Silva’s long journey to the breaking point

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Silva’s long journey to the breaking point
prophecy033
6/29/12 9:25:41PM
Anderson Silva finally let his words do the talking, rather than his sharp appendages.

What a rare moment. So rare that it could more accurately be called a “never” moment.

Silva aired his bad intentions for Chael Sonnen on the UFC 148 media call on Monday. If taken out of context of the fight game, these were the kinds of threats that usually end in litigation. He said he’s going to break Sonnen’s face, careful not to exclude a single tooth from his mouth.

And boom! Just like that, the drama to UFC 148 has two sides. It was a couple of years in the making, but Sonnen finally made Silva want to assault him, which -- as any psychology major would say -- is exactly what Sonnen has wanted all along.

Let’s remember how this all started.

Link
FastKnockout
6/30/12 1:10:18AM
I think eveyone may be looking too much into this.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/30/12 2:30:52AM

Posted by FastKnockout

This.

First of all, didn't Silva say shit similar to this about Maia? Didn't Maia "disrespect" him? Also, hasn't he said some similar stuff about Rudimar Fedrigo? Dude seems to feel disrespected and wants to destroy EVERYONE.

Now, I'm not saying Chael hasn't said stuff, but Anderson has said this junk before. Also, doesn't anyone else find it odd that Chael was quiet while Anderson "went off," then Anderson hung up, Chael hung up, and Uncle Dana called the presser early?

No, that doesn't sound somewhat scripted at all. Chael has NEVER shut his mouth about Anderson, but ALL OF A SUDDEN, he decides to remain silent while Anderson babbles on about how he's a criminal and doesn't even belong in the UFC?

Call bullshit.
cowcatcher
6/30/12 2:36:30AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by FastKnockout

This.

First of all, didn't Silva say shit similar to this about Maia? Didn't Maia "disrespect" him? Also, hasn't he said some similar stuff about Rudimar Fedrigo? Dude seems to feel disrespected and wants to destroy EVERYONE.

Now, I'm not saying Chael hasn't said stuff, but Anderson has said this junk before. Also, doesn't anyone else find it odd that Chael was quiet while Anderson "went off," then Anderson hung up, Chael hung up, and Uncle Dana called the presser early?

No, that doesn't sound somewhat scripted at all. Chael has NEVER shut his mouth about Anderson, but ALL OF A SUDDEN, he decides to remain silent while Anderson babbles on about how he's a criminal and doesn't even belong in the UFC?

Call bullshit.

Meh, Chael didn't say much when confronted by Wandy when they shared a ride either. I think he's more about hyping a fight than actual confrontation, and honestly, I'm ok with that because he does a better job of it than anyone else in the sport.

EEDIT: I don't want anyone to misconstrue what I said about Chael not liking confrontation as him being scared to fight or anything. He clearly isn't.
frizzzlecake
6/30/12 4:15:14AM
Chaels reaction to hearing him say that:

Chael_Sonnen
6/30/12 12:37:29PM
A-n-n-i-e is a FRAUD people!!!!

He is as fake as his wife's lip injections.
ghandikush
6/30/12 2:04:28PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

A-n-n-i-e is a FRAUD people!!!!

He is as fake as his wife's lip injections.

Again, this is what happens when you have so little confidence you get an additional 15 ass injections the week before the fight.
Adrenaline
7/1/12 4:01:17AM

Posted by ghandikush

Again, this is what happens when you have so little confidence you get an additional 15 ass injections the week before the fight.

I'm sure you know plenty about ass injections
BlueSkiesBurn
7/1/12 4:02:20AM

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by ghandikush

ghandikush
7/1/12 11:27:19AM

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by ghandikush

way to deviate by making homosexual attacks, brah
Chael_Sonnen
7/1/12 11:36:59AM

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by ghandikush

WINNER!!!!

I will send you a free copy of The Voice of Reason....I will sign it as 'Champ'
BlueSkiesBurn
7/1/12 12:53:10PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by ghandikush

Come on, man. You set yourself up for it, he just walked in the door. It was all in good fun. It's not serious. We say stuff like that about everyone.
prophecy033
7/1/12 3:01:22PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by ghandikush

Come on, man. You set yourself up for it, he just walked in the door. It was all in good fun. It's not serious. We say stuff like that about everyone.

That we do
Pookie
7/1/12 4:37:35PM
Don't group me in with those Jolly souls. If i say something mean to anyone, i mean it full heartedly.
Cooler
7/1/12 6:30:55PM
Nobody has ever talked as much shit as Chael are you that surprised Anderson went off the handle? I'm glad Anderson finally said something, I was wondering when the wind bag was going to get to him, Chael had to cross the line and bring up Anderson's family? is that just an act too? I don't care I don't respect anyone who makes fun of another guys family, shows that he's a genuine d-bag.

There's no correlation that he's at "The breaking point of his career" by responding back to Chael. He's just giving Chael something to shit his pants about. Notice on the conference call after Silva went on his tirade, Chael said nothing, just like when he cowered away from Wandy on that van ride and said nothing.

Chael's the real coward here not Anderson, Chael has to cheat his way through life with white collar crimes, realized he had to troll to get fights otherwise nobody gives a crap about his actual fighting and last but not least taking TRT the biggest way to cheat in the sport next to roids.
Adrenaline
7/1/12 10:37:18PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by ghandikush

Excuse me for deviating away from a comment that was pointless in the first place. You chose the term "ass injection" not me. If you wanted to be taken seriously (all of your posts otherwise imply that you don't) you should atleast state something in a way that says you are serious about the topic. Like BSB said, you walked into, and pretty much begged for it.

Now go do some spice and don't worry your little head about it ok brah?
tmas
7/2/12 12:30:52PM
i think he should have grabbed the mic, and said....

chael sonnen .....YOU SUCK!
ghandikush
7/2/12 4:07:58PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by ghandikush

lol