CC vs Silva

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » CC vs Silva
nubby
8/17/07 9:31:04PM
I just got done watching the CC Silva fight and man is Silva a warrior. But I got a question, why did CC seem so pissed off after he won?
Twenty20Dollars
8/17/07 10:35:40PM
cus hes always pissed
cmill21
8/17/07 11:11:42PM
Silva was talking smack before that fight. Kinda like kongo's doing now..:)
Mastodon2
8/18/07 6:30:16AM
I think Cro Cop was angry that Wanderlei got KO'd so quickly, I think Cro Cop wanted to punish him!

The way Wanderlei's eye swelled up was ridiculous too, it looked like someone had replaced his eyeball with a full sized golf ball, I bet that hurt in the morning! (And for a few weeks after too!)

Wanderlei is awesome, I can't wait to see him in the UFC, but that fight showed that when Cro Cop really wants it, he is an absolute machine!
LR
8/18/07 9:30:46AM
Wanderlei said some comments a couple of weeks before the fight. He wasn't saying Crocop was a bad fighter, but he kept saying that Crocop hasn't seen anyone like him, and hasn't fought anyone like him, and Crocop was going to be surprised and overwhelmed. Basically, the usual smack talk. They interviewed Crocop before the match, and Crocop gave his customary two cents. He said Silva was a great fighter, but he didn't like him because he was tired of the circus comments.

So, when you see the staredown, Crocop is pissed as hell about being called out, in which Crocop basically beat Silva so badly, I mean, Silva barely touched him. The pre-fight interview is on Youtube somewhere, if you wanna try to find it.
zephead
8/18/07 10:44:11AM
Wandy proved just how tough he is in that fight. I wanted CC to win, but after watching the fight my repect for Wandy went through the roof. He can dish a beating and can sure take one. Major props to Wandy.
Linye
8/18/07 10:19:43PM
I was really pumped for this one and enjoyed how wand got destroyed.

I don't hate wandy but don't like him either.
sakurabaforever
8/19/07 1:54:10AM

Posted by zephead

Wandy proved just how tough he is in that fight. I wanted CC to win, but after watching the fight my repect for Wandy went through the roof. He can dish a beating and can sure take one. Major props to Wandy.

True. He already had a ton of respect from me, but begging to get back in there with CC of all people! It's impossible for me to have any more respect for him, he is a real warrior.

One question though, asked this elsewhere, why didn't Silva want to take this to the ground? Surely he has way more of an advantage there than on the feet!

I also think CC may have been mad because he hurt his foot on Silva's head and he still had a fight to go (forget where I heard this).
SpiderSilva
8/19/07 7:21:53PM
Wand is great and proved his greatness that fight most fighter would last that long with a beating like that
adamal
8/19/07 10:27:34PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

cus hes always pissed

I think that actually may be all there is to it.