SiriusXM - anyone subscribe?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » SiriusXM - anyone subscribe?
emfleek
10/20/11 1:48:12PM
So I received a 3-month trial subscription to SiriusXM. I just activated it a few minutes ago. Is anyone here a current or former subscriber?

Positives?

Negatives?

I'd like to get as much info as possible to help me determine whether or not I'll continue with the service beyond 1/20/12.
postman
10/20/11 1:51:13PM
When I drove alot for work I had it an loved it but when they moved me inside I went to Rhapsody so I could wear head phones. I really liked it I was really jacked when they took Bubba the Love Sponge off the air but other then that I thought it was worth it. Sure as hell beats regular radio. They had a MMA show when I had it as well. I think Mauro is the host now but not sure about that one.
emfleek
10/20/11 2:09:23PM

Posted by postman

They had a MMA show when I had it as well. I think Mauro is the host now but not sure about that one.

Yeah, from what I've gathered, it airs from 2-3pm EST Monday thru Friday so I doubt I'll get to listen too often. I'm not sure I could handle an entire hour of Mauro, anyways...

postman
10/20/11 2:25:53PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by postman

They had a MMA show when I had it as well. I think Mauro is the host now but not sure about that one.

Yeah, from what I've gathered, it airs from 2-3pm EST Monday thru Friday so I doubt I'll get to listen too often. I'm not sure I could handle an entire hour of Mauro, anyways...

I hear ya
Chael_Sonnen
10/20/11 4:09:21PM

Posted by emfleek

So I received a 3-month trial subscription to SiriusXM. I just activated it a few minutes ago. Is anyone here a current or former subscriber?

Positives?

Negatives?

I'd like to get as much info as possible to help me determine whether or not I'll continue with the service beyond 1/20/12.

Only positives Haven't come across any negatives, wise purchase brother!
Shawn91111
10/21/11 1:11:42PM
I would for the Howard Stern show, but his show has been crap the last year or so. He's just mailing it in now.
emfleek
10/21/11 1:17:21PM
Meh...I've never been much of a Stern guy. The whole shock jock thing does nothing for me.
Shawn91111
10/21/11 1:54:43PM
He hasnt been that for a very long time.
emfleek
10/21/11 1:56:46PM

Posted by Shawn91111

He hasnt been that for a very long time.

I haven't listened to him for years. Actually, it's been since his show was on E! That's been every bit of 8 or 9 years, I guess.
Adrenaline
10/21/11 10:49:54PM
I have had Sirius since 05' so that should tell you something. It is one of those things, you don't realize how much you like it until you don't have it. There have been times when I have not renewed my subscription because of money issues etc. and it about drove me crazy going from Sirius to regular radio, I don't know how stations are in your area but it seems like there is one song on for every half hour of commercials or the DJ's talking about crap I don't care about.

I also drive about 500 miles a week for work and it is a life saver, the content quality and selection is worth every penny. I think it is around $80 bucks every six months and I just set it up on autopay and forget about it. Well worth it in my opinion.

I also love that I can catch all of the football games when I get stuck at work.

If you get a good radio you can store artists, songs, etc. And it will alert you when that song/artist is played on any station so you never miss your favorite stuff. Also the rewind feature is awesome, if you are ever jamming out to a tune and wan't to hear it again you just rewind it. I think my radio will store up to an hour.

Some people argue that just having a fully loaded ipod is better but I have both and use the hell out of Sirius, they have good Dj's and track lists and rarely is there nothing on I don't want to listen to.

Hope that helped Fleek

Edit: I guess you asked for negatives and I would say that the biggest is that it is not free like a lot of music sources and and that it is not exactly portable. Some units are easier than others to swap between your car and house but it helps if you buy seperate kits (one for your vehicle and one for your house). I just pull mine off the dock in the car and slap it on the boombox in the house and rock. I have rarely had problems getting a signal but every once in a blue moon it happens briefly.
warglory
10/22/11 8:28:13AM
I used to subscribe, but my commute to work is like, 10 minutes a day now, and I have alternatives I listen to at home or on my phone, so it's really not worth it for now, but if you have a longer commute, or would listen at home, it's totally worth the investment. They have stations that specifically play deep tracks and/or B-sides of old albums, I mean you can't beat that!