Silva confirms bout with Jardine

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Silva confirms bout with Jardine
Next Page »
Daddyprimetime
2/23/08 2:25:18PM
There has been a lot speculation and hint dropping lately that a fight was brewing between former Pride fighter Wanderlei Silva and Ultimate Fighting Championship contender Keith Jardine. That fight is about to become a reality.

“I’m leaving right now to sign the Jardine fight contract and you are the first ones to know officially,” said Silva on his website on Friday. “I am starting to train hard again to be able to get the victory.”

Silva Confirms Jardine bout at UFC 84
bullettdodger
2/23/08 2:27:35PM
WOOT thanks for the info bro!
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
2/23/08 2:42:54PM
WAAAAAAAAAAAAR WANDERLAI!!!!!1
juanez13
2/23/08 2:44:58PM
great match up, couldnt think for a better ne for wandy. hope he gets back to his winning ways.
jae_1833
2/23/08 2:47:39PM
Wandy is gonna ko him in the second round...watch out for those knees Kieth!!!
TimW001
2/23/08 2:47:40PM
I really like this because they arn't throwing wanderlei a can.
silverbullet
2/23/08 2:53:38PM
Wandy needs to get through this one, and drop weight classes. There's no reason for him to be in LHW
Trench777
2/23/08 2:54:48PM
Awesome...looking forward to this one.

Something that bugs me, however...

If Silva is "the former Pride fighter"...why isnt Jardine the "former King of the Cage fighter" or "former Pancrase fighter" or "former M-1 fighter" or any of the other multiple orgs he's fought for?

Just irritates me...Silva is now a UFC fighter, until & unless he no longer fights for the UFC. Whata concept.

Ok, I'm done venting. Thx.

T777
TimW001
2/23/08 2:56:41PM

Posted by Trench777

If Silva is "the former Pride fighter"...why isnt Jardine the "former King of the Cage fighter" or "former Pancrase fighter" or "former M-1 fighter" or any of the other multiple orgs he's fought for?

Just irritates me...Silva is now a UFC fighter, until & unless he no longer fights for the UFC. Whata concept.

T777

Because none of those were as big as PRIDE. And no one think those orgs. have as much talent as the ufc or PRIDE.
Daddyprimetime
2/23/08 2:56:45PM

Posted by Trench777

T777

They say that because Wandy was the Pride champ for 5 or 6 years.
roman
2/23/08 3:37:13PM

Posted by Daddyprimetime

Posted by Trench777

T777

They say that because Wandy was the Pride champ for 5 or 6 years.

Ha, no shit. What a stupid question.
Lord_Lenny
2/23/08 3:54:36PM

Posted by TimW001

Posted by Trench777

T777

Because none of those were as big as PRIDE. And no one think those orgs. have as much talent as the ufc or PRIDE.

yeah UFC and Pride= big leagues, and everything else is preparing them for the big time
JimiMak
2/23/08 3:59:17PM

Posted by silverbullet

Wandy needs to get through this one, and drop weight classes. There's no reason for him to be in LHW

Wandy is one of the greatest LHW's ever, there is no reason for him to drop weight.
Kracker_Jap
2/23/08 4:12:09PM

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by silverbullet

Wandy is one of the greatest LHW's ever, there is no reason for him to drop weight.

it reminds me of those kids in school that can't make varsity so they drop the weight and get smashed because they dropped the weight

I love wandy I wish him the best of luck
Tein_Lung
2/23/08 4:13:55PM
honestly if we wee the wandy that was the pride champ... Goat chin is a can compared to that guy.. but who knows with this Wandy we need to see his agressiveness come back
tuvok500
2/23/08 4:16:36PM
I will pick Jardine without any doubt !!

He train at Greg Jackson submission team with GSP and a lot of good young fighters who are always well prepared !!

Jardine rd 2 KO !!

juanez13
2/23/08 4:21:34PM

Posted by tuvok500

He train at Greg Jackson submission team with GSP and a lot of good young fighters who are always well prepared !!

Jardine rd 2 KO !!

nothing wrong with your pick, im sure jardine will come prepared...........but if chuck couldnt KO wandy, what makes you think jardine will??
tuvok500
2/23/08 4:33:58PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by tuvok500

Jardine rd 2 KO !!

nothing wrong with your pick, im sure jardine will come prepared...........but if chuck couldnt KO wandy, what makes you think jardine will??

Well, every fight is different man !!

Wandy got KO by Hendo, do you really thing that it's mean that Hendo is a better strriker than Liddell.

