Silva's KO Kick From UFC 126 (Gif)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Silva's KO Kick From UFC 126 (Gif)
DCRage
2/6/11 8:39:59AM

According to Silva, Steven Seagal gets credit for teaching it to him.
grappler0000
2/6/11 10:12:41AM
scoozna
2/6/11 10:58:25AM
Wicked kick. It goes from the floor to chin so damn fast.
BeeR
2/6/11 12:55:59PM
looks like Steven was teaching him how to kick a 3 year old in the face, not Vitor Belfort
FastKnockout
2/6/11 12:57:22PM
Sad part is, when me and my buddy play Undisputed and he uses Silva, he usually knocks me out with this kick.
RustyRedWood206
2/6/11 2:43:04PM
coolest ko ever
postman
2/6/11 3:54:29PM

Posted by RustyRedWood206

coolest ko ever

Twenty20Dollars
2/6/11 4:30:35PM
I still kinda liked the Paul Taylor kick better, because he put down Rudi.
tcunningham
2/6/11 4:58:51PM
its not that impressive of a kick by itself but the fact that it was super fast and landed perfectly on the chin made it impressive. it literally couldnt have worked any better. as impressive as it was it still pissed me off, WHAT HAPPENED VITOR????!!!!!
Twenty20Dollars
2/6/11 6:17:58PM
I doubt Seagul really had anything to do with helping anderson with that kick, you're telling me anderson didnt know how to do that kick? C'mon Man.
State_Champ
2/6/11 6:41:18PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I doubt Seagul really had anything to do with helping anderson with that kick, you're telling me anderson didnt know how to do that kick? C'mon Man.

I found this video of Segal discussing "A kick that [he] invented" and taught to Anderson as well as Lyoto

Video
tmas
2/6/11 6:46:05PM

both anderson and Seagul have said this kick was tought to anderson by Seagul. Of course anderson knew a front kick, but seagul worked on tweaking it, and perfecting it with him. Think about this....anyone on the planet can throw a punch lets say a jab...but u train on making it better, and that credit goes to the trainer.
Gogoplatapus
2/6/11 7:01:18PM

The kick was awesome. That is for sure. But the whole media spin on Seagull teaching Anderson this is retarded. Kicking someone in the face with a front kick is not a new concept. You can't tell me Anderson wouldn't have KO'd him if Seagull hadn't worked with him on that kick. IDK. I doubt it though.
pmoney
2/7/11 12:15:47AM
Am I the non cool guy who doesn't know there is a joke going on? Because it's Seagal. Steven Seagal.

Awesome .gif!
BlueSkiesBurn
2/7/11 9:25:37PM

Posted by pmoney

Am I the non cool guy who doesn't know there is a joke going on? Because it's Seagal. Steven Seagal.

Awesome .gif!

Nope, you're not the only one. If Seagull is a joke, I haven't heard it before. I was wondering the same thing.

Also, I'm really confused as to why people care if Seagal taught him the kick. This argument baffles me. Does it matter AT ALL? I'm not trying to be a dick, it's just seriously something that makes absolutely ZERO sense to me. This entire conversation reminds me of the movie Major League.

"Too high? What do you mean it's too high? Who gives a sh*t, it's gone"