Silva- I don’t consider myself the best pound-for-pound fighter

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Silva- I don’t consider myself the best pound-for-pound fighter
SmileR
3/2/08 7:50:01PM
“I [Anderson Silva] still don’t consider myself the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. Maybe when I retire, I can look back and then say I was the best pound-for-pound.

LINK
SmileR
3/2/08 7:52:10PM
Wow...Silva is a true sportsman!
Most fighters would be saying they could beat God with a run like this guys on!
He is one cool customer and just jumped up a hell of a lot in my estimations!

You guys should really check out the article its pretty cool.

It has other fighters of the card giving their opinions on Silva as well!
owen1
3/2/08 8:04:59PM
Ya Silva is definately a true sportsman.
What a fighter he has become his stand up is amazing,his ground game is amazing and he's fantastic in the clinch.A complete mma fighter and definately #1 pound 4 pound.
MALICE
3/2/08 8:10:12PM
It was a pretty good read. A lot of times a fighters a rep can cause him to become overconfident. Regarding Silva that is obviously not the case. He remains humble, and maybe that is one of the keys to his success.
ohiostate1016
3/3/08 1:29:04PM
Silva is so close to replacing GSP as my favorite fighter. I normally don't like to be a flip-flopper or front-runner, but this guy is just so amazing that I may make an exception for him.
silverbullet
3/3/08 1:49:13PM
I am officially jumping onto the Silva bandwagon. What he did against Hendo was pretty wild. Altho i do think they should rematch after Hendo wins a couple
mrsmiley
3/3/08 2:56:01PM
Wow.

Silva is humble about being one bad mofo and everyone praises him.

Fedor says the same thing and still everyone hates him.

Kpro
3/3/08 3:00:32PM

Posted by mrsmiley

Wow.

The Fedor hate comes from the way his hardcore fans act on messageboards, in the same way that many people don't like Chuck Liddell for the same reason. At least that is my take on it.

Anderson Silva's fans haven't created that reason for others to dislike him.

mrsmiley
3/3/08 3:05:40PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by mrsmiley

Wow.

The Fedor hate comes from the way his hardcore fans act on messageboards, in the same way that many people don't like Chuck Liddell for the same reason. At least that is my take on it.

Yeah I get what your saying.People shouldn't dislike a fighter because of his fans,but at times it can be hard not to.
wrona666
3/3/08 3:11:40PM
I think Silva and Gsp (as long as he beats Serra) in my opinion are the best pfp fighters in the world......I smell a superfight.......
Kpro
3/3/08 3:14:38PM

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by Kpro

Posted by mrsmiley

Wow.

Yeah I get what your saying.People shouldn't dislike a fighter because of his fans,but at times it can be hard not to.

I'll admit, I was rooting harder than usual for Mir over Lesnar. Just because I didn't want to see what would happen on message boards if Brock won and his WWE-type fans came out of the woodwork (Not intended as a dis on all of those who watch WWE, but there are many immature fans that do).

It's unfortunate that some fans affect who we root for, but sometimes it is unavoidable
wolfman
3/3/08 3:29:46PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by Kpro

Posted by mrsmiley

Wow.

I'll admit, I was rooting harder than usual for Mir over Lesnar. Just because I didn't want to see what would happen on message boards if Brock won and his WWE-type fans came out of the woodwork (Not intended as a dis on all of those who watch WWE, but there are many immature fans that do).

It's unfortunate that some fans affect who we root for, but sometimes it is unavoidable

I agree. I picked Lesnar to win and was hoping Mir was going to win. I should have never switched my pick, there went 22 points.