UFC signs alleged neo-Nazi Benjamin Brinsa

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC signs alleged neo-Nazi Benjamin Brinsa
FastKnockout
8/1/13 11:28:38AM
The UFC's signing of undefeated German fighter Benjamin Brinsa has created controversy due to Brinsa's alleged neo-nazi activities and affiliations.

Link
DrivenDavies15
8/1/13 11:53:41AM
I liked Dana's response to this, not going to rush into any decisions but investigating thoroughly. If it turns out he is a neo-nazi, one of the scouts is definitely losing their job
jae_1833
8/1/13 12:15:37PM
I remember when a dude like that showed up to a Strikeforce weigh ins with those kinds of tats and promply got ktfoed by Bowling...people made a huge stink about it which I understood but I was also cracking up because dude got what he deserved!
Goatenstein
8/1/13 12:48:48PM

Posted by jae_1833

I remember when a dude like that showed up to a Strikeforce weigh ins with those kinds of tats and promply got ktfoed by Bowling...people made a huge stink about it which I understood but I was also cracking up because dude got what he deserved!

Brandon Saling I think his name was. Even worse than a Nazi he also banged a 12-year-old girl.
GDPofMPG
8/1/13 12:51:07PM
If the dude is a skin the fuck him. I hate those cowards. If you tell me it's cool to be a skin as long as you fight good, then I say the same to you.
machodog76
8/1/13 1:35:08PM
Not all skinheads are racist but most are dicks.
GDPofMPG
8/1/13 1:44:40PM

Posted by machodog76

Not all skinheads are racist but most are dicks.

True, anti-skin skins are out there, and kind of an odd bunch as well.
prozacnation1978
8/1/13 2:33:38PM
wont sign paul daley but will sign this guy funny
tepid55
8/1/13 3:07:49PM
I think the UFC needs to cut this guy to avoid a public relations nightmare.
Sir_Karl
8/1/13 3:11:33PM

Posted by GDPofMPG

If the dude is a skin the fuck him. I hate those cowards. If you tell me it's cool to be a skin as long as you fight good, then I say the same to you.

Just to let you know, the vast overwhelming majority of skinheads, myself included are very anti neo nazi and very anti racist. Please don't use the word skin when referring to neo nazis. It gives skinheads a very bad name.
postman
8/1/13 3:18:22PM

Posted by Sir_Karl

Posted by GDPofMPG

Just to let you know, the vast overwhelming majority of skinheads, myself included are very anti neo nazi and very anti racist. Please don't use the word skin when referring to neo nazis. It gives skinheads a very bad name.

Wait the majority of skinheads are not racists? I always thought they were a very much "White Power!" group. I'm going to have to google this.
jay98107
8/1/13 3:25:59PM
I gotta give some credit to Bloody Elbow and Brent Brookhouse for the research done on this story and the knowledge of journalism ethics with the Leidecker portion. Sometimes I read MMA articles and feel like I'm reading something a fan wrote, not a professional.
GDPofMPG
8/1/13 3:42:42PM

Posted by Sir_Karl

Posted by GDPofMPG

Just to let you know, you're talking about sharps, but yeah they should be differentiated, never had any problems with a sharp involving them being racist ass hats. But in the old days they'd run like a gang almost the same way a lot of the time Ii recall.
BillsNewAccount
8/1/13 3:48:22PM

Posted by postman

Posted by Sir_Karl

Posted by GDPofMPG

Wait the majority of skinheads are not racists? I always thought they were a very much "White Power!" group. I'm going to have to google this.

