Did Silva call Rich Franklin out ???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » Did Silva call Rich Franklin out ???
ufcboss
3/2/08 12:38:06AM
When they asked Silva whats next he replied "Rich Franklin is the champ"
what did he mean by that???
mkiv9secsupra
3/2/08 12:43:41AM
He said Rich was a tougher match?!
SmileR
3/2/08 12:46:59AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Really?!
I always thought Silva was a classy guy but after tonight I'm not to sure.
mkiv9secsupra
3/2/08 12:49:58AM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Really?!

he didnt even touch gloves with Hendo!!!!
ufcboss
3/2/08 12:52:26AM
Oh, Lets find a reason to bash on Anderson hey!

Class, He has it, Skills, He has it.

Im waiting to hear about Hendo's torn ACL!
SmileR
3/2/08 12:53:26AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by SmileR

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Really?!

I know man!
I wish Fedor would cut weight an show him who's the real P4P champ!
Not touching gloves! Thats a chump move!

He should have gave Hendo the respect he has earned an deserves!

I don't see anyone touching him for a while though.
Silva just seams to have everywhere covered!
Sick striking and slick BJJ.
It'll take a monster to take his belt now.
ufcboss
3/2/08 1:02:28AM
Ok, Now I went back and watched it again, Anderson gave him a frickin handshake when Herb was starting the fight, Just coz he didnt tap gloves when the bout started, He has no respect!!

Im shooting this down now, He did touch gloves once, THATS ENOUGH..

ANDERSON SILVA P4P NO.1 IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!
Styles
3/2/08 1:33:08AM
Silva not a classy guy, just because he didn't touch gloves, sounds like a bunch guys quick to judge! Silva is the classiest guy next to GSP, what do you want him to do, bow before his opponent? Oh, wait, he went to Henderson corner and bowed before every one of the corner guys.....
bullettdodger
3/2/08 1:36:26AM

Posted by ufcboss

Ok, Now I went back and watched it again, Anderson gave him a frickin handshake when Herb was starting the fight, Just coz he didnt tap gloves when the bout started, He has no respect!!

Im shooting this down now, He did touch gloves once, THATS ENOUGH..

ANDERSON SILVA P4P NO.1 IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!

Hendo was running his mouth while Anderson was quiet leading up to the fight. The only bad thing Anderson said about Hendo leading into the fight was that he might be talking a bit too much... Anderson was giving Franklin a complement and in my opinion wasn't using it as a back handed insult, nor was he calling Rich Franklin out to answer the original post. Long Live King Silva!
MikeBillotto
3/2/08 1:41:29AM
i dont know might just be me. but i think bisping called out anderson silva and its his time to get a little ass kicking?

oh and to add to this hes not classy BS i geuss bowing before your opponet every fight isnt classy
roger
3/2/08 2:47:54AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by SmileR

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Really?!

that's because hendo was being disrespectful to silva in a interview
Svartorm
3/2/08 3:53:03AM
What he said was (paraphrasing here) "Dan Henderson is tough, but it wasn't so hard because I've fought Rich Franklin"

Where was the fight taking place? Columbus, Ohio
Where is Rich Franklin from? Columbus, Ohio

Get it now? He was giving a shout-out to the home town hero, not busting on Henderson.
Pookie
3/2/08 5:10:15AM

Posted by Svartorm

What he said was (paraphrasing here) "Dan Henderson is tough, but it wasn't so hard because I've fought Rich Franklin"

Get it now? He was giving a shout-out to the home town hero, not busting on Henderson.

yeah i was bout to mention that. have to spread the love
I'm sure Hendo's next opponent will be franklin anyway
SmileR
3/2/08 8:13:00AM
My mistake man sorry!
I thought he was downplaying his win over hendo and was pissed because he lost too.

Silva is a force at MW!
I really can't see him getting beat for a while, especially if Hendo can't do it.
grappler0000
3/2/08 8:28:19AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Svartorm

yeah i was bout to mention that. have to spread the love
I'm sure Hendo's next opponent will be franklin anyway

I'm not so sure Franklin gets a title shot so quickly this time, considering he's already lost to him twice...I think it will be Okami.
D0wnUnd6e6r
3/2/08 10:56:06AM
He's classy and he'll kick yo ass...
and I do agree, Okami would be next in line to lose
juanez13
3/2/08 12:03:08PM
Yes Anderson silva is the best P4P fighter in the world, and in a Month GSP will be the best P4P fighter in the world, than after that BJ penn will be the best P4P fighter in the world

i dont think he called rich franklin out, he showed the respect he has for rich by saying he has been the onyl true champion he has faced. Also i dont think anderson was being disrespectful, he shook hand with Dan before, and when the match started he chose not to again, no one said anything about rampage being disrespectful when he pushed dan's hands away when he tried to touch gloves. people just always try to hate on who ever is on top (ala the pats)
roadking95th
3/2/08 2:20:15PM
I didn't mind Silva not touching gloves because he has always been very respectful of other fighters. Rampage didn't touch Hendo's gloves either. I just think it is go time at that point.

The Franklin thing I believe was more in respects that Frankilin had the UFC belt and not the defunct Pride belt, thats all.

Silva is one of the most respectful fighters in MMA.
jiujitsufreak74
3/2/08 2:30:31PM

Posted by juanez13

Yes Anderson silva is the best P4P fighter in the world, and in a Month GSP will be the best P4P fighter in the world, than after that BJ penn will be the best P4P fighter in the world

i actually did a write up on that fact not too long ago. here is the link to the thread: LINK
bullettdodger
3/2/08 3:07:54PM

Posted by juanez13

i dont think he called rich franklin out, he showed the respect he has for rich by saying he has been the onyl true champion he has faced. Also i dont think anderson was being disrespectful, he shook hand with Dan before, and when the match started he chose not to again, no one said anything about rampage being disrespectful when he pushed dan's hands away when he tried to touch gloves. people just always try to hate on who ever is on top (ala the pats)

Not trying to say you are wrong or anything like that, but for argument's sake, can't there be a pound for pound best in every division? I mean, it just means that BJ has less poundage than GSP who is lighter than Anderson Silva who is lighter than Rampage who has less poundage than Big Nog or Randy whoever you recognize with the belt... i mean BJ has a good chance at P4P lightweight coming up against Sherk imo, GSP im waiting on this P4P till we see Serra and him throw down. But i can legitimately say that without falling into the fresh in your mind psychology that JJFreak was talking about, that i believe that Anderson is P4P the best in Middleweight, right now. It would be cool to see Silva V Lindland, but i think Silva V Henderson was just the cement to my thinking. I've believed that Silva was P4P for a while now. Anyway i was bored and felt like playing Devil's Advocate over here.
Lay_N_Pray
3/2/08 3:43:04PM
bullettdodger....where did you get that avatar? It is the coolest one I have ever seen, do you have a copy of it or something?
zephead
3/2/08 7:48:43PM
For some reason Silva has major respect for Rich. I'm wondering if it has to do with how classy Rich is and Silva respects that. .
RMFG_187
3/3/08 12:49:24AM
He said somewhere along the lines of; (could be lost in translation)
Not too take anything away from Dan Henderson, but the only true Champion that i have fought in the Octagon was Rich Franklin.