Site Heavyweight Rankings

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Site Heavyweight Rankings
Pookie
2/3/08 4:39:19AM
I noticed Big Nog just surpassed fedor emelianenko for #1 in the HW division.

I thought it was kind of funny...
Manfred
2/3/08 4:46:37AM
It's a fair call considering Fedor's lack of competition. I have Nog at #2 now. It's tough for me to look past those two fights. Plus, I'm a proud nut-hugging Fedorite
jiujitsufreak74
2/3/08 5:15:23AM
hard for me to put nog in front of fedor after the beatings fedor gave him. i also have nog at number two and at this point a number three is hard to pick.
Pookie
2/3/08 5:34:43AM
I agree with both of you

Have nog at #2
ohiostate1016
2/3/08 10:06:35AM

Posted by Pookie

I noticed Big Nog just surpassed fedor emelianenko for #1 in the HW division.

I thought it was kind of funny...

I've had Nog at no. 1 for awhile now. I have to update my rankings today though. I have no idea how I'm going to do the HW division. I think I have to put Mir in there somewhere. And I have to move Randy back up (I had him at no. 10 after taking him off after he "retired," but now he obviously wants to fight again, so I'll have to think about that).

Anyway, I think the HW division is in decent shape now as compared to where it was, say, a month ago. We finally have a champ and some solid contenders (Werdum, Mir, Congo, HH, etc). AA vs. O'Brien at 82 will go a long way to determining the middle of the division.
mkiv9secsupra
2/3/08 10:43:55AM
it makes no sense for this because if he surpasses Fedor in the HW rankings it goes hand in hand with the P4P rankings and Nog is great but he is not #3 or above in P4P
Copenhagen
2/3/08 2:27:00PM
I cannot rank Big Nog ahead of Fedor because of the fact that Fedor beat Big Nog twice. It doesn't make sense to me.
Pookie
2/3/08 2:32:07PM

Posted by Copenhagen

I cannot rank Big Nog ahead of Fedor because of the fact that Fedor beat Big Nog twice. It doesn't make sense to me.

the fact that he beat the living shit out of him too on top of it. Those were masterpiece performances.
loonytnt
2/3/08 3:10:53PM
so nog is #1 for beatin tim and randy is where??
Dastardly1
2/3/08 3:45:53PM
Nog is #3.behind Fedor and Randy.
Randy might not have sub Tim, but he owned him all night in their fight. Nog was getting busted up until he got Sylvia down. Sylvia was the champ when they fought and Randy was coming back up in weight after 2 losses and retirement. Nog and Sylvia was just the runners up match, for 3rd place
cmill21
2/3/08 4:05:06PM
Fedor's still #1 for me, and will be until someone takes it from him. For the record I even had Cro Cop at #2 behind Fedor after he won the OWGP.
Manfred
2/3/08 5:48:26PM

Posted by cmill21

Fedor's still #1 for me, and will be until someone takes it from him. For the record I even had Cro Cop at #2 behind Fedor after he won the OWGP.

LOL, never would've guess that from you
iwannabesedated
2/3/08 7:23:53PM

Posted by Copenhagen

Do you have Wandy Ranked above Rampage.Wandy beat Rampage twice but Rampage is the champ now.I dont have a problem with Randy,Fedor or Nog being number 1..They are all deserving.I think ill put Nog number 1 though after all he is the interim HW UFC champion..I really hope Randy comes back cause Nog has fought just about every top HW in the world other than Randy.
Pookie
2/3/08 7:27:41PM
wandy's been beaten by a variety of different people though... fedor hasnt been beaten other than by an illegal move. And Rampage has shown growthe since his days in pride, Nog looks like the same nog hes always been.

i think youre comparing apples and oranges
iwannabesedated
2/3/08 7:40:15PM
Yeah your right but still...He said he couldnt rank nog above Fedor because Fedor beat nog...I can agree with that but i wouldnt disagree with anyone saying that Nog is number 1. Nog has fought pretty much every top HW out there other than Randy.Nog is the UFC champ now and Fedor is off fighting freak shows and 185er in Lindland in his last two fights.We need Randy Vs Nog.

PS i hate rankings cause there is really no 100% way to rank them especially in a sport where the cliche anyone can beat anyone with 1 punch holds truth.
cmill21
2/3/08 8:03:32PM

Posted by Manfred

Posted by cmill21

I know and people say i'm bias!
mkiv9secsupra
2/4/08 1:08:32AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Manfred

Posted by cmill21

I know and people say i'm bias!

Really Cmill's favorite fighter is Mirko? I never noticed.....
stock
2/4/08 1:13:18PM
I moved Nog from 4 to 1 after his win.
Dropped Couture from 1 to 2.
Dropped Fedor from 2 to 3.

He is the UFC champ. Pretty tough to not have him there.
Nog has a terrific track record and he continues to fight top competition.

3 years have passed since Fedor defeated Big Nog, and Nog has since racked up wins against Barnett, Werdum, and Sylvia.
Fedor has since beat CC.
... I am talking top 10 competition.