I am also confused. Are shaved heads and skin heads synonymous? I didn't think they were.
machodog76
8/1/13 4:19:52PM
The whole skinhead thing started in England in the late sixties as the harder mods, foootball hooligans and teddy boys adopted a dress code of short often shaved heads, Ben Sherman shirts Levi jeans and Doc Martins and braces (suspenders to us yanks). One of the earliest references to skinhead culture was in Symyrip's (sp) classic regge album "skinhead Moonstomp". Some how in this country everyone thinks of boneheads as skins although most Nazis ditched the look in the 90s. It's all gang mentality as far as I'm concerned most time's in, my experience sharps just like an excuse to jump some poor kid by himself at a show 10 on 1. The anit-racist thing seems to come second.
GDPofMPG
8/1/13 4:22:50PM

Posted by machodog76

The whole skinhead thing started in England in the late sixties as the harder mods, foootball hooligans and teddy boys adopted a dress code of short often shaved heads, Ben Sherman shirts Levi jeans and Doc Martins and braces (suspenders to us yanks). One of the earliest references to skinhead culture was in Symyrip's (sp) classic regge album "skinhead Moonstomp". Some how in this country everyone thinks of boneheads as skins although most Nazis ditched the look in the 90s around our area. It's all gang mentality as far as I'm concerned most time's in, my experience sharps just like an excuse to jump some poor kid by himself at a show 10 on 1. The anit-racist thing seems to come second.

I can relate, sharps and skins messed up tons of old punk and metal shows I've been to. Things are also get pretty regional in the US in terms of these groups differences.
lll-lll
8/1/13 4:31:41PM
No Dana's a skinhead jokes? Haters be slipping!
DeadHead988
8/1/13 4:53:40PM

Posted by Sir_Karl

Posted by GDPofMPG

Sorry bro, but skinheads give skinheads a very bad name. Even if you don't espouse neo-nazi beliefs, it still sends off an aggressive message. If not for those reasons, then what is even the point of being a "skinhead"?
postman
8/1/13 5:20:53PM
Just so everyone knows I cut my hair short cause it drives the bitches cray!
Chael_Sonnen
8/1/13 6:01:29PM

Posted by Sir_Karl

Posted by GDPofMPG

This is the best and worst thing that I've read all day
machodog76
8/1/13 6:15:49PM

Posted by GDPofMPG

Posted by machodog76

The whole skinhead thing started in England in the late sixties as the harder mods, foootball hooligans and teddy boys adopted a dress code of short often shaved heads, Ben Sherman shirts Levi jeans and Doc Martins and braces (suspenders to us yanks). One of the earliest references to skinhead culture was in Symyrip's (sp) classic regge album "skinhead Moonstomp". Some how in this country everyone thinks of boneheads as skins although most Nazis ditched the look in the 90s around our area. It's all gang mentality as far as I'm concerned most time's in, my experience sharps just like an excuse to jump some poor kid by himself at a show 10 on 1. The anit-racist thing seems to come second.

I can relate, sharps and skins messed up tons of old punk and metal shows I've been to. Things are also get pretty regional in the US in terms of these groups differences.

Yep same here, every ska show I've ever been to ends up getting stopped because some of our local "rude boys" decide to call some poor kid a Nazi and kick the shit out of him. The last time I went to a Dropkick Murphy’s’ show the, "Rose City Bomber Boys" decided the bagpipe player was a Nazi and they jumped him after the show. The most ironic part was that one of their members was doing security for the band that tour. I just go to metal shows for the most part now (punks and skins are too cool for those around here).
warglory
8/1/13 6:54:35PM

Posted by machodog76

Posted by GDPofMPG

Posted by machodog76

Yep same here, every ska show I've ever been to ends up getting stopped because some of our local "rude boys" decide to call some poor kid a Nazi and kick the shit out of him. The last time I went to a Dropkick Murphy’s’ show the, "Rose City Bomber Boys" decided the bagpipe player was a Nazi and they jumped him after the show. The most ironic part was that one of their members was doing security for the band that tour. I just go to metal shows for the most part now (punks and skins are too cool for those around here).

This. I have frequented many metal and hardcore shows in the Boston/Worcester area, where FSU used to have a pretty firm hold (not sure about now). They originally were formed to take on white supremacists at hardcore shows, which changed to them being a hodge podge gang, with extreme versions of the same ideals, along with a healthy dose of straight edge. Any organized skin group, whether they be a nazi's, or otherwise, are usually looking for trouble in my experience.
infestructure
8/2/13 1:00:38AM
I bet Dana would have no problem hiring a member of the Black Panthers though.