Sick UFC..

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Sick UFC..
Kastro
7/6/08 4:48:17AM
I have to say this UFC was pretty sick.. a lot of main events are hyped up to be so good but never live up to the expectations.. this main event was amazing.. one of the best fights i've seen in a while and definitely candidate for fight of the year in my opinion...

The other fights beside the main event were pretty good too, none of them were too too good but they were all exciting nonetheless and we didnt really have any boring lackluster fights..

I also watched the UFC in a nice establishment packed with MMA fans it was great.. the best event I have seen in a while! (kinda drunk..)

* edit note * - I also bet a wack of cash on Forrest as those odds were too good to refuse.. especially after the destruction of Shogun..
Scott_Revels
7/6/08 5:20:17AM
I personally could've lived without Cote/Almeida. Rampage/Griffin was a delight to see. Lytle knows how to make fights exciting, even if losing. UFC shouldn't send him away, even if he loses nineteen in a row, because this guy will bring the fight all nineteen times.

Stevenson/Tibau was the second least entertaining main card fight for me. Hopefully Stevenson doesn't get anywhere near that title again, until he gets better. Both guys should drop for this fight. Good fight, just for fighting sake, but performance wise, based on just the guys.. Then I have to say, drop both down on the "rungs", and push other guys higher..

Griffin/Aurelio was as I expected. Griffin dominates, but can't put the opponent away. Aurelio didn't live up to the standard set by Guida, Tavares, and even Tibau. I say give Griffin to Sherk. The winner gets the Lightweight Title Shot after the Florian/Huerta winner.

In the end, the only guy who made an impact on my rankings was Forrest. He jumped up the one spot from 2nd to 1st. Otherwise, all the other guys who I had on top ten who fought, only fought guys who were below them (not top ten), and therefore didn't do anything to move themselves up. Here's to 87, when we get real rankings shakers.

Until then we get Silva, Vera, Velasquez, O'Brien, Franca, Edgar, and the new guys to wet our appetite, and maybe make a move for top ten.
goatses
7/6/08 5:21:44AM

Posted by Scott_Revels

I personally could've lived without Cote/Almeida. Rampage/Griffin was a delight to see. Lytle knows how to make fights exciting, even if losing. UFC shouldn't send him away, even if he loses nineteen in a row, because this guy will bring the fight all nineteen times.

Stevenson/Tibau was the second least entertaining main card fight for me. Hopefully Stevenson doesn't get anywhere near that title again, until he gets better. Both guys should drop for this fight. Good fight, just for fighting sake, but performance wise, based on just the guys.. Then I have to say, drop both down on the "rungs", and push other guys higher..

Griffin/Aurelio was as I expected. Griffin dominates, but can't put the opponent away. Aurelio didn't live up to the standard set by Guida, Tavares, and even Tibau. I say give Griffin to Sherk. The winner gets the Lightweight Title Shot after the Florian/Huerta winner.

In the end, the only guy who made an impact on my rankings was Forrest. He jumped up the one spot from 2nd to 1st. Otherwise, all the other guys who I had on top ten who fought, only fought guys who were below them (not top ten), and therefore didn't do anything to move themselves up. Here's to 87, when we get real rankings shakers.

Until then we get Silva, Vera, Velasquez, O'Brien, Franca, Edgar, and the new guys to wet our appetite, and maybe make a move for top ten.

AND WHAT THE FUK DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ANYTHING LOSER
Scott_Revels
7/6/08 5:34:01AM
More than you it seems, mr. "ultimate fighting." You see, I can actually survive more than a day on this forum..
wolfman
7/6/08 12:45:20PM
UFC 86 was boring and the main event was good, but it was no fight of the year candidate imo. UFC 86 was a 4 out of 10.

You were drunk though, so I am sure that was a factor and the fact you won real money helped out as well. I watched this event sober and should have watched it drunk and then maybe I could have enjoyed it more...Seriously, good fights on paper but they turned out to be pretty poor.
bullettdodger
7/6/08 1:10:28PM

Posted by goatses

Posted by Scott_Revels

AND WHAT THE FUK DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ANYTHING LOSER

Really?.... I mean.... really? Where did that come from? (im sure i'll get some snide remark like out of my mothers so and so)
Franklinfan47
7/6/08 2:08:17PM
I enjoyed it. Cote-Almeida was the only one which disspointed me. Who knew Forrest had it in him!