Anyone want A. Silva to lose...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Anyone want A. Silva to lose...
Next Page »
pinoymixplaya
6/27/08 9:26:04PM
like I do? Don't give me flak about it yet, just hear me out. Anderson Silva is one of my favorite fighters to watch but I really don't believe that he is done at 185 just yet. A fight with Okami would hold him over until another contender could prove themselves (Cote, Almeida, Bisping, etc...). He has defended 4 times and that means he has cleaned out the division? No I really don't think so.

If he wins against Irvin, which is most likely what is to happen, then that will give him a reason to stay at 205. A bigger challenge will keep him away from the middle weight division and possibly vacate or leave the belt in limbo.

What do you think? Am I completely off track here?
puppetmaster837
6/27/08 9:29:51PM
The list of contenders you put are all lower level fighters than the other middle weights that he has destroyed. Whats the point of a champion just sitting on top with no one to challenge him? He has proven that he is the best in the world right now and there is no MW that is gonna beat him. With that division right now you cant just use the usual equation for contenders. Yeah some of those guys might have a few wins in a row which could earn you a shot in other divisions, but no one is showing something that would make it seem like they should get a shot at him.
bigbubbano23
6/27/08 10:09:27PM
maybe but not by james irvin
89vision
6/27/08 11:02:53PM
king_katool
6/27/08 11:31:48PM
it has been stated that he will still be defending his title, he will fight irvin and the UFC is praying to the gods that he will be ready in time for OCT. card in england, but regardless he will still fight at MW, i read a article(i cant find it in my history sorry) where he was quoted as saying im pissed that i couldnt fight roy jones, i wanna fight as much as i can 5-6 times a year, sorry i couldnt find it
holt8081
6/27/08 11:49:07PM
I dont care who beats him I just want all the Nuthuggers to realize that he is human and can be beat.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
6/28/08 12:37:15AM
yeah that guy sux. i hope he loses his belt and slowly fades away. Then we can never to see him in the ufc again!
NinjaCyborg
6/28/08 1:48:22AM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

yeah that guy sux. i hope he loses his belt and slowly fades away. Then we can never to see him in the ufc again!

Are you being sarcastic? I thought you were an Anderson Silva fan?
Scott_Revels
6/28/08 2:51:53AM

Posted by king_katool

it has been stated that he will still be defending his title, he will fight irvin and the UFC is praying to the gods that he will be ready in time for OCT. card in england, but regardless he will still fight at MW, i read a article(i cant find it in my history sorry) where he was quoted as saying im pissed that i couldnt fight roy jones, i wanna fight as much as i can 5-6 times a year, sorry i couldnt find it

Yeah. What I got was that he was going to face Irvin, and irregardless of the result face Okami. Then should he still have the "thirst" before the end of the year, maybe try to slide another 205 in on NYE? (my hopes really) This would give them the months of July, August, September, October, November, and December (at least) to find someone to put in front of Anderson for the MW title (should he beat Okami).
balack_o-bama
6/28/08 3:25:38AM

Posted by NinjaCyborg

He's either being sarcastic or lost an AV bet. lol
Scott_Revels
6/28/08 4:35:00AM

Posted by balack_o-bama

Posted by NinjaCyborg

He's either being sarcastic or lost an AV bet. lol

Avatar and Username bet you mean. Doesn't make too much sense to have Anderson Silva as a username and then have a avatar of Shannon "The Cannon" Ritch.
Aaronno9
6/28/08 5:02:02AM
If its against Rich Franklin, hell yes. It would be the best thing as far as mma goes that could ever happen for me. But, alas, it wont. So therefore no, i dont want him to get beat, hes awesome, very exciting and fun to watch, id way rather watch him in a fight than a champ like Big Tim who, while i have the upmost respect for, isnt the most exciting person in the world.
Hillbilly
6/28/08 5:19:24AM
It isn't Anderson's fault that Rich Franklin takes out the #1 contenders.
Manfred
6/28/08 6:07:39AM
It's not like he's a bad guy, so I have a hard time rooting against him.

He's cleaned out the MW div of any reasonable contenders except maybe Okami and yet he's always humble and respectful. I like Fedor for a lot of the same reasons.

So, no, I don't want him to lose.
Franklinfan47
6/28/08 8:21:44AM
A. Silva is one of those guys I always want to see lose because he seems so unbeatable and has put a pounding on some of my favorite fighters. But to be honest, this time around I want to see him crush Irvin so Hendo and Franklin don't look like crap.
D0wnUnd6e6r
6/28/08 9:52:14AM
"You can't always get whatchu want, you can't always get watchu want, but if you try sometimes then you might find, you get what you need"

In this case, you could try all you want and still see Irvin losing

but yeah, Silva haters can't always get what they want was my obvious point.
jocka
6/28/08 11:33:22AM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

"You can't always get whatchu want, you can't always get watchu want, but if you try sometimes then you might find, you get what you need"

In this case, you could try all you want and still see Irvin losing

but yeah, Silva haters can't always get what they want was my obvious point.

