Silva vs. Franklin 2

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Silva vs. Franklin 2
Next Page »
lebrontheking23
8/23/07 12:35:24AM
Any thoughts about the second fight with Silva and Franklin? I think that Franklins family and home crowd will come excited but be sad after a 2nd round KO by none other than the Spider
topdogpick
8/23/07 1:12:06AM
I think Franklin is gonna be in trouble
jomatty
8/23/07 4:23:05AM
i think franklin will make a better fight of it than most people do. i still think silva is the favorite i just think that franklin has a legitimate shot for the upset.
cmill21
8/23/07 5:11:03AM
Silva by round 2. He'll KO rich again in round one if rich hasn't taken some drastic tai clinch defense. Even if he does anderson's got the better ground game better striking, hard to see him losing.
hippysmacker
8/23/07 6:14:45AM
I'll take Silva by 3rd rd TKO. I think Rich will do better this time, but Silva will still catch and finish him eventually.
DCRage
8/23/07 8:53:28AM
I've got Silva by 3rd round KO/TKO. The hometown crowd's going home disappointed.
nickcuc547
8/23/07 9:01:27AM
i think this one will be a war, but silva still comes out on top, franklin does have a legitimate punchers chance however. In the end silva is too polished a striker and has superior jiu jitsu
AmericanFighterAce
8/23/07 9:43:00AM
I am going to this event, I got my ticket.

Franklin will utilitize his clich and sweep Anderson down, ground and pound him, and Franklin will win via Split Decision.
kaduey
8/23/07 9:54:58AM

Posted by AmericanFighterAce

Franklin will utilitize his clich and sweep Anderson down, ground and pound him, and Franklin will win via Split Decision.

No way will Franklin try to clinch with Anderson. Look at the last fight. Ace is going to have to keep his distance, cut off the ring, and go for takedowns. But I say Silva wins by 1st rnd KO.
EddieBowers
8/23/07 10:24:18AM
I am going for Rich.. I am going to say Rich 2nd round TKO. Long shot I am sure, but I like him. Silva is a Bad A$$ I know, I just want to see ACE get the belt back.
pv3Hpv3p
8/23/07 11:01:29AM
I think the fight will be much more competitive, but Anderson will win a unanimous decision...
Cladrix
8/23/07 11:03:55AM
The hometown crowd will be devastated.......... They will all be bitten by the spider.

Sorry... that was a horrible tie in with Silva's nickname.
Mastodon2
8/23/07 11:06:08AM
Franklin won't walk into that Thai clinch straight away again, that for sure. What the hell was he thinking, why would he think his "sweet spot" was in the clinch with someone who knows Muay Thai?!

He will last longer than last time, but unless he has learned some devastating new skills, he is gonna get cut down again. He hasn't looked great since Anderon took him out the first time...
cannon_slice
8/23/07 1:20:07PM
i thinc silva will win
alvin
8/23/07 1:26:49PM
Rich by RNC!

Just kidding. My opinion is this will go the distance and Rich will win with mutiple takedowns and some GNP. He'll be able to hear me, I can guarentee that. Hopefully Rich doesn't get too much adreniline from being cheered on by 15,000 drunk cincinnati fans and blow his wad in the first. I'm pretty sure he's past that though. Here are my thoughts.

Round 1, Silva: Rich attempts takedowns and fails Silva counters and lands some shots.

Round 2, Rich: Boring round, Rich on takedowns

Round 3, Undecided: This round will go back and forth standing.

Round 4, Rich: Punches and knees to the side. Silva goes into fetal position and tries upkicks the entire time.

Round 5, Rich: Multiple takedowns and submission attempts.

If that scenario actually happens, you will all have to call me "MMA God"!
juanez13
8/23/07 1:36:17PM

Posted by alvin

Rich by RNC!

Just kidding. My opinion is this will go the distance and Rich will win with mutiple takedowns and some GNP. He'll be able to hear me, I can guarentee that. Hopefully Rich doesn't get too much adreniline from being cheered on by 15,000 drunk cincinnati fans and blow his wad in the first. I'm pretty sure he's past that though. Here are my thoughts.

Round 1, Silva: Rich attempts takedowns and fails Silva counters and lands some shots.

Round 2, Rich: Boring round, Rich on takedowns

Round 3, Undecided: This round will go back and forth standing.

Round 4, Rich: Punches and knees to the side. Silva goes into fetal position and tries upkicks the entire time.

Round 5, Rich: Multiple takedowns and submission attempts.

If that scenario actually happens, you will all have to call me "MMA God"!

if a guy like nate marquardt cant keep silva on the ground i highly doubt it that rich will take him down multiple times, if he does he will end up eating a knee like the one silva hit carlos newton , and almost caught lutter with .....so my prediction is 2nd round TKO, silva hits franklin with a straight left, franklin falls, silva finishes with a couple of hits....
DMcCabe11
8/23/07 1:58:21PM
Silva by 2nd round TKO...i doubt rich will even be able to get anderson down all richs strengths are andersons strengths but anderson is better at them

-NBB.....BM!
loonytnt
8/23/07 2:06:15PM
hmm i see most ppl are going for silva. IMO i think franklin is going beat the crap out of silva,why? bc silva is a good striker ever great but do you really think franklin sucks at his stand up? if he keeps distance i see franklin KO silva i really do. rich has got some heavy hands and is a huge 185 and is a great fighter silva is a good fighter.rich looked like he lost the fight b4 he got into the cage last fight,trust i dont think that is going be a probly this time.Rich is training hard is very hungery, that =bad for ne1 in the 185lb class, good luck Rich you where a great champ i hope to see you at the top again
JWils
8/23/07 2:08:27PM
Like a lot of opinions, I think Franklin will put on a better performance than last time but it's hard to really see how he can win this fight.

