saying all along so it changes nothing about my view. Even if just hot bouts were eliminated the points would be changed dramatically
Tamara
4/12/07 10:00:07PM
What's trolling? I am new to this, but do know MMA, just like Nascar. I am truly just being a funny girl. I do not want to fight you, that was just to be funny, only if you accept my rules. Those rules are subject to change at any moment........which is what you are, in essence, agreeing too with this playground. :)

GO JIMMIE JOHNSON! Only because his name interpreted in slang as DICK DICK.
CWall33
4/12/07 10:09:27PM

Posted by D-Boy

The rules have still been changed to balance the game, why all the trolling on me THEY HAVE BEEN ALTERED IN A POSITIVE WAY like i've been saying all along so it changes nothing really. Even if just hot bouts were eliminated they would be changed dramatically

Dude, don't take this as trolling. Just because we disagree doesn't mean you are being trolled. I'm sure when other people notice this thread, I'll be "trolled" too. You called me a crybaby..."troll"?, no. Wrong, yes.

If you feel you are being trolled, don't feed.

The armbar stuff was just humorous. Chill, yo.
CWall33
4/12/07 10:11:58PM

Posted by Tamara

What's trolling? I am new to this, but do know MMA, just like Nascar. I am truly just being a funny girl. I do not want to fight you, that was just to be funny, only if you accept my rules. Those rules are subject to change at any moment........which is what you are, in essence, agreeing too with this playground. :)

GO JIMMIE JOHNSON! Only because his name interpreted in slang as DICK DICK.

Speaking of NASCAR, I wish they would change the point structure, only the top 10 drivers get points. Rerto-active to two years ago. That would be fair.

Wait...what?
D-Boy
4/12/07 10:16:40PM

Posted by CWall33

Posted by D-Boy

The rules have still been changed to balance the game, why all the trolling on me THEY HAVE BEEN ALTERED IN A POSITIVE WAY like i've been saying all along so it changes nothing really. Even if just hot bouts were eliminated they would be changed dramatically

Dude, don't take this as trolling. Just because we disagree doesn't mean you are being trolled. I'm sure when other people notice this thread, I'll be "trolled" too. You called me a crybaby..."troll"?, no. Wrong, yes.

We had ended the debate and you bring it back up saying I had "Tapped" (which seemed like you were thinking our discussion was some big argument which is really wasn't) to see if I would give a negative reaction which I feel is trolling. I called you a cry baby because in my opinion it seemed like you were being one.

Also if that offended you I do apologise but if you didn't like that comment (Which it seems you didn't ) you need to have some thicker skin, specially when most of the people on forums aren't as polite as I try to be and I have no problem with our disagreement it seems like you took it more to heart than myself (Hence you bring it back up)
Tamara
4/12/07 10:34:41PM

Posted by D-Boy

Posted by CWall33

Posted by D-Boy

We had ended the debate and you bring it back up saying I had "Tapped" (which seemed like you were thinking our discussion was some big argument which is really wasn't) to see if I would give a negative reaction which I feel is trolling. I called you a cry baby because in my opinion it seemed like you were being one.

Also if that offended you I do apologise but if you didn't like that comment (Which it seems you didn't ) you need to have some thicker skin, specially when most of the people on forums aren't as polite as I try to be and I have no problem with our disagreement it seems like you took it more to heart than myself (Hence you bring it back up)

Dude it was just a joke about you tapping out. You were not fully not aware of the change and by my point system ..... that means I am closer to arm-baring you than you realize.
Tamara
4/13/07 2:46:10AM
Never mind came up all distorted. tried making a picture with numbers! Not an artist I guess!
JunCTion
4/13/07 7:24:22AM

Posted by CWall33

Posted by shawneth

Posted by Tamara

I don't agree with making the changes in the middle of the season. Why not wait until a new season begins? Just does not seem right to change things up in the middle of the game and take points away from people.

Im pretty sure that no points are going to be taken away. I think it only will apply to all of the upcomming events. Unless i missed something that i read.

They took points away from some, and gave extra points to others.
Within my fight camp, 2 people gained points, and 4 lost. 1 person lost a LOT of points.

I agree with the new system, but not in the middle of a season, and especially not retroactive to events that have already taken place.

totaly agree. i like the new system, but it should have gone into effect in season 2 or at least starting with ufc 70. it was totaly wrong and unfair to go back and change what was allready done. in the real world this would be considered unprofesional & unethical.
JunCTion
4/13/07 8:33:37AM
new changes are great and i did move up in points and in money (although not to much).
but, the changes should go into effect now from 70 on. we dont need to wait until season 2 as it wll not make a difference.
retroactive was WRONG and as you see the majority of the posts on this topic say so.
change them now but give every body back their points and money (even thoughit wont benefit me). this is the fair thing to do.

this site is awsome. i love it and you guys have been improving greatly as time has gone on. please dont sour things up now. fix it and start with 70 so this topic doesnt drag on and make more people angry.

thank you MODs & Admin. we luv u
Ydoc
4/13/07 2:53:53PM
I miss two hot bouts.
dstlvb
4/13/07 5:05:37PM
I really dont care. this is a completely free site thats involves a compltely new fantasy sport. I dont know if i gained or lost. I know that i have watched the fights before and gotten 2 out of 3 either way. Maybe to be fair the prevouis hot bouts stay and from here on you only get one hot bout. thats seems to be the only huge loss of points. It seems, i could be wrong, that the other changes really only affect a point or two. Since you waould have not picked differently a point or two is minor. If you lose the title to a point or two then you have a beef.
Gomiera
4/13/07 6:42:17PM

Posted by dstlvb

I really dont care. this is a completely free site thats involves a compltely new fantasy sport. I dont know if i gained or lost. I know that i have watched the fights before and gotten 2 out of 3 either way. Maybe to be fair the prevouis hot bouts stay and from here on you only get one hot bout. thats seems to be the only huge loss of points. It seems, i could be wrong, that the other changes really only affect a point or two. Since you waould have not picked differently a point or two is minor. If you lose the title to a point or two then you have a beef.

Agreed
Daneighb0r
4/14/07 6:21:38PM
I think it's awesome that they changed it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4