Why did you sign up on playground.com?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Why did you sign up on playground.com?
Next Page »
KungFuMaster
8/19/11 1:18:07AM
As I log on day in and day out, I see only a handful of regular posters putting up posts. But as I check to see who is online, the numbers are usually very high.

That's right. I am talking to you, Onlookers. Why not participate in the discussions? Here at playground, no one in their right mind will bash you for your opinions. If someone bashes you, before going to the mods, you come to me and I will set them straight - I promise.

This site and every other mma sites are only as good as their members. We, the members, make the site what it is.... Without us, the site is nothing. If you have an account with playground, I encourage you to post and have fun. Most members here are very respectful. There is no need to be shy.

As we draw near UFC's Silva vs Okami II which is history in the making, I encourage you to post and give your thoughts about the fight, the event and so forth.

No one is going to bash you for being new to the sport. So please put up some posts and help make this site a better place.
Chael_Sonnen
8/19/11 1:20:57AM
The professionalism of the forum & the stats

War OKAMI
Twenty20Dollars
8/19/11 1:21:40AM
Maybe they just want to play the fantasy part and don't want to post or have time.
KungFuMaster
8/19/11 1:25:19AM
I do not believe they do not have the time. It does not take much time to put up one or two posts a day. How can you not discuss the sport you love? I would go insane if I cannot discuss mma with anyone.
KungFuMaster
8/19/11 1:27:46AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

The professionalism of the forum & the stats

War OKAMI

I don't really know what you are implying...but it sounds like a compliment.
Twenty20Dollars
8/19/11 1:43:07AM
Maybe they just don't want too. Maybe they discuss the fights with themselves.

I mean I've done that.
KungFuMaster
8/19/11 1:53:37AM
I guess this campaign won't change anything then...

I tried...
Twenty20Dollars
8/19/11 2:12:04AM
Who know's if they even look at the forums.

Who knows, maybe an unregular poster will post something from reading this.

Pookie
8/19/11 2:19:12AM
I signed up for the girls and the nookie.

But also because this was the only thing that popped up in google for Fantasy MMA back in 07
Drudinh
8/19/11 3:24:29AM
I started for fun and the thought of fantasy mma was amazing imo. I stayed to be a part of #1. As far as being a regular poster I use to have time for that. Now being a father of a toddler with another kid on the way I definitely only have time to check a few topics and stay on top of any side game that I'm currently playing. I don't even have time to contribute much to my camp like I use to be adamant about. For me time is rare and it is usually only events that other are logged and posting while I do. I try to be more of a regular but I understand people can be just as busy as I am. Let that be a lesson kids... If you get married and have kids expect to give up your playground time.
BlueSkiesBurn
8/19/11 4:10:30AM
I actually joined specifically for the forums. At the time, I couldn't have cared less about the fantasy aspect. Once I started playing the fantasy portion more and discussing the fights in the camp thread, my knowledge shot through the roof.

Since I'm now a sportswriter and host an MMA show on internet radio, I find that the camp discussions and fantasy aspect have actually made me a much more informed and knowledgeable writer and host.

I haven't had time to discuss the last two events with my camp because of a vacation, work, and my birthday, but I always stay on top of how our camp members feel about a fight and try to pick accordingly.

Honestly, at this point, my writing for work goes hand in hand with the fantasy portion and forums on this website. I never hijack anyone's stuff and pass it off as my own, but it definitely informs my opinions and I've actually had a couple posters change my mind about how I see a fight.
Poor_Franklin
8/19/11 5:43:43AM
THE BANANA

gartface
8/19/11 9:52:25AM
One of my best friends was like "Hey, check this out." I played the fantasy and checked the headlines for a while before realizing there was a forum. Then it was a match made in heaven.

Oh and the main reason...it isn't Sherdog.
bojangalz
8/19/11 10:28:18AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

I do not believe they do not have the time. It does not take much time to put up one or two posts a day.

