If Silva Loses to Irvin, will it tarnish everything he's worked for?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » If Silva Loses to Irvin, will it tarnish everything he's worked for?
Taylor8766
6/28/08 11:17:13AM
If Anderson Silva loses to Irvin at UFC fight night, will it tarnish everything he has acheived, his pound for pound reconistion, the legacy that he's build as one of the most dangerous fighters in the world. And how would he fight after that loss.
MMAcca
6/28/08 11:19:48AM
Not at all imo.

He's not fighting in his natural weight class, so if he loses he will just move back down.

bullettdodger
6/28/08 1:42:44PM

Posted by MMAcca

Not at all imo.

He's not fighting in his natural weight class, so if he loses he will just move back down.

exactly
loller90278
6/28/08 2:19:12PM
i believe it will. irvin is a B level fighter at best, and it's not like silva is going to be the smaller person here. i believe he walks around somewhere near 220 or something. to be the p4p best fighter in the world you should be able to beat a guy like irvin no matter the weight class.
RSH
6/28/08 2:32:10PM
Ya, I heard he walks around 225, but the only thing that scares me a bit is will he be good mentally? Didn't his mother just die about a week ago?
voodoo-jitsu
6/28/08 5:07:28PM
i think dana might sh*t a brick
JoeySteel
6/29/08 11:08:43AM
Look. I think there needs to be recognition that silva is not fighting a slouch. I love Irving. I think he is easily in the top 20 LHW on the planet. He could knock you out at any moment, and anything can happen in MMA. Anyone losing to irving would not be an embarrasment.

That said I would put real money on it. Silva isn't gonna lose. Esp a striking bout, which this will be.