Silva-Franklin@UFC77, but...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Silva-Franklin@UFC77, but...
JunCTion
7/15/07 1:10:33AM
Silva - Franklin 2 will be nice
but why do we have to sit through Tito - Rashad 2 so quickly. you can't tell me that joe and dana actually thought that was a fight that we wanted to see again so soon
cmill21
7/15/07 1:39:08AM
I'm excited for tito rashad 2. I think this time there will be less cage holding, and rashad will be less tentitive. I see rashad winning by unanimous decision with 3 good rounds of gnp.
leeman
7/15/07 2:08:57AM
cmill couldnt agree more
cannon_slice
7/15/07 2:21:24AM
tito is going get ktfo
warglory
7/15/07 2:31:33AM
I picked Tito in their last fight, but I am picking Rashad for sure in this fight. After the boos following their last bout, and the unevitable pep talk by Dana, I am pretty sure Evans is going to make to impress in the next go around. I can't say I am excited to see this match though.
Aether
7/15/07 2:47:11AM
yeah, Rashad seemed to be getting into his rhythm towards the end of that fight... I also picked Tito to win the first match, but I think now that Rashad has seen Tito in action he'll come back with a solid gameplan and take him. He seems like the kind of fighter who improves his game as he goes along and adds new weapons to his arsenal, whereas Tito seems like the kind of fighter who takes one major strength and tries to use it in every fight. Not that fighters can't be effective doing this... Chuck is a good example, but eventually someone's going to stamp your ticket if you can't adapt your style to different fighters.
Manfred
7/15/07 2:55:05AM
I also am picking Rashad in the rematch. He hadn't felt Tito's size before or the "Big fight jitters" Now he's been there and knows what to expect. If he's more aggressive this time, he should take it

EDIT, Franklin will also do better, but he's still going to lose.
loller90278
7/15/07 3:00:48AM
tito won the first, and will win the rematch.

silva will also win
cannon_slice
7/15/07 3:05:01AM
anderson silva will tko rich again
mkiv9secsupra
7/15/07 9:42:43AM
did no one realize that rashad was pure crap in this fight? he may improve but improving from a big pile of crap is just going to be a smaller pile of crap?! theres no way rashad is taking this. He lost once and its going to happen again...

I hope Franklin wins but everything points to a Silva TKO
tuvok500
7/15/07 10:56:34AM
tito will win again.

because he won the first one the point he lost was too early i think.

Violentcuv
7/15/07 11:19:29AM
I am very excited to see this rematch. I picked Tito by UD the first time and will stick to that outcome for the rematch.
TheFalseProphet
7/15/07 11:52:18AM
I think Tito is taking this fight because he is scared of the real talent at 205, the top ten talent. He should be fighting either shogun, lyoto, arona, loser of Rampage and Hendo, or any other top ten. Tito knows he is over rated so he takes fights against fighters on a lower level. Look at his fights:

Griffin: tough and a name but certainly not a title contender
Shamrock: Past his prime
Shamrock: Months later and further away from his prime
Liddell: Champion
Evans: Untested; biggest fight to this point was Jason Lambert
Evans: Rematch

I think this fight has the ability to be exciting but what does it really do for the title picture??? If Tito wins thats great, but he beat a non-top ten fighter. If Rashad Wins it puts him on the bubble of the top ten but certainly no where near title contention.

Rashad by Split decision
Violence108
7/15/07 1:36:17PM
man i like tito but i think he is off his game, the fight with evans was really boring i almost fell asleep, is see evans winning the rematch

Silva should beat Rich but i think the Rich has learned from the frist fight and will win
tommyprairie
7/15/07 4:24:09PM
I think Evans wins this one. He will learn to be more aggressive and Dana will definitely motivate him.

I don't think that Franklin is a better striker than silva and I think he is far behind in his ground skills. I think Franklin is outmatched at his own game. Silva be unanimous. It wont be as quick as the first.
DevonFoxy
7/15/07 4:34:10PM
Rashad showed me nothing in the fight with Tito. Your talking aboutRashad being less nervous well he better be seeing he lost the first two rounds decisively. Tito was so gassed in the third thats the only chance Rashad had in the fight. Newsflash Rashad isn't as good as everyone says. He's overrated and he has coasted his way in the UFC. Tito is gonna lock up with him bring him across the ring, take him down, and GnP him for 3 rounds.Rashad is the smaller weaker fighter in this fight and had no answer to Tito the entire fight. Oh wait he had that thumbnail to under Tito's eye and Tito wasnt in good shape because he had a bad back and couldnt train as hard. If you honestly think your gonna see a gassed Tito in this fight your crazy he;s gonna be ready to go all 3 and Rashad will have no answer for his offense.
JunCTion
7/15/07 8:53:45PM
I dont have a problem with the rematch, but why right away. i dont agree with prefight jitters against tito, look what franklin did to shamrock. and how is dana gonna motivate him, win or else. rashad will motivate himself. what dana should do is raise the pay for a stoppage and not a decision. actually he should do that with every fight. Tito is boring at this point. no great fights and only 1 big one against chuck and he lost. i like rashad to win this one. hes the up and commer and he needs to make his name. i dont think a decision either way will be good for either guy. this fight will not have anything to do with ppv sales. dana and joe beter put some other good fights on the card to take some of the hype off of this one.

and rich will last longer, but hell still get KOd. silva is not going anywhere anytime soon unless they bring in some other top talent at MW
Fanboy 1988
7/15/07 10:57:41PM
I could care less about a Tito and Rashad 2, there fight failed to live up to the hype. It seems Tito's mostly talk now, so there's no way I'm gonna pay to see another one between them.... However I see Tito taking this the he always does, a crappy close decision....
TheRealClayman
7/15/07 11:05:50PM
It is happening right away because one will walk away a contender and one will not. No point in dragging out another BS feud. Especially since they want to find out if Rashad is the real deal or if he is just a fabrication of the hype machine. i personally think it is the latter.
Manfred
7/16/07 12:40:53AM

Posted by TheFalseProphet

I think Tito is taking this fight because he is scared of the real talent at 205, the top ten talent. He should be fighting either shogun..............

