Signature Punches

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Signature Punches
Ultimate_fighter
4/30/07 6:58:05PM
Do you guys have signature punches that u train for. Mine is Fake the body shot, with a huge right, then hit ya right in the jaw. Or uppercut (x5) to the body, then a huge uppercut to the face, but need to stay close to ur opponent so they don't counter u easy. What r ur guy's signature punches?
Fanboy 1988
4/30/07 7:02:29PM
Right hook to the jaw, wait till they get close, fake alittle then WHAM!
bayonetxwork
4/30/07 7:24:52PM
Left Hook, Right Cross. I'm a counter puncher so when they snap a jab side step so your not in their angle, bring the hook either up high or low, and then finish with the cross.
fedorwins1
4/30/07 7:37:05PM
I like it simple, just a single left straight followed by a right straight.
Svartorm
4/30/07 11:37:46PM
Depends on who I'm fighting. I'm fighting a ton of huge guys in the next tournament I'm doing this summer, so I'm working on engaging and disengaging clinch quickly, which involves a lot of hooks.
contractseven
5/3/07 1:03:50PM
Wide right hooks. Then after a few, the guy will be moving his head away from those. Then I'll fake one and throw a hard left hook.

Or

leg kicks from the right. Continue on that until he concentrates on that. Then fake a kick and left hook.

All my styles are to trick the opponent into thinking that he knows what attacks coming next. I try to make him forget about my real attack with decoys.
Mastodon2
5/4/07 10:47:55AM
Im a south paw, and my most powerful punch is my right hook, so that is good for bombing opponents with, but I favour kicks more, my LHK is pretty lethal and my leg kicks are pretty good with both legs, but if anything is my signature its my left body kick, I can impart a considerable force on that one!
Svartorm
5/4/07 9:06:58PM
You play guitar right handed, but fight left? Man after my own heart.
Mastodon2
5/5/07 3:35:17PM

Posted by Svartorm

You play guitar right handed, but fight left? Man after my own heart.

Yeah, I write left handed, use tools left handed, Shoot left handed (only with Air Rifles though, no proper guns in the UK, and guns with a reverse breach, to prevent us lefties getting cases ejected in our faces arent all that common!), but playing guitar right handed just felt so natural. Tbh Im glad I learned right handed, leftie guitarists have it really bad, because there is only a very limited range of leftie guitars, and no 7 strings!

Go South paws!
-Virus-
5/26/07 8:12:40PM

Posted by bayonetxwork

Left Hook, Right Cross. I'm a counter puncher so when they snap a jab side step so your not in their angle, bring the hook either up high or low, and then finish with the cross.

Same for me, i also like the overhand right but i don't overkill it like Andy Wang did in his fight, also i have strength behind it unlike Andy