Signed Gloves

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Signed Gloves
tommyprairie
6/29/08 11:49:18AM
Do you guys think this is a good buy?

A guy I know through a friend is selling his collection of signed MMA Gloves. All are cased with a picture of the fighter. Here is the list.

Ken Shamrock
Anderon Silva and Dan Henderson one glove signed by both fight poster
Rampage Jackson
Roger Huerta (Sports illustrated Article)
Randy Couture
Dan Henderson and Wandalei Silva (a glove signed by each and a fight poster)
Royce Gracie
Shogun Rua
Tyson Griffin
Forrest Griffin

He wants to sell them to me, any idea of a fair price? Has proof they are real.

(Note: I am asking for advice, not selling these on here)
Pookie
6/29/08 11:51:48AM

Posted by tommyprairie

A guy I know through a friend is selling his collection of signed MMA Gloves. All are cased with a picture of the fighter. Here is the list.

Ken Shamrock
Rampage Jackson
Randy Couture
Royce Gracie
Shogun Rua
Tyson Griffin
Forrest Griffin

Shit man, he could get more than a couple hundred easy for that.
grappler0000
6/29/08 12:02:50PM
I'm assuming these are just generic MMA gloves that are signed...and not the actual glove worn in a fight?
tommyprairie
6/29/08 12:03:56PM
yea definitely not the actual. That'd be quite a collection if it was.
bullettdodger
6/29/08 12:52:34PM

Posted by tommyprairie

yea definitely not the actual. That'd be quite a collection if it was.

Definitively would be, i don't know though with the boon of mma just hitting i can't help but think if he waits a bit longer, he will get a lot more dough for all of that.
tommyprairie
6/29/08 1:05:31PM
He needs cash now. He finished college and has not saved money or gotten a a job. What do u think $300? $400?
xposipx
6/29/08 3:38:14PM

Posted by tommyprairie

He needs cash now. He finished college and has not saved money or gotten a a job. What do u think $300? $400?

It's really up to you man. Personally, I wouldn't go over $300. If you collect stuff like that then spend as much as you want...it's your collection not mine. You can get them officially authenticated by Beckett I believe and get a real COA - THEN they would be worth a lot more and you could easily make money on the ones you didn't want. I say 300 sounds fair.
ChokeUout
6/29/08 10:37:49PM

Posted by tommyprairie

Ken Shamrock
Rampage Jackson
Randy Couture
Royce Gracie
Shogun Rua
Tyson Griffin
Forrest Griffin

First off, you oughta smack him for wanting to sell that collection!

Secondly, splurge a little. I wouldn't go over $500. I'd start at $250 to see if you can get a dal, but yeah, those will be worth something someday. Even if they are replica gloves.
mrsmiley
6/29/08 10:41:38PM
Just looked some MMA signed gloves on Ebay.

The prices are a toss up really.They go as low as 14.99 all the way to 184 bucks.I would try to get 250 out of them.You would probably be walking away with a good deal.
tommyprairie
6/30/08 12:24:24AM
I didnt think of the ebay check. Thanks. Yea I will smack him, after I buy them.
Kracker_Jap
6/30/08 2:02:31AM
Then you can sell them to me for $500

Maybe i better check e-bay first
teddythetuna
6/30/08 11:54:08AM
I paid 150 bucks for a GSP and Miletich signed glove. So that collection sold separately on ebay would fetch quite a bit. The Henderson/Silva with poster would probably get over 200 bucks on ebay itself.
bigbubbano23
7/1/08 1:55:48AM
y would you want them, they hold no emotional value to you they just have a name written on them. for an autograph to be cool you have to have a story behind it bra.
big_timmy
7/1/08 2:36:52AM

Posted by bigbubbano23

y would you want them, they hold no emotional value to you they just have a name written on them. for an autograph to be cool you have to have a story behind it bra.

I disagree. The fact they have a name scribbled on them is the story. Just knowing that at some point, these gloves were in the hands of those fighters is a big deal. I know plenty of people who would splash out on them. Thats the whole point of memorablia. Most of the stuff people own is second hand, meaning they didnt get it signed themselves. It'd be hard to start a collection up if that wasnt what people were willing to settle with.
ko-kbo130
7/1/08 3:06:39AM
i work in a memrobillia store so i have a some experience with these things. things you wanna look for is the quality of the signature, make sure they arent faded or smudged. also who are the autographs authenticated by. that has alot to do with the value of things. rught now i wouldnt say the collection is worth too much. although to an mma fan it seems like having some of the all time best to the average person its not worth that much. honestly i think 200 is a good price. who knows in a few years it may be worth alot but right now i dont think they hold too much value. but than again thats how many people find their treasuers. people come into the store sayin how they found a mickey mantle ball in there basement that their dad bought in a garage sale for 20 bucks.
bigbubbano23
7/1/08 9:25:20AM

Posted by big_timmy

Posted by bigbubbano23

I disagree. The fact they have a name scribbled on them is the story. Just knowing that at some point, these gloves were in the hands of those fighters is a big deal. I know plenty of people who would splash out on them. Thats the whole point of memorablia. Most of the stuff people own is second hand, meaning they didnt get it signed themselves. It'd be hard to start a collection up if that wasnt what people were willing to settle with.

i know a lot of people really enjoy stuff like that, but for me i would have to have gotten the signature directly otherwise y should i buy it, because someone who works hard held it for roughly 10 seconds. to me it just seems silly to spend money on someones signature. but to each their own