A. Silva vs. Marquardt

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » A. Silva vs. Marquardt
Next Page »
waylon_o
3/7/07 4:28:54PM
Thoughts on this one? Supposed to be at the beginning of July...
nellyhiphophead
3/7/07 4:32:02PM
i think nate has a great chance i think better then travis had
waylon_o
3/7/07 4:35:09PM
I think it will be a good fight. I love to watch Silva fight, he's amazing and his striking is secon-to-none, but I want an English-speaking UFC champ...sorry

I don't mean English as a primary language...I mean I at least want them to be able to do an interview in Broken-English
gspfan31
3/7/07 4:39:10PM

Posted by waylon_o

I think it will be a good fight. I love to watch Silva fight, he's amazing and his striking is secon-to-none, but I want an English-speaking UFC champ...sorry

I don't mean English as a primary language...I mean I at least want them to be able to do an interview in Broken-English

ya... who cares if they can fight as long as they can do an interview *sigh*
waylon_o
3/7/07 4:57:58PM

Posted by gspfan31

Posted by waylon_o

Silva is a fantastic fighter...#1 or 2 MW in the world...I just want an English speaking person as champ. Personal reasons...I'm not trying to take anything away from him though. He's great
Lay_N_Pray
3/7/07 4:58:04PM
I have been very intrigued by this matchup for a while now and was hoping it would happen. If Nate really works hard I think this will be a five round chess match, with either man having an opportunity to win.

If it stays on the feeet for to long though Silva will knock him out easily, and if he isn't prepared I think Silva could sub him in the third.

Overall, this would be a fight worth seeing I think though and I really think he is the most deserving right now.
waylon_o
3/7/07 5:01:39PM
IMO Middleweight is the UFC's weakest division, but I think Marquardt is a capable opponent.
JimiMak
3/7/07 5:07:10PM

Posted by waylon_o

Posted by gspfan31

Posted by waylon_o

Silva is a fantastic fighter...#1 or 2 MW in the world...I just want an English speaking person as champ. Personal reasons...I'm not trying to take anything away from him though. He's great

I'm sorry, don't mean to be a dick, but it's comments like that that make me glad to not have an english speaking champ. Worlds best is a lot different from USA's best and UFC wants to become a more international entity. It shows some of the part time fans that being the best here isn't all it's about, most of them never heard of him til 6 mos before he became champ. BTW I think Nate has a better chance than Lutter did, but think he'll defend succussfully.
waylon_o
3/7/07 5:09:31PM
I recognize the fact that he's the undisputed champ, not if's-and's-or but's about it. I was just stating that I would rather have someone who can do an interview that I can understand without a translator. He is most definitely worthy of being champ, I'm not trying to diss him or take anything from him.
wkm311
3/7/07 5:30:58PM

Posted by waylon_o

I recognize the fact that he's the undisputed champ, not if's-and's-or but's about it. I was just stating that I would rather have someone who can do an interview that I can understand without a translator. He is most definitely worthy of being champ, I'm not trying to diss him or take anything from him.

I really dont think Nate can hang with A. Silva. I like Marquardt, but I dont think hes ready for Silva right now...
THE_AXE_MURDERER
3/7/07 5:47:41PM

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by waylon_o

Posted by gspfan31

Posted by waylon_o

I'm sorry, don't mean to be a dick, but it's comments like that that make me glad to not have an english speaking champ. Worlds best is a lot different from USA's best and UFC wants to become a more international entity. It shows some of the part time fans that being the best here isn't all it's about, most of them never heard of him til 6 mos before he became champ. BTW I think Nate has a better chance than Lutter did, but think he'll defend succussfully.

its only a language his fighting does his talking for him.
SteedTheDeed
3/7/07 6:14:34PM
if silva works on his takedown defense, he should ko him.
cowcatcher
3/7/07 6:18:04PM
i'm not on the nate bandwagon, but he is deserving of a title shot, there's not a huge crop of 185ers in UFC. i think silva should handle him pretty easily by whatever means he wants to finish the fight with
loller90278
3/7/07 6:33:51PM

