Would anyone want to See Silva vs Hendo 3?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Would anyone want to See Silva vs Hendo 3?
wandcrocop
3/20/07 2:20:27PM
I think that Silva if given a third matchup with Hendo will show the dominance he showed in thier first fight. I still think Silva is the number one contender, other than Shogun. He is still one of the best at 205 in the world. thoughts...
randyleprechaun
3/20/07 2:48:43PM
Im not sure i agree with you!

Silvas career has been in decline ever since he lost to Ricardo Arona in the middleweight GP 2005. Hes not been the axe-murderer since, more like the EX-MURDERER!

Two devastating K-O's in a row (even though they were against top of the food chain fighters) prove that!

As for a rubber match happening soon, i agree. Especially if the Pride/Fertitta deal goes through,as it will make cross-promotional matches possible. And if Chuck is to fight the Wanderlie, it will only happen IF he is the middleweight Champ!

But he has to get past Hendo first!
Stickan
3/20/07 3:25:58PM
I'd love to see it.. Especially in a cage.
I'd like Wandy to get some easier opponents first though. Some Sam Hogars or Sean Salmons.
hathcock32
3/20/07 3:46:21PM
NO
randyleprechaun
3/20/07 3:55:59PM
I agree. Feic that!

Silva doesn't need any cans he just needs Hendo to fail a drugs test!
hippysmacker
3/20/07 4:33:56PM

Posted by wandcrocop

I think that Silva if given a third matchup with Hendo will show the dominance he showed in thier first fight. I still think Silva is the number one contender, other than Shogun. He is still one of the best at 205 in the world. thoughts...

I agree simply because he was the champ for so long. That kind of run deserves immediate title contention if he wishes it. Mostly I beleive it should be up to him, but I would rather see Shogun fight for the belt first. If the UFC really did by Pride I would rather see Wandy vs Chuck first. This also opens up the possiblity of Wandy/Shogun both fighting for titles and not conflicting with eachother. Still, by virtue of his long title run I think he should get first crack if he wants it.
cowcatcher
3/20/07 5:22:22PM
why wouldnt i, they bang and make it exciting when they are in the ring together and they are 2 of the best in the world, those are the types of fighters i want to see square off, not a top notch guy and some can. the only excitement from those matches is the 1 time in 50 that the can wins. to me its more fun not knowing whats going to happen in a fight because both competitors are so good.
loller90278
3/20/07 7:27:54PM
i'd like to see it if shogun loses to henderson (which i think he will)

henderson > shogun
henderson < wand in rubber match

this is assuming all fights are in japan
roman
3/21/07 2:45:40AM
I would love to see a Dan Wandy 3. They make an exciting badass matchup and they have so far produced sick fights, why wouldn't someone want to see it again. But I have to disagree, I think Henderson wins again (just like I said he would win numero 2).
tomp6581
3/21/07 6:09:30AM
After being champ for so long, Wandy should be given a rematch straight away in my opinion.
nellyhiphophead
3/21/07 2:29:11PM
let silva get soem wins have hendo fight shogun if he can get past him i would love to see silva go back after hendo.
jocksmall
3/21/07 8:46:20PM
i agree that wandy is still one of the best at 205. and i also believe he would probably win a rematch with dan. wandy was fighting heavyweights and he has been fighting alot of fights. i think he should stick to 205 and 3-4 fights a year and he can be the man for a few more years. its funny how some forget the competition this guy has faught and how dominate he has been.
pv3Hpv3p
3/22/07 3:19:53PM
I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to see this fight?!?!?

'I' was a beating...

'II' was a beating....

They were both exciting fights to watch, and I will assume that the third one will be exciting as well...

I personally don't think that Wand was 100% in the last fight... Something just seemed odd about the way he fought.... It wasn't what we are all used to in seeing a Wanderlei Silva fight...
Gogoplata
3/22/07 7:06:27PM

Posted by wandcrocop

I wouldn't say that Silva DOMINATED the first fight with Hendo. If given another shot I believe Hendo wins the rubber match in convincing fashion. Let's not forget Hendo broke his power hand, his right hand, in the first round of the second fight, and Hendo still knocked him out with his left hand.
ac_gi
3/23/07 1:07:00AM

Posted by Gogoplata

I wouldn't say that Silva DOMINATED the first fight with Hendo. If given another shot I believe Hendo wins the rubber match in convincing fashion. Let's not forget Hendo broke his power hand, his right hand, in the first round of the second fight, and Hendo still knocked him out with his left hand.

I agree brother. Silva seems to have lost that killer instinct. Hendo, easier than Silva/Hendo 2.
JuggaloWarrior878
3/23/07 2:12:35AM
not yet silva needs a tune up or three
ryderstrong69
3/24/07 9:13:56AM
id watch it but im not eager to see it
theBLADE
3/25/07 11:39:37AM
not 4 a while......or at least untill silva gets back on a roll
THE_AXE_MURDERER
3/25/07 3:49:13PM
I definetly want to see it but i think Wanderlei should have some warm up fights to get right mentally and all have the fights in Japan.