BlazinSaddle
2/23/08 4:34:36PM

Posted by Trench777

T777

well if you knew anything about wandy or much of any mma you'd know that he started out in the UFC yo, why is everybody still have this Pride vs UFC debate, pride is freakin dead and even if it wasnt orgs. dont own or make fighters dam this pisses me off

and seriously whats with signing your name at the end?
loller90278
2/23/08 4:40:24PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by juanez13

Posted by tuvok500

Jardine rd 2 KO !!

Wandy got KO by Hendo, do you really thing that it's mean that Hendo is a better strriker than Liddell.

yes.

and would you care to make an avatar bet on this fight?
RMFG_187
2/23/08 7:11:04PM

Posted by tuvok500

Jardine rd 2 KO !!

Jardine will be well prepared. I like Wandy, one of my favorite, but he is not the same since the CC KO.
Pookie
2/23/08 7:23:35PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by juanez13

Posted by tuvok500

Jardine rd 2 KO !!

Yes. In practically every area, except accuracy
Ordep
2/23/08 8:29:22PM

Posted by RMFG_187

Posted by tuvok500

Jardine rd 2 KO !!

Jardine will be well prepared. I like Wandy, one of my favorite, but he is not the same since the CC KO.

WHAT??! not the same????
he wasn't the same for the Hendo fight.. but I suggest that you look for the UFC 79 video, and tell me if Wandy wasn't slugging it out w/Liddell ... of course when he dropped him he stayed back because of the rules otherwise he would stomp and kick him on the ground
Jackelope
2/23/08 10:21:41PM
If I hear one more person mention something about Wandy dropping weight classes I'm going to go on a rampage. What is with everyone all of the sudden needing to change weight classes just because they lost a fight???

Wandy is one of the greatest, and will always be one of the greatest LHW's to have ever lived in this world.
Aaronno9
2/23/08 10:38:03PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by juanez13

Posted by tuvok500

Jardine rd 2 KO !!

Dan might have a powerful left hand, but i find it hard to beleive its as powerful as chucks if im being honest
bls1919
2/23/08 11:12:44PM
This has fight of the night written all over it. Jardine is hungry for a title shot and Wandy is looking to establish himself along the top 10 in the UFC. This fight is going to end violently, with Silva ending it with a bunch of brutal knees
Trench777
2/24/08 5:26:49AM
Should be a classic fight, especially if Jardine fights as smart as he has been in his recent fights.

In reference to my previous post; Was mostly unserious. I could really care less if they refer to Silva as a Former Pride fighter, former Ms. America or Former Chief of Staff of Latvia. Just thought it was a silly thing to add as a qualifier since they are both UFC fighters now.
Lighten up, for f*** sake.

T777 <-=-=just for Saddleboy
Pookie
2/24/08 5:55:20AM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by Pookie

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by juanez13

Posted by tuvok500

Jardine rd 2 KO !!

Dan might have a powerful left hand, but i find it hard to beleive its as powerful as chucks if im being honest

See his left hand... is his weaker hand.
The right hand is the one fighters should fear. It's just the Left hand occasionally knocks fighters silly too.
saemskin
2/24/08 7:09:27AM
Isn't Jardine getting the short end of the stick in terms of any ranking system there may be?
Jardine just won a decision against Liddell, Wanderlei just lost a decision to Liddell. Therefore shouldn't Jardine be fighting further up the ladder? Stricltly speaking in terms of "rank".
What do you think?

I personally don't think he's ready to be above where he's fighting, and I think Wanderlei is going to prove to be the better fighter where ever the battle takes place. I think his win over Chuck was more a case of Chuck not being ready than it was his ability to beat Chuck.

In any case, it just doesn't seem "fair and square" to have him fighting the guy who just lost to the guy he just beat. you know? Should he not be the next in line for a title shot? His loss to Houston Alexander aside, he's beaten Forrest and Chuck this last year and both of them seem to be much closer to a title shot than he is. Again, I don't think he's ready for a title shot, but it doesn't seem fair to him to not be getting one. Make sense?
Aaronno9
2/24/08 11:02:01AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by Pookie

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by juanez13

Posted by tuvok500

Jardine rd 2 KO !!

See his left hand... is his weaker hand.
The right hand is the one fighters should fear. It's just the Left hand occasionally knocks fighters silly too.

Sorry, i meant right, ive got no idea why i put left. Sorry for clogging up to page with all the quotes to
Pages: [1] 2