UFC 90: Silva vs Okami

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 90: Silva vs Okami
xphycorx
7/21/08 11:50:56PM
According to Wikipedia, Anderson Silva will defend his middleweight title against Yushin Okami at UFC 90 on October 25th at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinois.

I don't know how accurate this is, but I figured I'd post it.

linky link
juanez13
7/21/08 11:54:01PM
Well Okami just reported that he has broken his hand in training. This was recently, so i just think Wiki hasnt updated it. I think we'll see Okami vs Silva after Cote gets a crack at Silva first.
Twenty20Dollars
7/22/08 12:25:41AM
Wikipedia haha it's not even worth it going to that site.

But i do think that Anderson will be fighting at UFC 90 instead of 88.
finnish_line
7/22/08 12:41:36AM

If they want Silva on the December show as well, I'd do the Cote match in September.

Better to give three months in between those matches and two months between the last one and next one, since he didn't take any damage from Irvin.

He basically just has to train away some weight now.
The_Grim_Reaper
7/22/08 12:43:23AM
dana said with no injuries he wud be fighting in september and then once more after that
bojangalz
7/22/08 12:54:04AM
I don't think that I'd start any news post with "According to Wikipedia." I didn't read any further than that.
kopower
7/22/08 1:27:59AM

Posted by The_Grim_Reaper

dana said with no injuries he wud be fighting in september and then once more after that

The way silva is taking care of people he'll be able to fight every two months then I see the Cote fight ending like the Irvin fight and if Okami is next it's gonna look like the Marquart fight.
Sam_Rothstein
7/22/08 3:33:18AM

Posted by bojangalz

I don't think that I'd start any news post with "According to Wikipedia." I didn't read any further than that.

LMAO no crap

Wikipedia is about as credible as a post you saw on facebook.
jakeiceman
7/22/08 3:44:34AM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

Posted by bojangalz

LMAO no crap

Wikipedia is about as credible as a post you saw on facebook.

It must have worked, after all you guys did open the link to atleast comment.....WIKIPEDIA wins!
whardin19
7/22/08 7:43:13AM
I'm excited because I do think Silva will be fighting on the UFC 90 card. But it won't be Okami because of the injury he suffered. Probably going to be Cote. Which I can't complain with getting to see Silva live since I'm going to this show.
MMAcca
7/22/08 1:28:18PM
It is Cote. Dana confirmed it today