Posted by waylon_o

Posted by gspfan31

Posted by waylon_o

can you state your personal reasons?
waylon_o
3/7/07 6:56:52PM
Interviews are big parts of the event for me...I always like to hear the interviews, and they tell you a lot about a person...Him having to have an interpreter doesn't give me the luxury of learning anything about him or his personality.
Stickan
3/7/07 7:29:29PM
A.Silva is a really really classy guy and I hate the Ohio audience for booing him like they did. Totally unnecessary.
I think Nate wins but hope Silva does.
Svartorm
3/7/07 9:00:41PM
I'd give it to Nate but for one critical thing. He has trouble standing with southpaw strikers, and A. Silva is a southpaw. I think Silva will drop him in the third or fourth.
loller90278
3/7/07 9:04:13PM

Posted by waylon_o

Interviews are big parts of the event for me...I always like to hear the interviews, and they tell you a lot about a person...Him having to have an interpreter doesn't give me the luxury of learning anything about him or his personality.

seriously, i mean what can a word for word translation every give the audience ?
jocksmall
3/7/07 9:13:50PM
cmon guys who cares if he speaks the mother tongue he knows the "thumbs up " and he can also clap his hands
Gladiator
3/7/07 9:23:27PM
id take marquart on this one too. not because silvas takedown defense is bad, which i disagree with, but i think marquart will control the fight when it hits the ground. i think silva will be able to defend against the submissions and i think nate will bring a gameplan strategic enough to avoid the knockout. marquart by decision.
argile
3/7/07 9:28:31PM

Posted by waylon_o

Silva has alot of class. He is a good champ. If anything having non english speaking champ and with Crocop possibly champ in a few months would make UFC look like it has all the international talent.. And f*ck the people who Boo him for not being able to speak english. Hes a fighter, Im sure not even half of the Supermodels, Basketball players, Football players, Baseball players have a education level over 9th grade but thats a different story.

Anyways.. SIlva vs Marquardt looks like an awesome fight. I think this will be both of their hardest test yet in the UFC.
MonkeyPus
3/7/07 9:34:07PM
Waylon
What's english have to do with it? Maybe its because I'm Canadian and we're use to different languages but worrying what language the champ speaks is just plain racist!
OchoCinco
3/7/07 9:58:10PM
I think its's just another fight before Silvas rematch with Franklin.
poll77
3/7/07 10:03:06PM
i cant wait to see this fight. but, like everyone else i think silva will defend successfully.
waylon_o
3/7/07 10:04:01PM

Posted by MonkeyPus

Waylon
What's english have to do with it? Maybe its because I'm Canadian and we're use to different languages but worrying what language the champ speaks is just plain racist!

Hey, I never dogged Silva in any way...I said he's a great fighter and he's the #1 or 2 MW in the world. I'm not racist...i have friends from different races. I just don't like the translator. End of story.
MonkeyPus
3/8/07 12:23:58AM

Posted by waylon_o

Posted by MonkeyPus

Waylon

Hey, I never dogged Silva in any way...I said he's a great fighter and he's the #1 or 2 MW in the world. I'm not racist...i have friends from different races. I just don't like the translator. End of story.

Learn Portugues.
waylon_o
3/8/07 7:58:19AM

Posted by MonkeyPus

Posted by waylon_o

Posted by MonkeyPus

Waylon

Learn Portugues.

I would if I fought in Brazil every 3 months.
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/8/07 2:43:38PM

Posted by waylon_o

If interviews and TV personality are a big part then you should go back to WWE

Less talky, more fighty for me. I could care less if the champion sang showtunes in pre/post fight interviews just as long as he was exciting.

Fights make the post/pre fight interviews exciting, not the other way around.

IMO Im picking Anderson. Marquardt is great on the ground and on the inside, but watching his fights he eats a lot of punches in order to gain inside control.

waylon_o
3/8/07 2:53:41PM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by waylon_o

Less talky, more fighty for me. I could care less if the champion sang showtunes in pre/post fight interviews just as long as he was exciting.

IMO Im picking Anderson. Marquardt is great on the ground and on the inside, but watching his fights he eats a lot of punches in order to gain inside control.

You guys are misunderstanding me...I said that Silva is an exciting fighter, he's one of the very best and he's #1 or 2 at MW in the world. I just PREFER someone who can entertain me with words also.
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/8/07 2:59:32PM

Posted by waylon_o

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by waylon_o

You guys are misunderstanding me...I said that Silva is an exciting fighter, he's one of the very best and he's #1 or 2 at MW in the world. I just PREFER someone who can entertain me with words also.

I can understand that. Someone you can relate a little more to. The language barrier plays virtually no role for me though
Pages: [1] 2