Why did you sign up on playground.com?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Why did you sign up on playground.com?
« Previous Page | Next Page »
tn_rebel
8/19/11 3:23:46PM
For the first couple years i was on the playground i didn't post anything. I just liked doin the fantasy picks.
BlueSkiesBurn
8/19/11 3:23:53PM
If you're gonna crap on Fleek, do it because he's a Cubs fan. It doesn't matter if he's a moderator or not, he's got ZERO comeback for that miserable excuse for a team.
emfleek
8/19/11 3:25:22PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

If you're gonna crap on Fleek, do it because he's a Cubs fan. It doesn't matter if he's a moderator or not, he's got ZERO comeback for that miserable excuse for a team.

Sad, but true.

On the bright side, Jim Hendry got sh*tcanned today.

BlueSkiesBurn
8/19/11 3:30:16PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Sad, but true.

On the bright side, Jim Hendry got sh*tcanned today.

I saw that this morning. But somehow, the Cubs even managed to screw that up. Technically he was fired a month ago....

Ricketts has some serious issues going on in Chicago.
emfleek
8/19/11 3:32:48PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I started the "Sell the Team Back to the Tribune" campaign about 2 months ago.
BlueSkiesBurn
8/19/11 3:38:13PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I started the "Sell the Team Back to the Tribune" campaign about 2 months ago.

I'd have been more pissed about the fact that the Cubs were featured on an episode of Undercover Boss. It's like, great, the janitors, hot dog vendors and parking attendants are doing their jobs....too bad nobody else is.
emfleek
8/19/11 3:39:30PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I'd have been more pissed about the fact that the Cubs were featured on an episode of Undercover Boss. It's like, great, the janitors, hot dog vendors and parking attendants are doing their jobs....too bad nobody else is.

To be honest, I had no idea they were even featured on Undercover Boss.
BlueSkiesBurn
8/19/11 3:45:04PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

To be honest, I had no idea they were even featured on Undercover Boss.

Yeah, Todd Ricketts went undercover to check on the "state of the organization."

Here's the CBS Link
Budgellism
8/19/11 3:46:28PM
I was looking for a free mma fantasy game back in '07. This site was the best I could find then and it's the best I can find now.
Budgellism
8/19/11 3:48:03PM

Posted by tn_rebel

For the first couple years i was on the playground i didn't post anything. I just liked doin the fantasy picks.

Same here.
KungFuMaster
8/19/11 4:31:02PM
Just as I thought I was on the verge of being cured.... I got rid of Jykell and was sure Fleek was to follow. Now a new character named Rebel is starting to show up in my episodes. I should have known. Those medications only work for a certain amount of time before I become resistant to them.

Do we have any exorcist in the playground?
Shawn91111
8/19/11 4:55:25PM
Once people started getting banned left and right a few years back I stopped looking at the threads. Only really look at the news forum now and camp forum
KungFuMaster
8/19/11 5:14:35PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Once people started getting banned left and right a few years back I stopped looking at the threads. Only really look at the news forum now and camp forum

So you are saying this is all Fleek's fault.
scoozna
8/19/11 5:35:41PM
I joined specifically for the fantasy part. I also felt the site traffic was low enough that I didn't have to respond to threads within 30 seconds before 10 people said the same thing I was thinking.

Like Shawn### said, I got a 6 month ban for God knows what a while ago and swore i'd never return. But alas, the lure is too great.

I have to go with the flow, so to speak, as far as forum posting is concerned. Weeks can go by where I'm simply too busy. Other weeks, there's nothing on my plate and I jump in on every Chael Sonnen smack-talk thread I can!

I think PMoney said that some people hold off on posting fight opinions and save it for their fight camps...I tend to do this...I wouldn't want to give away PMoney's expert analysis to the competition!
kopower
8/19/11 5:48:46PM
I found out about this site from another one I joined. I don't even remember the site, but somebody had posted something about the playground having fantasy mma, and that's a wrap. I didn't post much in the beginning, just played the fantasy game. I am hooked now. I just like the layout of the whole site, and variety of topics. The trolling is kept to a minimum, which is also nice. I really don't know what I would do if the site shut down.
kopower
8/19/11 6:17:42PM
I also want to add, why aren't there more premium members? I couldn't imagine going back to a regular membership with all the adds. Seriously, $20 bucks a year is so worth it. I don't even care about the higher prize money. I'm not a good enough player to cash in on that. I figure with the amount of time I'm on the site per year, the least I can do is pitch in.

