SILVA/MACHIDA who will the favorite be and why?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » SILVA/MACHIDA who will the favorite be and why?
Next Page »
MFOTHER
12/1/08 2:31:03PM
havnt seen many lines on this fight, but i feel like they will go back and forth with machida being the slight favorite simply because he has had a bit more recognition (tito fight, countdown special, etc)
MMAcca
12/1/08 2:33:54PM
Machida will (rightfully) be the favourite.
Bowen50
12/1/08 2:42:08PM

Posted by MMAcca

Agreed
cowcatcher
12/1/08 2:42:35PM
theres no way silva will be the favorite here, machidas resume is much stronger at this point.
grappler0000
12/1/08 3:14:38PM

Posted by cowcatcher

theres no way silva will be the favorite here, machidas resume is much stronger at this point.

mentalcase
12/1/08 3:29:09PM

Posted by cowcatcher

how is machidas resume stronger - since 2006 decisions over tito, heath, nakamara, hoger, white, only finished soko

silva - since 2006 finished- hendo, marquart, rich, leben, lutter, cote

agreed would be great close fight but how the f**k is machidas resume stronger?
ohiostate1016
12/1/08 3:30:00PM
Ryoto Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida aka The Guy Who Effed up Tito Ortiz So Bad That He Had to Leave the UFC...is going to be the favorite. Whew, that's a long name. But hey, that's what he wants to be called.
cowcatcher
12/1/08 3:32:08PM

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by cowcatcher

how is machidas resume stronger - since 2006 decisions over tito, heath, nakamara, hoger, white, only finished soko

well because we are talking about thiago silva, thanks for playing
Franklinfan47
12/1/08 3:32:24PM

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by cowcatcher

Dude, he's talking about Thiago Silva, not Anderson. They're fighting at ufc 94.
mentalcase
12/1/08 3:37:32PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by cowcatcher

Dude, he's talking about Thiago Silva, not Anderson. They're fighting at ufc 94.

sorry i dont know how the f**k i misses that, i was thinking about that fantasy fight for some reson cause i want it to happen

too early in the morning maybe i should wake up first before posting

well in this case, yeah i totaly agree machdas resume is stronger
NatedawgThaM
12/1/08 3:40:19PM
Yeah Machida beat tito so he already has more recognition and rightfully should be the favorite. But I'm hoping a street fighting like mentality that just comes at you like a Houston Alexander style that just over whelms you with power shots breaks him and I'm hoping that leads Thiago Silva to victory!

Even though I do believe I'd give Thiago a slight advantage on the ground. But Thiago ain't gonna be able to get it their unless he knocks em down. So he's to hoping but I just doubt it.
State_Champ
12/1/08 3:40:28PM
Machida has got to be the favorite!
cowcatcher
12/1/08 3:41:30PM
after seeing grappler put up the im with stupid icon i can see how you would think i was stupid for saying that
grappler0000
12/1/08 3:49:08PM

Posted by cowcatcher

after seeing grappler put up the im with stupid icon i can see how you would think i was stupid for saying that

the_01
12/1/08 5:01:24PM
I think when a fighter get too much regognition and seems unbeatable, is usually a sighn of an upcoming loss. since Im a Karate player, I love to watch Machida fight, and always want to see him win. But, sadly, I think this time he will suffer his first loss.
postman
12/1/08 5:22:55PM
Machida Carries the better resume and his style is hard to counter I think Machida will be a slight fav. I wouldn't put much monsy on this fight.
Gipper
12/2/08 1:42:06PM
machida because he's beat 2 big name opponents in his last 2 fights.

WAR THIAGO SILVA
RNC
12/2/08 2:28:15PM
Machida should be around -200 to -250
4u2nv
12/2/08 4:17:34PM
Machida has the upper hand here. He's faught a ton of tough guys through his career. I think he'll pull his usual tach-tishish ways and possibly pull a move from Spiders book and catch a body kick and punish his opponent. But he can be the best in the world but if no one cares about u and u have no fans ur no one.
tooly236
12/2/08 5:29:00PM
Machida will be a 3-1 favourite. This is not a big challenge for him.
Pookie
12/2/08 6:44:24PM

Posted by RNC

Machida should be around -200 to -250

I agree.

Anything -150 or better is a steal IMO
bls1919
12/2/08 9:05:45PM

Posted by MMAcca

I see machida being the favorite @ -200. He is better known, and is my favorite right behind Anderson Silva. I also think he sould be the rightful favour. His style against Thiago's is dynamite in motion. A fierce ultra agressive striker going into the BEST counterpuncher in the buisness. Machida also has great feints. Silva is in for a long night of getting picked apart and then dominated. machida TKO early 3rd.
gsquat
12/3/08 9:45:53AM
Thiago will be close to, if not entirely, an underdog in this matchup... and rightfully so. Machida via extreme embarassment.
RhythmAndStyle
12/3/08 3:18:11PM
machida would be..but i wouldn't put money on him..since thiago gonna win...
Pride-Fighter
12/3/08 3:40:49PM
People, say which Silva it is at the start. I thought it was either Anderson/Wanderlei or Thiago. I was confused for a while there.

As for this fight, Machida will win by decision, with his boring hit and run style.
JimiMak
12/3/08 5:11:07PM
Hehe, is there even a discussion on this? Of course Machida is the favorite, Silva's only chance of non embarrassment is to talk to Geoff Guiluli. Machida's gonna rape him.
gartface
12/3/08 5:23:43PM

Posted by JimiMak

Hehe, is there even a discussion on this? Of course Machida is the favorite, Silva's only chance of non embarrassment is to talk to Geoff Guiluli. Machida's gonna rape him.

I agree.
higdon10
12/3/08 7:02:56PM
I'm going to say that Thiago Silva will be -230.
jawbreaker517
12/4/08 10:53:49PM
I think we will see Silva get his butt whipped by Machida.
bjj1605
12/7/08 4:02:40AM
Machida. He's gonna TKO silva in the second with a flurry of punches and kicks. Gotta love the guy. Not boring at all in my opinion. Future p4p
Pages: [1] 2