AFTER UFC 84, SILVA EYES RAMPAGE AND LIDDELL

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » AFTER UFC 84, SILVA EYES RAMPAGE AND LIDDELL
SmileR
5/21/08 12:46:01PM
Rematches have become one of the most compelling storylines in all of mixed martial arts. From the trilogy of fights between Chuck Liddell and Randy Couture, to the fights featuring Tito Ortiz and Ken Shamrock, rematches mean big business in MMA.

Two potential rematches that seem almost certain to happen involve former Pride middleweight champion Wanderlei Silva. As he prepares for his upcoming bout at UFC 84 against Keith Jardine, he knows that fights with Quinton “Rampage” Jackson and Chuck Liddell may have new life down the road.

During his time with the Japanese promotion Pride, Silva defeated Jackson two separate times, finishing both fights with strikes and handing Rampage two of his more devastating losses. The Brazilian recently spoke to MMAWeekly Radio where he intimated that a third fight is definitely in order.

“Of course I want to fight him,” said Silva about another fight with Rampage. “Him and I are going to have to fight, maybe next year, or however I’m going to fight with him. I want to fight him in the Octagon, because I want to beat him here in the United States, in the Octagon.”

Never short on words, Rampage has rarely had nice things to say about Silva and the former Pride champion has taken notice.

“Guys don’t talk much (expletive) about me. The guy is talking a lot in interviews. I’ve looked at him many times at events, he don’t look at my eyes,” Silva commented. “He’s (saying), ‘Oh I’m not afraid of him,’ but he don’t look at my eyes.

“I don’t know what the problem is. They have a problem with me, come and talk to me, don’t talk on an interview. If I have a problem with some guy, I’m going to go talk and say, ‘hey man, I don’t like you.’ I talk to them (face to face).”

Link
aaa9erh8er
5/21/08 12:51:00PM
i like the respect shown towards chuck wandy is a good dude.
mrsmiley
5/21/08 12:51:18PM
Man Silva is one of my favirotes,but I hope he doesn't take Jardine lightly.The I say see it,it's gonna be hard for Silva to come off a big string of losses to fight Rampage.He's gonna have to lay out Jardine,win big in a rematch with Chuck,and probably take on another light-heavy weight prospect before he'll get a rematch.

Here's hoping he can do it!!!!
IriShame
5/21/08 1:29:02PM
It sounds like he might be looking past Jardine. This could spell doom for the Axe Murderer.
thatfedorsohotrightnow
5/21/08 1:38:07PM
I was so mad that they made this fight, I don't want either guy to take a loss. Jardine has been steadily improving while Wandy seems to be on the decline. Sucks for Rampage if he never gets a shot at avenging his loses to Silva.
bigbubbano23
5/21/08 1:50:44PM
kkep you eyes on that ugly ass beard wandy. wandy 2rd ko
djsousa2003
5/21/08 2:00:12PM
i see him winning it all this year
TWITA
5/21/08 2:43:28PM

Posted by IriShame

It sounds like he might be looking past Jardine. This could spell doom for the Axe Murderer.

SEE JARDINE Vs. HOUSTON ALEXANDER
iwannabesedated
5/21/08 2:50:39PM
Yeah im pulling for Wandy to get a win... 4 losses in a row would suck.But seeing as how 3 are to Dan,CC and Chuck not anything to be ashamed about.I just think the division would have alot more interesting fights if Wandy won.Wandy always comes to fight and win or lose his fights should never be not on the main card against some b level dude. He always entertains.
GrandMaster313
5/21/08 4:12:47PM
Wandy should be more concerned about a "W" in the octagon first before looking for a match with Rampage. His track record in the Octagon here in the US isn't the greatest. I think he is a great fighter but come on let's KO someone, and someone who is considered to be "good talant"
prozacnation1978
5/21/08 5:32:05PM
i think i would rather see a wandy vs rampage 3 then lidell vs him. in the cage i think rampage could take him despite the butt kicking he got the previous times
dmfp
5/22/08 4:59:23AM
If Rampage still holds the belt, Silva is destined for a rematch. The UFC loves rematches. I just hopes hes ready when the time comes. He has been lookin punchy in his last thre fights. Not the speed and ferossity that your used to.
He neds to get that killer look in hes eyes again. If he gets that, Jardin wont last 1 round!
hodge
5/22/08 1:31:53PM
Silva has the attitude of a true champion he hardly ever badmouths anyone and he always comes to fight.
RMFG_187
5/22/08 4:04:27PM
ok im really to start to get annoyed by ppl like this.

Your fighting the #1 contender in 2 days, and ur talking about another fight with Liddell and Page.

are u dumb?

FOCUS ON WHAT IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN

Jardine via UD