Silva vs Sonnen Thoughts?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Silva vs Sonnen Thoughts?
« Previous Page | Next Page »
KingCmb
7/8/12 1:25:43AM
if your on your ass your grounded FACT the knee was legal because it hit his chest not his chin but hes still grounded

silva grabbing the shorts was a little bullshit but hey if you can get away with it you do it everytime

i picked cheal but what am i gonna say he got beat flat out it was legal i mean a little um questionble at some points but every fight has its moments
sparky
7/8/12 1:26:23AM
The knee is clearly clean I knew it was clean before the replay. It hit Chael right in the chest.

Props to Chael for dominating the first round.

Spider looked good in the second round stuffed a couple take downs and went in for the kill when it was there.
TeamDEY
7/8/12 1:26:44AM

Posted by Playground_Samurai

Posted by TeamDEY
Silva made it look easy.

Posted by TeamDEY
Did you watch the fight???

Real funny. I would say he made it look easy in the second round. Putting his hands down hitting Chael a couple of times must have been hard right?
Twenty20Dollars
7/8/12 1:27:16AM
Pael got sloppy joe in the second there.
cowcatcher
7/8/12 1:31:25AM
Risk vs reward guys. Chael went for a spinning backfist, something he never does and probably shouldn't have and he paid for it. He's a good technical boxer and went for a home run and paid for it. If going off the top rope in the WWE taught us anything, it's that sometimes a guy gets his knees up or rolls out of the way. His spinning backfist was the equivalent and he paid for it. Don't make this shit personal guys.
infestructure
7/8/12 1:35:15AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Risk vs reward guys. Chael went for a spinning backfist, something he never does and probably shouldn't have and he paid for it. He's a good technical boxer and went for a home run and paid for it. If going off the top rope in the WWE taught us anything, it's that sometimes a guy gets his knees up or rolls out of the way. His spinning backfist was the equivalent and he paid for it. Don't make this shit personal guys.

Props, says it all. Sorry if I got a bit personal before. I've edited my mean post and I won't do it again. Thanks FranklinFan too. You know why
bjj1605
7/8/12 1:37:00AM
My thoughts on the fight?

Also...@Chael__Sonnen:

I TOLD YOU SO!!!

ALSO!!!

The knee was obviously clean.

I was at a bar and the guy next to me yells "That shit was illegal." I had a few in me and yelled right back at him "No it wasn't!!! That shit was right in the body." When Joe Rogan commented on the "knee to the body" the guy says to me, "Ok, I guess you're right."

Moral of the story? Chael has lost twice in a row now. Don't be bitter Sonnen fans. Anderson is just a much much much much better and more complete fighter.

PS, This fight vindicates every post I have ever made on the playground.
george112
7/8/12 1:58:57AM
Anderson won.

I didn't like it but it happened.

Chael lost it after the 1st.

I'm thinking an adrenaline dump. His takedown was so fast in the first. His pace was almost frenzied . He was amped.

Then came the second and he wished he would have paced himself.

Andersons still the champ I give him his props
ChrisSabal
7/8/12 2:00:48AM
the knee was very clean. Silva came in way way way too over aggressive in the 1st round and put on his back because of it.

2nd round he wasn't so stupid and did a good job defending take downs and having Chael make a mistake and Anderson took advantage of that mistake.
SpiderSilva
7/8/12 2:12:53AM
Finished twice. Last guy that Silva beat twice moved to 205
prophecy033
7/8/12 2:37:54AM
Chael got what he wanted and that's all I have to say
infestructure
7/8/12 3:00:36AM

Posted by prophecy033

A barbecue at Anderson Silva's house, with a nice medium rare steak
prophecy033
7/8/12 3:12:37AM

Posted by Adam_Buru

Posted by warglory

That was a good fight. I honestly believe that had Sonnen not been cocky and thrown that spinning backfist, it would have been a different fight, but props to Silva for taking advantage of the situation, that's what makes him the champ.

I totally agree with this. Chael was winning the fight quite comfortably until he made the stupid mistake of going for that spinning back-fist.

Chael is the only fighter that makes Anderson look ordinary.

And Anderson made Chael eat his words. I don't care if Chael.was winning the fitter, he lose AGAIN and he needs to live with that
cowcatcher
7/8/12 3:31:45AM

Posted by infestructure

Posted by prophecy033

A barbecue at Anderson Silva's house, with a nice medium rare steak

Awesome! So, so good.
aussiemma
7/8/12 8:49:58AM
the knee was illegal ! caught him on the chin, sonnen was robbed !
aussiemma
7/8/12 8:50:47AM
gartface
7/8/12 10:04:57AM
It's absolutely amazing to me that even after seeing the two guys bury the hatchet, and Chael humble after the fight, that some people still refuse to accept his trash talk as shtick. That's all it was people, time to stop being butt hurt. He gave Anderson Silva a lot of praise after the fight, because at that point he was done SELLING the fight and making himself money.

The fight went about as expected. I was surprised how easily Chael was able to just bum rush and get him on his back for the whole round, but it was inevitable that Silva was going to unleash on the feet.
Budgellism
7/8/12 10:12:49AM

Posted by gartface

It's absolutely amazing to me that even after seeing the two guys bury the hatchet, and Chael humble after the fight, that some people still refuse to accept his trash talk as shtick. That's all it was people, time to stop being butt hurt. He gave Anderson Silva a lot of praise after the fight, because at that point he was done SELLING the fight and making himself money.