I wouldn't call him scared. He's repeatedly asked for Shogun, before and after Zuffa bought PRIDE. He'd get destroy by Shogun, but he's not scared of him.
JunCTion
7/16/07 12:56:26AM

Posted by TheRealClayman

It is happening right away because one will walk away a contender and one will not. No point in dragging out another BS feud. Especially since they want to find out if Rashad is the real deal or if he is just a fabrication of the hype machine. i personally think it is the latter.

i dont know about contender.
with a win over an average tito who barely beat forest and vitor and couldnt get past randy and chuck and only dominated old man shamrock twice rashad would still have to prove himself to me 1 or 2 more times. unless he wins by ko in the 1st or 2nd.
and a win for tito wont do much cause of the same reasons i stated.
and he wont fight Q, a friend, if chuck were to get the belt back he wont fight him again. if hendo does beat rampage there is no way tito will be able to compete with him after (not counting decisions) he has KOd chonan, gono, wandy and maybe rampage.
The only way tito ever gets the belt again is if his opponent falls and breaks his leg. and i dont think he should get a shot again anyways. hes done
cmill21
7/16/07 1:30:43AM
See my problem is how can you guys say tito won when he cheated? By UFC rules grabbing the cage is cheating. He grabbed the cage 3 times...what would have heppend when rashad had him on the ground? no one knows for sure but if you look at what happend when tito finally let go of the cage he was taken down and took some shots...a sign of things to come IMO.
DevonFoxy
7/16/07 1:36:28AM
yea but if u go there everyone in the UFC one time or another has grabbed the fence. The only reason this is even being brought up is because its Tito. Everyone is either one of his biggest fan or you hate the man with a passion. Either way he gets a reaction. So he grabbed the fence. Everyone does it. Its just an instinct and thats why people do it. So yea i mean it cost him the match and thats where it should end. Its really not a huge deal but because its Tito Ortiz its a case of national security.
cmill21
7/16/07 1:55:08AM
I think it was more the repeated grabbs. The fact he was being out wrestled...he took rashad down once, and rashad would have had him on the ground 3 times...in the UFC that tends to give you the win.
Ultimate_fighter
7/16/07 2:50:11AM
Evans vs Ortiz 2 is gonna be an awesome fight, i honestly didn't even mind the first. I think Ortiz wil be ready this time. It looked as if he didn't train hard enough, and he had 2 lower back problems becuz of his surgery. Evans looked like he was overtrained for sure. So im expecting these 2 fighters to make this second fight one of the best fights in a long time... Well thats what i hope... Ortiz wins Unanimous Decsion
LR
7/16/07 9:40:26AM
I know a lot of people have been stating that they aren't as interested in Tito/Rashad 2, but it will be a better fight. Both fighters will come out knowing how to feel each other out since the first time, and I think Rashad will push it much more since he knows how Tito will fight this time around. It could have the potential to be an upset victory or a Tito beatdown.

Fact is, Tito isn't going to be breaking into the Top 5 any time soon. I think he has grown more hesitant in the later years, and that will get him KO'd against guys like Shogun, Machida, Jackson, Liddell, etc.
mkiv9secsupra
7/16/07 5:29:09PM
What was the deal with Rashads striking? He looked liked he was studying crazy monkey boxing?! It waS HORRIBLE.
d_block07
7/16/07 6:52:17PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

What was the deal with Rashads striking? He looked liked he was studying crazy monkey boxing?! It waS HORRIBLE.

yea and jardines stance had him looking like an autistic person wat is greg jackson teaching these guys. and tito by decision he just needs to snap out of this decision streak and finish a fight though. and franklin has the strength and wrestling ability to close the distance and take him down like lutter did only more effectivley.
Fanboy 1988
7/16/07 8:18:37PM

Posted by TheFalseProphet

I think Tito is taking this fight because he is scared of the real talent at 205, the top ten talent. He should be fighting either shogun, lyoto, arona, loser of Rampage and Hendo, or any other top ten. Tito knows he is over rated so he takes fights against fighters on a lower level. Look at his fights:

Griffin: tough and a name but certainly not a title contender
Shamrock: Past his prime
Shamrock: Months later and further away from his prime
Liddell: Champion
Evans: Untested; biggest fight to this point was Jason Lambert
Evans: Rematch

I don't know if I'd go as far as calling Tito scared, the guys a pro fighter and I'm sure he wants to prove he's still one of the best (which I don't think he is BTW).. But if he can't get past Evans and BARELY get past Griffin I doubt he'd beat Shogun or Wandy again or most of the other fighters you mentioned...
kofranklin
7/17/07 7:38:32PM
Tito Vs Rashad 2 will be just like the first fight without Tito getting a point deduction. Tito by 29-28 UD.