Why did you sign up on playground.com?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Why did you sign up on playground.com?
« Previous Page
KungFuMaster
8/20/11 3:19:27AM
It looks like many of you were recruited to this site. Why don't each of us try to recruit at least one member?
SpiderSilva
8/20/11 10:14:05AM
I joined because of an add i seen on ufcjunkie then that was after months of seeing it there. i never posted on other forums other than these and pretty much still dont anywhere. i also used to post way more till 1 former mod that Im sure others are talking about started banning people left and right i was down to my last warning and i decided to cut it back and check other sites for my hourly mma fix. but the playground will always be #1. hell i recruited my wife and best friend to join and they don't like to post but they make their picks.
prophecy033
8/20/11 12:59:12PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Telnights, Emfleek, cowcatcher, zephead, hippysmacker, ncordless, Jackelope, and mmaplayground.

Sad I can do that from the top of my head.

it also tells you at the bottom of the forums page, along with everyone on the site
MMAcca
8/20/11 2:26:46PM

Posted by scoozna

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Shawn91111

Once people started getting banned left and right a few years back I stopped looking at the threads. Only really look at the news forum now and camp forum

Yeah, that guy was ragin'

haha...i see what you did there.

Since he's gone I will probably go Premium again....these ads are killing me.

What these guys said.

I used to post a lot (as you can see from my post count), but i was literally scared away from the forums for fear of being banned.
KungFuMaster
8/20/11 2:41:57PM
All I can say is we have what seems to be good mods now so there is really no need to shy away from the site you love.
jae_1833
8/20/11 5:44:46PM
Originally for my friends and I to solve the bs that was happening during events because we would place bets and watch together.....when the wager is a kick in the SHOW you'll lie cheat and steal to win the day!! So we did it for the fight companion to keep the night honest....that's why that camp fell apart too! Fight Mulisha was a short lived group of bored Jarheads who enjoyed watching a good fight as much as they enjoyed in participating!
Kpro
8/21/11 3:20:07AM
I signed up when the site went up from a link on sherdog. I was on Sherdog around 02-06 mainly hanging out in the Off-Topic forum and being banned more times than I could possibly count.

After joining this site in 01/07, it was more of a community aspect, and I no longer felt the need to intentionally push the limits of forum rules (at least I try not to), and I've helped many posters over the years with picks and other things via PM.

I'll say what everyone else is tip-toeing around because the truth can sometimes hurt. I stopped posting for a while when DCRage tried to sabotage the site by banning many great posters, warning me multiple times for things as simplistic as not tying my shoes.. As he hasn't logged in for nearly 6 months, I'm not saying anything negative about a member of this site as he obviously has abandoned it so fair game.

After he was un-Modded I started posting more again and have mostly maintained picking every event for almost 5 years. I still encourage any members to PM me if they have any questions or want to discuss a fight or fights regardless how new you are to the site.

I think the Playground is great because the mods we "now" have, do an excellent job of maintaining this site to being family friendly and not turning into one of the many other forums out there. And for that I thank the mods for putting their time into the site without being paid for what they do. Do remember, they are just volunteering their time to keep the forums we visit daily in line.

I also think we have the best fight camp section and picks based site on the web and I'd share a beer with anyone in The Ringers and many other members. No seriously, just one beer, completely shared, two straws. And they'd be the straws that change colors and are all twisty and stuff.
Shawn91111
8/21/11 5:24:17AM

Posted by Kpro

I signed up when the site went up from a link on sherdog. I was on Sherdog around 02-06 mainly hanging out in the Off-Topic forum and being banned more times than I could possibly count.

After joining this site in 01/07, it was more of a community aspect, and I no longer felt the need to intentionally push the limits of forum rules, and I've helped many posters over the years with picks and other things via PM.

I'll say what everyone else is tip-toeing around because the truth can sometimes hurt. I stopped posting for a while when DCRage tried to sabotage the site by banning many great posters, warning me multiple times for things as simplistic as not tying my shoes, and just in general being a douche. As he hasn't logged in for nearly 6 months, I'm not saying anything negative about a member of this site as he obviously has abandoned it so fair game.

After he was un-Modded I started posting more again and have mostly maintained picking every event for almost 5 years. I still encourage any members to PM me if they have any questions or want to discuss a fight or fights regardless how new you are to the site.

I think the Playground is great because the mods we "now" have, do an excellent job of maintaining this site to being family friendly and not turning into one of the many other forums out there. And for that I thank the mods for putting their time into the site without being paid for what they do. Do remember, they are just volunteering their time to keep the forums we visit daily in line.

I also think we have the best fight camp section and picks based site on the web and I'd share a beer with anyone in The Ringers and many other members. No seriously, just one beer, completely shared, two straws. And they'd be the straws that change colors and are all twisty and stuff.

2 straws? Do they have cooties?
Kpro
8/21/11 8:15:03AM

Posted by Shawn91111

pmoney
8/21/11 4:47:54PM
There is no way that billboard is real!

Also, Kpro... "The Story of Kpro", as I have dubbed your post on joining, has been sold by me to a big Hollywood film studio. I'll be sure to cut you in
MMAcca
8/23/11 6:03:25PM

Posted by Kpro

Here, here!
prophecy033
8/23/11 6:44:30PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Shawn91111

gotta love Tennessee
Aether
8/23/11 7:24:26PM

Posted by Kpro

After joining this site in 01/07, it was more of a community aspect, and I no longer felt the need to intentionally push the limits of forum rules (at least I try not to), and I've helped many posters over the years with picks and other things via PM.

I'll say what everyone else is tip-toeing around because the truth can sometimes hurt. I stopped posting for a while when DCRage tried to sabotage the site by banning many great posters, warning me multiple times for things as simplistic as not tying my shoes.. As he hasn't logged in for nearly 6 months, I'm not saying anything negative about a member of this site as he obviously has abandoned it so fair game.

Yeah, I wrote a long email to the site owner during the Rage era because it was so out of hand.
prophecy033
8/23/11 8:20:38PM
I've been an mma freak for about 7 years now (in fact that was my first camp name) and my buddy chokesetterjake and I would always talk about this fight or that knockout but it was never enough. Then one day back in 07 he was telling me about the playground. It took him a month to convince me to do it. Best damn idea he ever had. From that point on I've been literally addicted to this site. There was a few months there that I didn't get on the playground and it shows in my overall record. I should be in the high 500's by now but that's what happens when you have a girlfriend that takes up all your time. Now I got my smartphone so, since I'm a delivery driver, I can just mess around on here WHILE I'm working. This and ESPN are the only sites I look at.
It took me exactly 4 years to start posting. I just never really thought about voicing my opinion in a public forum before. I glad I finally did. I've been hearing a lot about how it was back in the "DCRage" era. Dude sounds like a hard ass. I'm happy with the MODS we got now. Every once in awhile one of us will get out of hand but its always dealt with properly. No bans just because of a disagreement, you actually have to be a tool, troll, or warned multiple time before you get "das boot"
Pages: 1 2 [3]