Is Silva vs. Sonnen II the Most Anticipated Fight in UFC History?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Is Silva vs. Sonnen II the Most Anticipated Fight in UFC History?
prophecy033
6/6/12 1:07:41AM
When you talk about the greatest rivalries in the history of the UFC, a few different match-ups come to mind.

B.J. Penn vs. Matt Hughes. Urijah Faber vs. Dominick Cruz. Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans. Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir. The list goes on and on, but at UFC 148, are we poised to see the greatest rivalry in UFC history finally come to a close?

Link
Poor_Franklin
6/6/12 1:34:15AM
my personal most anticipated fight was chuck vs wanderlei.

jones vs anderson or anderson vs gsp would probably jump it as most anticipated if either ever happened
prophecy033
6/6/12 1:39:37AM
Liddell v Ortiz was pretty high up there and so was Couture v Liddell 2.
Chael_Sonnen
6/6/12 1:46:04AM
To answer your question.....Y-E-S

More like the most anticipated one-sided beatdown known to man...and Chael (P)erfection is swingin' the hammer!
jae_1833
6/6/12 1:53:56AM
Its WAY up there...regardless of the trash talk everyone has to admit that the four and a half rounds of their last fight was a complete shocker to 99.9% of all fight fans. Would have as big of an upset as when GSP lost his belt. I would buy that ppv on that one fight alone, to be honest they would have to push the price over $100 to prevent me from buying it and then I would still go to the bar and drop some cash on it. I just hope that Chael doesn't flop......that would crush it for me. If Chael loses Silva needs to fight Jones. If he wins that match he should just retire as the official GOAT.
Twenty20Dollars
6/6/12 1:55:47AM
Not really, too much time in between.

There have been bigger anticipated fights.

Chuck/Wandy
Lesnar/Mir 2
prozacnation1978
6/6/12 8:50:25AM
I dont think so.

Bones vs Evans was higher.

Tito vs Chuck

Chuck vs axe murderer
Chuck vs randy 2

This wouldn't even make top 5
FastKnockout
6/6/12 9:01:11AM
Maybe if Sonnen wasn't popped for the juice, which damaged the outlook on Silva vs. Sonnen as a whole. But as it stands, I know of a handful of fights that have them beat..

Liddell vs. Ortiz 1 & 2
Liddell vs. Couture 2 & 3
Liddell vs. Silva
Couture vs. Lesnar
ghandikush
6/6/12 3:44:21PM
Definitely up there in the top 10 if not youre crazy. Sonnen has made Anderson legitimately hate him so thats something special already sport rivalry aside.

Very few times have we seen fighters legitimately hate eachother, i mean to put this into perspective talking about greatest rivalries ortiz shamrock should be above liddell wanderlei and one fight was much more competitive than the other.
TeamDEY
6/6/12 4:42:13PM
I think Couture vs Lesnar & St. Pierre vs Penn 2 where highly anticipated as well.
gartface
6/6/12 4:58:59PM
Has to be for me. The first fight was an absolute shocker in more than one way, and the trash talk and bad blood leading up to the rematch is going to make it, at least to me, the most anticipated rematch in MMA history.
KungFuMaster
6/6/12 7:48:01PM
It is for me. It's right up there with GSP vs Penn IMO.

And the reason it is - is because you can almost taste "the changing of the guard."
crushedbacon
6/6/12 9:08:20PM
I recall UFC 94 really standing out for me, GSP vs Penn 2, right behind that one is Shogun vs Machida 2.
Boo_Radley21
6/7/12 11:43:31AM
GSP vs BJ 2, Lesnar vs Mir 2, Chuck vs Wandy all up there
Shawn91111
6/7/12 1:48:26PM
Tito vs Chuck
GSP vs Penn 2 - thats for you Tuvok

Outside of the UFC

Fedor vs Cro Cop without a doubt.
ChrisSabal
6/7/12 3:39:38PM
I think it is close to one of the most. Especially since Sonnen backed up his trash talk and was beating Silva for the whole fight and then when Silva pulled of the sub. he ended an amazing fight with one of the best finishes ever. I think it should be very anticipated.
Chael_Sonnen
6/7/12 4:44:27PM
Did a Brazilian cut the promo for this fight? Very, very subpar.....almost Veetorish with a tablespoon of Vanderlay AND a splash of the yucky, smelly stuff....Andy.

.5/10
Pookie
6/7/12 4:59:22PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Fedor vs Cro Cop without a doubt.

prophecy033
6/7/12 7:58:16PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Did a Brazilian cut the promo for this fight? Very, very subpar.....almost Veetorish with a tablespoon of Vanderlay AND a splash of the yucky, smelly stuff....Andy.

.5/10

I was thinking it was very mediocre as well but more like Chael's "win" over Spitsping and his career BEFORE his 4.5 rounds of fame against Anderson