UFC 84 site live!!

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 84 site live!!
Diamondback2
4/19/08 5:18:38PM
The full site for UFC 84 is up. Looks pretty damn good too.

One interesting note: Rogan calls Penn/Sherk a dream match. What does everyone think bout that?
TheCelica
4/19/08 5:35:03PM
Yes, dream match up for sure! Former Welterweight champion and current Lightweight champion against former lightweight champion and very dominate fighter who's only losses come from the top 2 welterweights in the world! How is this not a dream match up......even if BJ puts the hurt on Sherk....
nickcuc547
4/19/08 5:39:08PM
id agree with rogan 100%, i think sherk vs. bj is definitely the most anticipated fight of the year, maybe even the last two years besides chuck vs. wandy.
tepid55
4/19/08 5:49:16PM
This is the first true test BJ has had at lightweight since his first fight with Jens Pulver in 2002.
wolfman
4/19/08 6:19:31PM
Site looks awesome!! I also like how they have a "More Human Than Human" remix playing in the background of the Silva/Jardine page.

LINK
BigIP
4/19/08 6:27:55PM
Lets see....Sherk got crushed by GSP and BJ almost beat him (did according to one judge). Sherk lost to Matt Hughes and BJ pretty much dominated him in both fights before he gassed in the second. I don't see how this is the fight of the year. I would like to see BJ and GSP go at it again.
wolfman
4/19/08 6:46:08PM

Posted by BigIP

Lets see....Sherk got crushed by GSP and BJ almost beat him (did according to one judge). Sherk lost to Matt Hughes and BJ pretty much dominated him in both fights before he gassed in the second. I don't see how this is the fight of the year. I would like to see BJ and GSP go at it again.

MMA Math strikes again.
Diamondback2
4/19/08 6:51:16PM
Yeah but MMA math does not work. Ever.

I agree with it being a dream match, Chuck/Wandy, Penn/GSP, GSP/Silva level dream match, nah. But it is one of the better title fights in the last year or so.

I'm going out to Vegas to watch this one, im bound to meet alot of fighters, my cousin is one of the top dogs in that whole city. he even beat out the UFC octagon girls in the sexiest jobs in vegas category lol. so im psyched.

im going to buy tickets on monday, ne one been to the MGM b4? I am wondering if the Upper bowl seats are any good. I know at UFC 77 we had the $50 tickets and i got to admit, i could see very well and was happy with them. Ne one know bout MGM?
kevietre
4/19/08 7:57:06PM
THIS HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BE THE BEST PPV OF THE YEAR
Jackelope
4/19/08 8:35:41PM
Site looks amazing. Best UFC site I've seen yet
StevieC
4/20/08 10:59:35AM
I'm pretty sure the event is already sold out.
StevieC
4/20/08 11:02:58AM
I think the bad blood also adds so much more to this matchup. BJ runs at the mouth too much but lucky for him he can back it up most of the time....

I really think BJ is overlooking Sherk and is in for a rude awakening.....
Vendetta
4/20/08 12:00:10PM
Any fight between #1 and #2 in the division is a dream fight, especially when their styles clash like Penn's and Sherk's.
jakeiceman
4/21/08 1:20:23AM
That site is sick!! I think the UFC does a great job with thier website, they are very interactive, I killed a half hour lookin at everything. Cool as hell!