Gonna hafta $hit all over your parade here. I used to post all the damn time but my time is at a premium these day. Most of the time the site is already loaded on my phone and just running in the back round. I'm guessing there's seldom a moment in the day that it doesn't show my status as "online". But posting from the phone is a pain in the ass. I'm certain there are plenty of loyal members who are in the same boat as I.
kopower
8/19/11 10:50:05AM

Posted by bojangalz

Posted by KungFuMaster

I do not believe they do not have the time. It does not take much time to put up one or two posts a day.

Gonna hafta $hit all over your parade here. I used to post all the damn time but my time is at a premium these day. Most of the time the site is already loaded on my phone and just running in the back round. I'm guessing there's seldom a moment in the day that it doesn't show my status as "online". But posting from the phone is a pain in the ass. I'm certain there are plenty of loyal members who are in the same boat as I.

Exactly. I have this site pretty much up on my phone or computer when I get home all the time. Granted, I still make a post here and there every other day or so.
emfleek
8/19/11 10:57:17AM
I didn't sign up. I'm a figment of your imagination.
KungFuMaster
8/19/11 12:17:27PM
I signed up strictly for the forum. I have been to boards which are too relaxed and boards which are too strict. They day I signed up for Playground, I had also signed up for 3 other sites to test them out.

I was looking for balance when I started my playground account and so far playground is the closest thing to what I am looking for....However, this board could be much better if more members would post more.

I understand there are many phone users but I bet there is a good number of folks who are choosing not to post versus not being able to post.

Anyway, say goodbye to Fleek, playground members. My episodes of schizophrenia are becoming more and more rare these days as I am on the verge of being cured - that is of course if you even know who Fleek is. I'm sure I have mentioned him once or twice. Jykell and Fleek used to always appeared together but when the doctors increased my dosage, Jykell disappeared all of a sudden. It's not fun having Fleek around without Jykell. They were so good together like Batman and Robin.
tn_rebel
8/19/11 1:22:22PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Here at playground, no one in their right mind will bash you for your opinions. If someone bashes you, before going to the mods, you come to me and I will set them straight - I promise.

No one is going to bash you for being new to the sport. So please put up some posts and help make this site a better place.

Until you disagree with someone and they automatically assume you are new to the sport for having a different opinion.
emfleek
8/19/11 1:26:02PM

Posted by tn_rebel

Posted by KungFuMaster

Here at playground, no one in their right mind will bash you for your opinions. If someone bashes you, before going to the mods, you come to me and I will set them straight - I promise.

Until you disagree with someone and they automatically assume you are new to the sport for having a different opinion.

Or when you post gems like this...

Your right, Rogers dominated that fight right up until the one punch KO. But I give Fedor the credit in that one for taking a beating and not giving up when he was mounted.
tn_rebel
8/19/11 2:32:29PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by tn_rebel

Posted by KungFuMaster

Or when you post gems like this...

Your right, Rogers dominated that fight right up until the one punch KO. But I give Fedor the credit in that one for taking a beating and not giving up when he was mounted.

Thank you for goin out of your way to prove my point.
emfleek
8/19/11 2:37:59PM

Posted by emfleek

I never went out of my way. That one is pretty hard to forget.

You can't expect to post assinine things here on a regular basis without being called on it, regardless of whether or not you're new to the sport. No one gets a pass for posting false information.
tn_rebel
8/19/11 2:41:38PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by emfleek

You can't expect to post assinine things here on a regular basis without being called on it, regardless of whether or not you're new to the sport. No one gets a pass for posting false information.

Do you disagree with that? Didn't Rogers have him mounted about to end the fight and Fedor was tough enough to take it, get to his feet, and land a big right hand to end it? Maybe i'm remembering it wrong.
emfleek
8/19/11 2:44:56PM

Posted by tn_rebel

Posted by emfleek

Posted by emfleek

Do you disagree with that?