I know cash is tight nowadays, and we have a lot of varying situations in our lives, but $20 a year to something I love is a no brainer.
grappler0000
8/19/11 6:28:23PM

Posted by kopower

I know cash is tight nowadays, and we have a lot of varying situations in our lives, but $20 a year to something I love is a no brainer.

There are few things in this world that have the same satisfaction/price ratio IMO.

Premium member for a year

$20 hooker

$20 liquor but it won't last a year

See what I mean?
Shawn91111
8/19/11 6:37:37PM

Posted by kopower

I also want to add, why aren't there more premium members? I couldn't imagine going back to a regular membership with all the adds. Seriously, $20 bucks a year is so worth it. I don't even care about the higher prize money. I'm not a good enough player to cash in on that. I figure with the amount of time I'm on the site per year, the least I can do is pitch in.

It doesnt really offer much and didnt really like how the prizes were cut down as well. Other things factored in not renewing
Shawn91111
8/19/11 6:39:30PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by Shawn91111

So you are saying this is all Fleek's fault.

An ex mod prior
Poor_Franklin
8/19/11 7:04:19PM

Posted by kopower

my friend that showed me the site said he was banned as premium member & was never given a chance to explain that he & his friend who lived in separate apartments in the same complex but had the same ip (or whatever mods look for for multiple accounts) so he told me never to join. just make picks.

he does his on another site now, but their forums are dumber, so I came here
Pookie
8/19/11 7:05:05PM
read the whole thread. No need.
Pookie
8/19/11 7:07:43PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Yeah, that guy was ragin'
Poor_Franklin
8/19/11 7:24:16PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Shawn91111

I don't even know who most of the mods are I don't think. Fleek is only one I'm aware of. Maybe TelNights? after those 2 I dont have the slightest idea.
BlueSkiesBurn
8/19/11 7:28:18PM
Telnights, Emfleek, cowcatcher, zephead, hippysmacker, ncordless, Jackelope, and mmaplayground.

Sad I can do that from the top of my head.
Pookie
8/19/11 7:36:26PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Telnights, Emfleek, cowcatcher, zephead, hippysmacker, ncordless, Jackelope, and mmaplayground.

Sad I can do that from the top of my head.

Well, there have been others in the past. And im not sure all of those people are still Mods.
BlueSkiesBurn
8/19/11 7:39:15PM
You're right, Jackelope isn't anymore. The others are.
telnights
8/19/11 8:58:56PM
I was already betting on MMA and thought it would be nice to bet fake money for a while. I tried a bunch of MMA fantasy sites but this one was the best by far for many reasons. I joined after clicking on a advertisement on MMA news site.
scoozna
8/19/11 11:15:17PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Shawn91111

haha...i see what you did there.

Since he's gone I will probably go Premium again....these ads are killing me.
Poor_Franklin
8/19/11 11:47:36PM

Posted by scoozna

haha...i see what you did there.

Since he's gone I will probably go Premium again....these ads are killing me.

i'll eventually cave. maybe get a membership for myself for christmas or something
Aether
8/20/11 1:21:33AM

Posted by kopower

Because there is exactly 1 way to purchase a membership on this site and it is by having a paypal account.

I would've had premium a loooooooong time ago if there were any kind of way to pay other than paypal and I'm guessing I'm not the only person who doesn't have premium for this reason.

I'm just not ever going to trust paypal with my money, I've heard far too many horror stories about the way that they operate. If the site ever gets some kind of simple credit card system, moneybookers, or any of the dozen other paypal substitutes there's a good chance I would get premium, but as long as paypal is the only way it's not happening from me.

As for why I signed up, someone just told me about the site in a forum a month or two after it was made, and so I signed up. I stayed because it seemed obvious that the level of knowledge on this board is a lot higher all around than it is in places like Sherdog where you have to sift through 20 pages of people trolling each other to hit a valid opinion. I also like the site's news section because it's a combination of the news from every relevant MMA news site, so I don't need to go through 10 different pages to get all of the news, I just come here.
Pages: 1 [2] 3