Silva impressed me with his ground skills in his last two fights. Franklin taking down Silva and controlling him is his best chance, IMO. Silva has proved that he is the better striker so Rich shouldn't want any part of that battle.
DMcCabe11
8/23/07 2:12:02PM

Posted by loonytnt

if he keeps distance i see franklin KO silva i really do. rich has got some heavy hands and is a huge 185 and is a great fighter silva is a good fighter

rich is a great fighter and Anderson is a good fighter?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?wow.....um ya about that.....if anderson's hands got cut off and he had knubs they might still be better than Rich's hands.....anderson's striking in MMA is in a world with cro cop and thats it Anderson is taller and has a longer reach so i dont know how its better for rich to stay on the outside...he's gonna get KO'd on the inside or the outside he barely beat Yushin Okami and i dont wanna hear Yushin has a win over anderson that is a fraud and anderson would maul OKami
ocho-cinco
8/23/07 2:18:21PM
It's easy to pick Silva in this one because of the way he easily beat Franklin the last time. However I don't think it is wise to just dismiss Franklin and pick Silva without really thinking about it. Lets not forget how good Franklin is capeable of being. He has one of the toughest training programs in all of professional sports, not just MMA. With that in mind, he will have a much different approach then the last time they fought, as well as coming in hungrier then ever, not to mention the fight is in his home town. I like Silva more then Franklin, but it would be stupid to sleep on him because it's the easy pick to make. I still haven't made my pick, and I might not make it until the fight is days away. I will probably end up picking Silva just so I can root for him, but this one is a coin toss, no dout about it.
SicJits
8/23/07 2:24:46PM

Posted by AmericanFighterAce

cmon we all have our favorites here, but cmon rich will not try to clinch with Silva! He doesnt want his nose rearranged to the side of his face again. He will look nervous entering the cage in front of his hometown, and probably even more timid when he sees Silva. Rich will have to keep distance, throw one punch at time so he can get out of the way of anything coming back at him. His best bet, and its not a good one, would be to take anderson down so that silva will just sub him without causing him any more facial damage. His nose did look cool though....from the clinch...lol
loonytnt
8/23/07 2:25:29PM
thank thats a guy that that didnt jump on the silva train just bc he beat frank

like i said silva is a good fighter but a great stand up guy and he ground game is crap for a black belt in BBJ where did he learn how to do takedowns? thats why he is good not great,if he beats frank again then i will think otherwise his only beat what 2 people after frank? and i of those fighters didnt make weight and looked dead comin into the fight
nubby
8/23/07 3:33:31PM
The only way Franklin wins this fight is if Silva makes a big mistake. It won't happen because Silva seems to be the kind of guy that is very deliberate and precise in what he does. He's the best striker at that weight and perhaps of any weight class. Anyway, this fight is Silva's to lose and no matter were it goes... to the floor or to the clinch... Franklin will be frantically trying to pull out a win but will more than likely end up on the ground knocked out in round one or two. If this fight goes more than 2 rounds Franklin might stand a better chance.
cmill21
8/23/07 3:38:16PM
If Rich clinches with anderson it's over(for rich). I think Anderson has a better ground game then we all think, yeah he's been submitted a couple times, but rich definetly can't pull off a flying siscor heel hook.
Lay_N_Pray
8/23/07 4:50:36PM
Right now I think this fight could be the fight of the year...surpassing all of those early crazy upsets. I think this will be one of those epic 5 round wars with blood flowing from both men.

Silva will win though cause there is just no way Rich is as good at striking or on the ground. This might be a gross overstatement but I honestly feel Silva could be the most efficient striker in the history of MMA.

Simply because he doesnt waste any strike attempts and he doesnt throw with devestating power that will drain him if he continues to miss. Instead he throws with devestating percision which gets maximum damage.

His nickname should be the butcher or the scientist with how awesome his stand up his.
SicJits
8/23/07 6:01:42PM

Posted by loonytnt

thank thats a guy that that didnt jump on the silva train just bc he beat frank

like i said silva is a good fighter but a great stand up guy and he ground game is crap for a black belt in BBJ where did he learn how to do takedowns? thats why he is good not great,if he beats frank again then i will think otherwise his only beat what 2 people after frank? and i of those fighters didnt make weight and looked dead comin into the fight

his ground game is crap?! lutter had him mounted and then got sub'd, and lutter is no slouch in bjj. and the people he beat after franklin were not his choice, he fights who they put in front of him. Nate was 7time king of pancrase, and he pulled nate down, not for lack of TD's but because he knew hed beat him anywhere. Please name another 185er that deserved the shot more then nate. the 85 division in the ufc is weak, but franklin will not be the one to take the title from silva.
juanez13
8/24/07 2:38:24PM
it will be a war but anderson will take it..
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
kofranklin
8/24/07 7:31:49PM
Silva by round 3 TKO.
adamal
8/24/07 8:55:52PM
Because of the way the first fight went I think people are forgetting how really really good Rich Franklin is. All the things that are being said about Anderson Silva about how he's so well rounded are the same things being said about Rich when he was champ.

i'm a homer but I like Rich in this fight. There's no way it ends in the first round this time that's a given. I think Rich will be much more patient with his strikes and wait for his shot which is a tactic that has proven successful for him. I think he will be able to catch Silva and take advantage.

It will be a war for sure. These are probably the two most well rounded fighters in the UFC (along with GSP) and the clear class of the weight division.
Pages: [1] 2