single supplement

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » single supplement
muddy_blue_dodge
2/9/07 11:44:23PM
for those of us who are a little strapped for cash, whats the one single supplement that will help most for putting on muscle mass? is it just protein?
fedorwins1
2/10/07 2:32:51PM
whey protein is the best protein
bayonetxwork
2/10/07 4:08:13PM

Posted by muddy_blue_dodge

for those of us who are a little strapped for cash, whats the one single supplement that will help most for putting on muscle mass? is it just protein?

don't forget you don't need to use supplements to put on muscle mass fast.
muddy_blue_dodge
2/10/07 4:22:57PM

Posted by bayonetxwork

as in just using a good workout and eatin right?
fedorwins1
2/10/07 4:26:01PM

Posted by bayonetxwork

Yea bayonetxwork is right you don't have to take a supplement to put on muscle, you can eat right and exercise and put on muscle, but if eat right, exercise, and take your supplements it will work better than not using any supplements at all.
bayonetxwork
2/11/07 8:03:09PM

Posted by bayonetxwork

A supplement is exactly what it is. It supplements a normal meal, for a shake, protein bar, or whatever. Nevertheless, you can get more benefits from having a clean diet, and eating fish which has a lot of protein, and fish oils which aid in weight loss. So as long as your eating right, a supplement really isn't necessary.
Savy
2/13/07 3:22:37PM
I've heard great things about Biotest Surge.
hippysmacker
2/13/07 5:14:45PM
Just
1. eat- minimum of 5 meals a day 3 hours a part ( more if you have a fast metabolism) with at least 35 grams of protein each meal Also eat at east one raw fruit and vegetable with each meal . A healthy grain serving with each meal-no processed foods ever.
2. Lift heavy -3 sets of 3 with the heaviest weight you can use and do 2 forced reps and 2 negatives on the last set of each compound core exercise
3. Drink -at least 1 gallon water per hundred pounds of bodyweight.
4. Rest- Do each body part once a week as hard as you can. Don't lift it again for 7 days. Sleep 8 hours a day and if you can take a half hour nap 8 hours after you wake.
I was a powerlifter/personal trainer for a long time. Mass was my business
This is the best safest way to build long term muscle mass
fedorwins1
2/13/07 7:25:40PM
Yea at my school we're lucky we have a pro trainer who was one point off from being on the olympic team so I'll listen to whatever he tells me if he tells me eating crap will make me stronger and faster I'll do it.
EEKS
2/28/07 7:49:06AM
I use pro complex, it is a little expensive but i buy it online at supplementwarehouse.com, its really cheap there for the 5 pounder.
casey64
7/18/07 3:43:56PM
Creatine
lance70301
7/18/07 5:28:02PM
I have been working out for 12+ years and my best results have come from protein based supplements. MuscleMilk worked really well for me w/ a low carb diet.
CwB
7/18/07 7:20:47PM
Whey Protein-15$- (dont laugh) Wal Mart
Creatine- 15$- (again) Wal Mart

Very Cheap Supplements all found at wal mart

If you are going to lift wieghts the single most important thing in your diet is protein.

or you could just use steroids

bayonetxwork
7/18/07 7:59:48PM

Posted by CwB

Whey Protein-15$- (dont laugh) Wal Mart
Creatine- 15$- (again) Wal Mart

Very Cheap Supplements all found at wal mart

If you are going to lift wieghts the single most important thing in your diet is protein.

or you could just use steroids

lol, yeah roids work well in this situation. But yeah, just get protein powder, and creatine. I strongly recommend BSN Syntha-6 protein powder. It isn't 100% whey, it has 6 types of proteins that all help with building lean muscle mass, as well as faster recovery time.
KillaMed87
7/18/07 10:20:49PM
but some protein and then if u can afford it a mutli and some creatine. You can get all three for 40 bucks and it should last you a good month. You dont have to buy the expensive stuff, the cheaper stuff does the same thing. Buy yea, if yone then protein
tommyprairie
7/18/07 10:27:39PM
Protein and Amino Acids