SILVA/MACHIDA who will the favorite be and why?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » SILVA/MACHIDA who will the favorite be and why?
« Previous Page
prozacnation1978
12/7/08 10:50:39PM
who has silva beaten!!
their record combined is like 5-9 in the cage

i think machida makes a statement submits silva and fights for the title next fight
inyaface69
12/17/08 12:26:47PM
I also think Machida will be the favorite in this fight. Mostly because of the countdown special and the way he picked apartformerlegend Tito Ortiz. However, don't count Silva out. Machida is NOT better on the ground than him, and to be honest I'm not sure if his allusive stand-up is going to be as affective against Silva as it has been in the past.

I don't understand why everyone would count Thiago Silva out. I mean sure you can say all of his opponentsin the UFC have had a combined negative record in the octogon, but you guys act like he didn't absolutely destroy every single one, while Machida throws little slap jabs and kicks to either TKO a shmuck, or win via decision.

Thiago's chin was also tested in the fight against Antonio Mendes more than Machida's has ever been in all of his UFC fights combined. Who's to say that Machida doesn't collapse when Thiago's nasty right hand lands on his chin, and who's to say Thiago won't just ground and pound him to a pulp. I don't know, it just seems like everyone is over-looking Thiago and personally, i think he's the much better fighter.
browneye
12/17/08 12:57:46PM
Mark my words at the end of the fight Thiago silva will have his hand raised in victory
JimiMak
12/17/08 5:02:09PM
^^^

lol

not a chance in hell
inyaface69
12/17/08 8:16:15PM
Machida's style looks good on paper against Thiago Silva's...especially because he has raped so many agressive strikers in the past, but do you honestly think anyone is as agressive and vicious as Thiago? This man has finished 12 out of 13 fights! I'm not so sure if Machida's "dodge and peck" strategy is going to work when he has a crazy guy with knockout power IN BOTH HANDS charging across the octogon at him. And if it goes to the ground, Silva is not only a black belt in BJJ but has one of the most solid ground games in the LHW division. Solid guard, solid in the guard, and dangerous in the mount. I hope Silva will shut all of the Machida nuthuggers up at the end of this fight, because personally I think Machida is probably THE most boring stand-up fighter I've ever seen.
enrique1
12/18/08 3:42:56AM
My money is on Machida.... for the reasons he has faced more better strikkers that Silva has" k-1 Level" with more knockout power and more aggersivness than him. Sam Greco & Micheal Mcdonald ...... And as far as ground game I would as too say the Machida would have the sight advantage on that one also... Silva is just way too riskless in his approach too fighting which is nothing wrong with that. But fight against someone like Machida u'll need too make every move and action count for something. Unlike just going in there just fist flying.
haggiswashere
12/18/08 7:30:14AM
Machida by Decision. like always. If he finishes Silva i will be surprised. More surprised than if silva beat him. I want Silva to win though
Pookie
12/18/08 12:58:26PM

Posted by inyaface69

but do you honestly think anyone is as agressive and vicious as Thiago?

Yup, quite a few people.
JimiMak
12/19/08 12:24:03AM

Posted by inyaface69

Machida's style looks good on paper against Thiago Silva's...especially because he has raped so many agressive strikers in the past, but do you honestly think anyone is as agressive and vicious as Thiago? This man has finished 12 out of 13 fights! I'm not so sure if Machida's "dodge and peck" strategy is going to work when he has a crazy guy with knockout power IN BOTH HANDS charging across the octogon at him. And if it goes to the ground, Silva is not only a black belt in BJJ but has one of the most solid ground games in the LHW division. Solid guard, solid in the guard, and dangerous in the mount. I hope Silva will shut all of the Machida nuthuggers up at the end of this fight, because personally I think Machida is probably THE most boring stand-up fighter I've ever seen.

Well then now I'm glad he's getting someone like Thiago who's gonna go in and get KTFO quickly. Most learn to try to slow down w/ Machida cuz what Thiago is prob'ly gonna do is suicide. Machida may well get his title shot after this BRUTAL ko.
bls1919
12/19/08 6:24:27PM

Posted by inyaface69

I say about the 10th time Silva rushes in he getts tagged and goes down, then gets pounded out. Machida is the superior fighter withgout a doubt. Tito couldn't take Lyoto down, you really think Silva will?!?!?!?! Machida's feints will be Silva's downfall. Silva will bite on one hard and the go nighty night.
deezyo
12/19/08 10:29:56PM
machida will be the favorite, simply because he seems to be the harder one to figure out.
Pages: 1 [2]