Silva confirms bout with Jardine

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Silva confirms bout with Jardine
« Previous Page
silverbullet
2/24/08 11:48:52AM

Posted by Jackelope

If I hear one more person mention something about Wandy dropping weight classes I'm going to go on a rampage. What is with everyone all of the sudden needing to change weight classes just because they lost a fight???

Wandy is one of the greatest, and will always be one of the greatest LHW's to have ever lived in this world.

Wandy is one of the best LHW in MMA because the talent pool in MMA is piss poor.
ThaAxeMurderer7
2/24/08 1:03:28PM

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by Jackelope

If I hear one more person mention something about Wandy dropping weight classes I'm going to go on a rampage. What is with everyone all of the sudden needing to change weight classes just because they lost a fight???

Wandy is one of the greatest, and will always be one of the greatest LHW's to have ever lived in this world.

Wandy is one of the best LHW in MMA because the talent pool in MMA is piss poor.

Are you being serious? The talent pool is better than ever. The sport is better than ever. Everything about MMA is better today than it was 7 or 8 years ago. There are more complete fighters than there were back in the day.
CantAndleDaRiddum
2/24/08 1:14:57PM
this is great news....war wanderlei
win or lose i hope he drops to middleweight ....maybe make his first fight against Leben or Cote
JimiMak
2/24/08 1:54:42PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

this is great news....war wanderlei
win or lose i hope he drops to middleweight ....maybe make his first fight against Leben or Cote

If he were to drop, which I don't see happening (and hope it doesn't), he should fall way ahead of those guys in rank (just on skill, obviously). He doesn't need a warmup after fighting Chuck and Jardine in the cage already (by the time the drop would happen). Wand, imo, destroys anybody but Silva and MAYBE Franklin at 185. Couple guys could give him a good match and would stand a chance, but this is Wandy (even tho he's aging) do you really wanna see the Wand/Sak series played out again? I think that's what would happen to anybody other than the absolute top guys in that division. Also, I know Wandy isn't huge for LHW, but I would think he'd have trouble making 185.
Sir_Karl
2/24/08 7:58:28PM
That's a tough fight to call. Wanderlei should win...but we know how that goes.
If Jardine can beat him to the punch and slow Wanderlei down he could win the fight.
Jardine needs to avoid the clinch, avoid the big punches and work Silva's body.
Body, body, head etc. If Jardine can pace himself and survive the barrages Wanderlei could end up on his back or lose a decision.
Like I said...tough fight to call.
Pages: 1 [2]