Disagree with what?
Poor_Franklin
8/19/11 2:52:43PM

Posted by tn_rebel

Posted by KungFuMaster

here we go again....

go ahead & post a nude pic of your grandma or something so you can save them the trouble of banning you later.

keyboard warriors are all alike. they never let **** go. they always want to battle mods. & guess who wins????
emfleek
8/19/11 2:58:27PM

Posted by tn_rebel

Disagree with what? Didn't Rogers have him mounted about to end the fight and Fedor was tough enough to take it, get to his feet, and land a big right hand to end it? Maybe i'm remembering it wrong.

You're definitely remembering it wrong. Rogers landed like 3 punches (EDIT: Just watched it again...he did land more than 3) from the top while Fedor was looking for a limb to grab on to. Actually, I'm not even sure they all landed. All of that happened during a period of about 30 seconds or so. Even if Rogers *had* ended the fight right then and there, in no way, shape or form was he dominating the fight.
pmoney
8/19/11 3:03:06PM
For me the question is, why didn't I sign up a long time ago!?! My buddy, Casale4rmPDCA showed me this site back in, I think, 2008. I was intrigued by the fantasy portion of it. I mostly would just come here for the news and the schedule of upcoming MMA events. Then, last year I decided to make an account. I don't know why I felt inspired years after I had seen the site...

I had never posted on any internet forums prior to joining this website. Then, after my first couple events, I was bored at work, and was going through the comments on the news. My second epiphany hit me and I said "Hey, I can discuss MMA with like minded individuals when the fellas aren't around!". I never looked back.

I applaud you on your effort, and for a great thread, KungFuMaster. I have always wondered why thousands of people play the game and only dozens post. However, now I am so busy in my own life, I am there with bojanglz and kopower. Logged in on the phone, but rarely do I have the time to post a response. I try and make time if someone addresses me directly, or if it's something I feel strongly about.

This is still one of the best on-line communities in existence though. I'll take the smaller amount of quality posters over the deluge of jerks on every other forum.

FastKnockout
8/19/11 3:06:30PM
I remember back when I first joined The Playground I found my way to a camp called Country KO, and I almost never seen any of those guys post on the main forums, only the camp forums. I've always wondered why some individuals never participated in the forum discussions. We have a handful of fun fans who visit daily.
tn_rebel
8/19/11 3:14:14PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by tn_rebel

Disagree with what? Didn't Rogers have him mounted about to end the fight and Fedor was tough enough to take it, get to his feet, and land a big right hand to end it? Maybe i'm remembering it wrong.

You're definitely remembering it wrong. Rogers landed like 3 punches (EDIT: Just watched it again...he did land more than 3) from the top while Fedor was looking for a limb to grab on to. Actually, I'm not even sure they all landed. All of that happened during a period of about 30 seconds or so. Even if Rogers *had* ended the fight right then and there, in no way, shape or form was he dominating the fight.

I just rewatched that fight and your right. I was remembering it wrong. Rogers never did have him mounted, but he did land 4 or 5 bombs from Fedors guard, until Fedor went for a sub and got back up. But you were right Fedor was winning the majority of that fight.
pmoney
8/19/11 3:19:13PM

Posted by FastKnockout

I remember back when I first joined The Playground I found my way to a camp called Country KO, and I almost never seen any of those guys post on the main forums, only the camp forums. I've always wondered why some individuals never participated in the forum discussions. We have a handful of fun fans who visit daily.

I wondered about the same thing for a while. I can only speculate, but I think a part of why people only post in camp forums could be people not wanting to give away their picks. I know in the past when we got news of a new match that had been made, I may have gone and voiced my opinion in the forums. Not so much anymore.... If it's a fight everyone knows the outcome of before it happens (say, a Lawler-Lindland type deal), I'll go and shout 1st round KO from the rooftops.

But be that as it may, I spend most of my time pondering the hypothetical matches in the forums, playing the side games, and generally posting on anything other than who I am picking for the next event.
emfleek
8/19/11 3:20:51PM

Posted by tn_rebel

I just rewatched that fight and your right. I was remembering it wrong. Rogers never did have him mounted, but he did land 4 or 5 bombs from Fedors guard, until Fedor went for a sub and got back up. But you were right Fedor was winning the majority of that fight.

Pages: [1] 2 3