what if... Silva vs. Evans

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » what if... Silva vs. Evans
TeamDEY
4/22/12 2:37:26PM
What do you guys think of Rashad Evans vs A. Silva if Rashad were to drop down to Middleweight? I think this would be a fun match-up to watch.
warglory
4/22/12 2:47:44PM
I agree. I think it would be a bad day for Silva to be honest. Evans has enough talent with striking that he could probably be comfortable enough to get in for some take downs.
prophecy033
4/22/12 3:04:31PM
I think it would be fun for the first 3 minutes but Rashad would fade from Silvas accurate striking. Rashad could work for the takedown but in the end, Silva comes out on top via stoppage
KungFuMaster
4/22/12 3:05:21PM
Like I have been saying - Rashad is small for the LHW division. It is only because he is talented that he has remained in the top 5 of the division. If he moves to MW, which I think a lot of people would like to see, he would be in the same position as he is now but with better chances of securing a championship.
loonytnt
4/22/12 3:27:15PM
i bet there would be a lot of dancing in this one
Chael_Sonnen
4/22/12 3:33:27PM
It would absolutely suck!
Twenty20Dollars
4/22/12 3:37:34PM
It would be no different than Jones/Evans

Just landing a few strikes for 5 rounds, with neither guy doing much.
State_Champ
4/22/12 4:23:53PM
I'd like to see the fight.
I've been keen on Rashad going to MW, but he does so well at LHW that it's sort of pointless to suggest it.
Budgellism
4/22/12 7:05:27PM
I'd rather see Evans fight Shogun next tbh. If he wants to drop to Middleweight it wouldn't be a terrible idea though.
aussiemma
4/22/12 8:48:58PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

It would be no different than Jones/Evans

Just landing a few strikes for 5 rounds, with neither guy doing much.

u kidding ? this is a great match up. Anderson has shown he has been susceptible to being taken down i.e chael and hendo. rashad would have a great chance if they fought. awesome match up !!
jakewalters
4/22/12 8:55:02PM
Seemed like Evans was too cautious to engage and catch one of those hard strikes Jones was throwing out there. If he was too cautious to exchange punches with Jones, he'll likely have the same problem against AS.
jae_1833
4/22/12 10:02:05PM
I only want Rashad at MW if Anderson goes to LHW.....Rashad vs Munoz, Chael, Palhares etc.....great! Rasahd vs Silva (not named Thiago) sounds like a repeat of last night or a shorter night for Rashad.
Spanglepants
4/22/12 10:20:42PM
i'd be more interested if silva went up to 205 for it.
Pookie
4/23/12 12:28:20AM
I don't think Evans can keep Silva down for 5 rounds, nor amount any real offense from the top without losing position.

Rashad's tendency to keep his head upright when he's out of his own range has gotten him caught late in almost every high profile fight he's had at the top level. (Machida, Rampage, Thiago, Jones). And he's also shown that if he can't close the distance effectively(Jones,Machida) he doesn't even try for the takedown.

I think Anderson would be an incredibly hard Match for Rashad to win, even if he wins rounds. Rashad has aggressive bursts on his feet to set up his takedowns, and Anderson is the best on capitalizing on lapses in defenses, which Rashad has many. Add in Rashad's difficulty with movement, and i think it spells out a consistent outcome by TKO in favor of Anderson.
jakewalters
4/23/12 12:29:48AM

Posted by jae_1833

I only want Rashad at MW if Anderson goes to LHW.....Rashad vs Munoz, Chael, Palhares etc.....great! Rasahd vs Silva (not named Thiago) sounds like a repeat of last night or a shorter night for Rashad.

Couldn't agree more man. Reach or not, Evans did not want to trade with a striker like Jones.
tcunningham
4/23/12 2:20:04AM
good matc. i wish rashad would move to MW. ive been saying this for a couple years now. i think he could be a badass at MW
LightsOUT23
4/23/12 5:36:33PM
Silva vs Jones would be a better match up (Providing he beats Chael)

I want to see Rashad rematch Machida !!! Time to avenge a loss !!!