Okami deserved to have a shot at the tittle but a part from that i can t say there is any real contender after that and since Silva is such a competitor he has the needs to be challenged. This is why he s trying it at 205 which i think he will do a good job... but to answer the question i don t want him to loose he is such a nice guy and always respectful
nubby
6/28/08 11:53:55AM

Posted by holt8081

I dont care who beats him I just want all the Nuthuggers to realize that he is human and can be beat.

But what if he doesn't lose?Everyone is human but maybe this guy is the closest thing to unbeatable.
stock
6/28/08 5:45:23PM
I don't want him to lose necessarily.

Best case scenario (IMO) is he gets a tough win, but then realizes that MW is best for him and just stays there the rest of his career. I am just afraid that Silva will KO him in the 1st round and then decide to eventually leave MW altogether.

bullettdodger
6/29/08 6:00:57AM

Posted by holt8081

no he isn't and no he won't
Kracker_Jap
6/29/08 10:46:21PM
I want to see him lose

But not because he has alot of fans

I want to see him lose

Because he is an amazing fighter and when he goes down it will be a huge shocker and very pleasing to me

I want to see him lose......

War Sandman 7-19-08
Pitbull09
6/29/08 10:57:38PM
I understand why ppl can be upset that he is doing two divisions now but there has never really been a champ like Anderson. He wants to fight every two months and the UFC is having trouble giving him worthy contenders so I think he deserves a shot at another weight class. I could say maybe he should just do BBJ tournaments or something but thats a really lame excuse for telling him not to fight. He already got shot down with the Roy Jones boxing fight because of Dana so this is the best for him.
Figsak
6/30/08 1:25:26AM

Posted by nubby

But what if he doesn't lose?Everyone is human but maybe this guy is the closest thing to unbeatable.

Have you SEEN his Pride fights? He's just recently started dominating. He looks godly now, but that only started the day he walked into the octagon.
Kracker_Jap
6/30/08 1:28:13AM

Posted by Figsak

Posted by nubby

Have you SEEN his Pride fights? He's just recently started dominating. He looks godly now, but that only started the day he walked into the octagon.

Some of think his domination started in Cage Rage
Figsak
6/30/08 1:40:50AM
Sure, if you consider Tony Fryklund (6-3 in his last 9 fights), Jorge Rivera (3-3 in his last 6), and Chris Leben (3-3 in his last 6) to be top tier competition.

Just seems that after he beat Franklin he just entered a zone. Not gonna say I want Silva to lose, I enjoy watching him fight, but I do think he's overrated.

Keep in mind comments like the one I just responded to. He's a really good fighter, he's just not this invincible smashing machine alot of ppl think he is now.
Vote4Fedro
6/30/08 2:27:28PM
Only people that want Anderson to loose are UFC haters. The dude hasn't lost a round in 4 years.
KYGUY07
6/30/08 4:18:36PM
I want Anderson Silva to stay at middleweight and defend his title, but still I cant see myself rooting against him no matter what happens or who he fights.
MuSh
7/2/08 3:31:50AM

... but to answer the question i don t want him to loose he is such a nice guy and always respectful

i always liked him a lot too cuz of how respectful he was but he was very disrespectful to Hendo especially after the fight. just listen to his post fight interview with rogan or whoever it was. totally disrespected him. that would be the only reason i would want him to lose. other than that he's my fav fighter to watch.
pinoymixplaya
7/2/08 10:28:51AM
I just don't want him to leave the MW division. I mean he says that he will go back and forth, but if there is enough action for him at LHW, who is to say he won't vacate the belt at 185 and stay at LHW? i am no hater of Silva, he is my pick for #1 P4P fighter in the world, but I would like him to stay at 185 because I think it is unfair for Okami to wait until this fight is over for him to get his title shot that he deserves...
4u2nv
7/2/08 10:55:10AM
hmmmm.... i want himt to win a battle. Honestly he lacks alot of what LHWs are... brute strength and good wrestling. Exception of Machida which he would become if he stayed and fought at LHW. Id only want to see him lose to one man and only Rich Franklin. Im not a nuthugger just the simple fact Franklin has tried and tried but it seems like his game plan sucks against him. Hendo did a amazing job but the spider proved victorious once again. So if anyone Ace should get the belt back and lets see A. Silva run through people and gain it back. At that point Ace would retire. But i dont want to see him lose UFN14... especially to a 1st Rd KO
Pages: [1] 2