This.

I was just arguing this the other day.
MALICE
7/8/12 11:30:49AM

Posted by gartface

The fight went about as expected. I was surprised how easily Chael was able to just bum rush and get him on his back for the whole round, but it was inevitable that Silva was going to unleash on the feet.

Exactly. I think some fans only see the 45 second advertisements on t.v., Sonnen has praised Silva over and over the last two years, but everyone only focuses on the trash talk. They were both humble after the fight and obviously respect each other. They buried the hatchet. Fans should do the same.
thevoodooninja
7/8/12 11:38:34AM
i haven't liked andy since his first fight in the UFC. and me being a juggalo i would love to bury the hatchet "with" andy
sbulldavid
7/8/12 11:49:50AM
I would like to see Sonnen vs Jones oddly he might bring something to that fight.
Bubbles
7/8/12 12:14:15PM
that spinning backfist was probably the stupidest thing I have ever seen in a fight. Props to Silva to capitalizing, but that knee was very close to being a DQ shot. Sonnen had that round won if he stayed in close rather than throwing that brainfart, and who know what would have happened in rounds 3-5, but Sonnen beat himself
roadking95th
7/8/12 2:56:53PM
Oh come on, Chael is still the Champ. The score is now 5 rounds to 2!
PhilBrito
7/8/12 3:10:55PM

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

i haven't liked andy since his first fight in the UFC. and me being a juggalo i would love to bury the hatchet "with" andy

No room for Juggalos in mma.. get lost

placente
7/8/12 3:16:34PM
knee went to the body, look at the replay, end of argument. As far as what's next, i've always said the only guy to beat AS was Chael, and since he got beat so easily idk who else can challenge him in MW, i think he should retire.
thevoodooninja
7/8/12 3:26:36PM

Posted by roadking95th

Oh come on, Chael is still the Champ. The score is now 5 rounds to 2!

i like your thinking
thevoodooninja
7/8/12 3:30:53PM

Posted by Bubbles

that spinning backfist was probably the stupidest thing I have ever seen in a fight. Props to Silva to capitalizing, but that knee was very close to being a DQ shot. Sonnen had that round won if he stayed in close rather than throwing that brainfart, and who know what would have happened in rounds 3-5, but Sonnen beat himself

totally agree with you, that back fist was dumb
bjj1605
7/8/12 4:30:40PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by gartface

This.

That's the excuse that his supporters like to give.

But people close to him (like his Mom for instance) have said that it isn't just an act and that's the person he really is.

I wish I could believe that Chael is actually a nice person, but his actions both inside and outside of the cage suggest otherwise.

No one talks that much smack and says that many insulting and racist things without meaning it on some level. More importantly, he has been caught money laundering and taking PEDs. He also said a bunch of awful things about Lance Armstrong and then bold face lied about saying it (even after being played a clip of him saying it.) He's also a guy who has been known to give the "fake tap" in an attempt to get out of a submission without losing the fight.

You'll notice that I'm not fighter bashing here. I'm not calling him names and I'm not offering my personal opinion about him. I'm just stating the facts and in this case the facts speak LOUDLY and CLEARLY for themselves.
gartface
7/8/12 6:34:46PM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by gartface

This.

That's the excuse that his supporters like to give.

But people close to him (like his Mom for instance) have said that it isn't just an act and that's the person he really is.

I wish I could believe that Chael is actually a nice person, but his actions both inside and outside of the cage suggest otherwise.

No one talks that much smack and says that many insulting and racist things without meaning it on some level. More importantly, he has been caught money laundering and taking PEDs. He also said a bunch of awful things about Lance Armstrong and then bold face lied about saying it (even after being played a clip of him saying it.) He's also a guy who has been known to give the "fake tap" in an attempt to get out of a submission without losing the fight.

You'll notice that I'm not fighter bashing here. I'm not calling him names and I'm not offering my personal opinion about him. I'm just stating the facts and in this case the facts speak LOUDLY and CLEARLY for themselves.

His mom said that stuff, when? During the primetime special? You don't think he could have prepped her to play along?

And racist? What racist things? About Brazil being behind technologically and intellectually? Not racist in the least, prejudice maybe, no racist. Unless you're thinking of another instance that I'm not aware of, then please enlighten me.

I'm not going to touch the PED issue otherwise I'd be .

I'll give you the Lance Armstrong stuff. That was awful, but all of this leading up to the Anderson fight, just like the first, was shtick. He shook Anderson's hand afterward, Anderson shook his, and they embraced in a way. Gave respect both ways.

Let me make a blanket statement too - "This is a defense that Anderson Silva's supports like to use because they take things way too seriously."

See how that works? Take a and watch some of his interviews where he isn't in character, such as his post fight last night, after a defeat mind you.
Aether
7/8/12 6:43:00PM

Posted by aussiemma

the knee was illegal ! caught him on the chin, sonnen was robbed !

You should tell that to Sonnen, because in the post-fight interview he clearly states that "he got me with a knee to the body".
Pages: 1 [2] 3