Site Suggestion

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Site Suggestion
Shawn91111
8/26/11 6:01:00PM
I thought this might have been suggested a long time ago, but couldn't find it. Anyhow this suggestion, and I'm sure a ton of camps feel the same, is this.

A feature to see who in your camp hasn't made their picks. Obviously we can see after the fact when the picks have been locked, but something that alerts the camp leader or camp who in the camp hasn't made their picks yet. Would save a ton of Pm's and guess work.
Cooler
8/26/11 6:47:49PM

Posted by Shawn91111

I thought this might have been suggested a long time ago, but couldn't find it. Anyhow this suggestion, and I'm sure a ton of camps feel the same, is this.

A feature to see who in your camp hasn't made their picks. Obviously we can see after the fact when the picks have been locked, but something that alerts the camp leader or camp who in the camp hasn't made their picks yet. Would save a ton of Pm's and guess work.

As a leader of a camp, i would love this option.
emfleek
8/26/11 10:10:03PM
Agreed.
hippysmacker
8/27/11 12:07:28AM
I feel ya.I can see how many have made picks but not specifically who. I will run it up the flag pole. Sometimes I am sending out camp wide e-mails over and over to see who misses just one fight.
Shawn91111
8/27/11 9:47:36AM
Something that can be only visible to the fight camp, whether it shows who is picking who or just that the fight was selected by the camp member, not necessarily who they are going with.
hippysmacker
8/27/11 10:41:57AM
you can already see how many have picked and what fighter, What we need IMO is specifically who took what fighter, round and method.
Kpro
8/27/11 12:19:35PM

Posted by hippysmacker

you can already see how many have picked and what fighter, What we need IMO is specifically who took what fighter, round and method.

That might be too much detail IMO. If camps with a lot of members could see the pick/round/method all in advance so that they could just pick exactly the same as the top dog in their camp it'd eliminate many people even doing picks on their own, which would take fun out of the site for those people.

Even if just the camp leader can see it, I think maybe just seeing that each pick was made is good enough without needing to be able to see round/method. If fight camps are having repeated issues of a member picking a winner and not a round/method there's more of a problem there than a programmer should have to deal with. Just my opinion.
Pookie
8/28/11 3:37:45AM
Yeah, if you could see the round/finish/pick of every fighter in your camp, it wouldn't be very hard to come up with an algorithm that could exploit it.

But i do to the idea originally suggested.
pmoney
9/1/11 2:43:02PM
While we are talking about camp related suggestions, how about tracking camp statistics for the secondary league? They basically are already, and then there could be camp competitions for secondary league. There could be an option for the camp leaders to choose whether or not they want their camp involved in the secondary league.

I doubt I am the first person to come up with this, just thought I'd throw it out there.