Silva, Maia, Grice and Black Earn $40,000 UFC 77 Bonuses

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Silva, Maia, Grice and Black Earn $40,000 UFC 77 Bonuses
madmarck
10/21/07 4:23:05PM
Anderson Silva, Demian Maia, Matt Grice and Jason Black all earned $40,000 bonuses for their UFC 77 performances on Saturday night.

UFC President Dana White named the bonus recipients in a post-UFC 77 press conference.

Link
ohiostate1016
10/21/07 5:26:27PM
Should a person win the "KO of the Night" or "Submission of the Night" if there is only one KO/submission? This is what Demian Maia did. He had the only submission. Just wondering.
NatedawgThaM
10/21/07 5:27:52PM
Good for them. They deserved it. All had great performances...
tuvok500
10/21/07 5:49:38PM
Maia was very impressive, he was ready and he did a good impression on dana and the others for sure !!!

Zeitgeist
10/21/07 6:29:29PM
"Should a person win the "KO of the Night" or "Submission of the Night" if there is only one KO/submission? This is what Demian Maia did. He had the only submission. Just wondering."

They do finish their fights though. Like on TUF, a little more incentive to make the fight exciting.
roadking95th
10/21/07 8:05:11PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Should a person win the "KO of the Night" or "Submission of the Night" if there is only one KO/submission? This is what Demian Maia did. He had the only submission. Just wondering.

Well, if it is the only one then the decision is pretty easy.
MMA_Needs_Mayhem
10/21/07 9:22:24PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

I was wondering that too and my answer resulted in yes because why would a guy want to finish a fight then if he takes part in a later bout in the card where no one else has gotten a submission? Plus I think if they are the only person on the card to win by submission or the only person to win by KO (even more surprising) then they deserve it even more because no one else went out there to finish the fight so they took it on themselves to make the card interesting (assuming that fighters think like that and aren't just trying to win by any means necessary).
jae_1833
10/21/07 10:29:46PM
They should definately still get the bonus. I like fights to go to decision only when they are exciting all the way through. UFC has the money....why not show some love to the guys who work to make them it!!!
D0wnUnd6e6r
10/21/07 11:51:08PM
Don't know if anyone saw the Grice Black fight but hoooooly hell. If anyone deserves anything it's both of em'