showgun and Fedor ufc signing ..... ??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » showgun and Fedor ufc signing ..... ??
keith-hackney1
7/3/07 11:34:36AM
Theres alot of talk on fedors signing in the ufc, heres proof from dana white that a deal is in place, so he is coming to the ufc !!!!!!

Dana White: Fedor Emilianenko and Shogun signing to get title shots
Congrat. good news!! and bad news for all UFC Fighters!!!

Fedor Emelianenko and Shogun signing
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...eign.invasion/

With a win in his Octagon debut at UFC 76 in September, Mauricio “Shogun” Rua will earn the opportunity to challenge for the light heavyweight championship, according to recent statements from UFC President Dana White on SportsIllustrated.com.

Here’s the snip:

“White says that if Shogun wins in September, he will get the next title shot at the UFC Light Heavyweight Title. That could lead to a rematch with [Quinton “Rampage”] Jackson, who Shogun obliterated in Japan.”

Obliterated might be an understatement — the beating that Shogun dished out in 2005 en route to the middleweight grand prix title was downright criminal.

Of course, Rampage is now the current 205-pound champion after he defeated Chuck Liddell at UFC 71 in May. He is set to make his first title defense against PRIDE FC middleweight and welterweight champion Dan Henderson at UFC 75 in London, England, on September 8.

In the same article, White mentions that he is “very interested” in PRIDE FC Heavyweight Champion Fedor Emelianenko and is “working on getting a deal done.”

Part of that deal, it appears, may be an instant title shot against either current champion Randy Couture or Gabriel Gonzaga — the two are set to clash at UFC 74 in August.

Here’s another snip:

“Part of the difficulty for him is Fedor’s management team. White says that he has ‘no idea what these crazy Russians are going to do.’ White will give Fedor an immediate title shot if and when he is brought in.”
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
gotvape420
7/3/07 11:39:48AM
finally, i cant wait to see shogun in the ufc.

will his lack of ability to use the true vale tudo style (footstomps/soccer kicks) affect his game? hell no, he is an athlete, and those chute boxe guys are the best IMHO.

dana needs to put up the cash/title shots required to get these guys in the UFC. with the 205 lb class shaping up with rampage and hendo, one more pride fighter would really round it out nicely. the same goes for the HW division. can you imagine fedor/couture?

Twenty20Dollars
7/3/07 12:04:46PM
but who do you think they are going to put shogun up againest?
CTU81
7/3/07 12:11:17PM
If they feed Shogun a can I'll be pissed. He's way to good to fight some nobody and immediately get a title shot.

I was hopin they would give him Babalu, who is recognizable to UFC fans and also has beaten Shogun. I think Shogun could easily take that fight and it would make him more marketable to casual UFC fans because he would've beaten someone that they know. Too bad Babalu is fighting David Heath instead.
Rua22
7/3/07 2:36:31PM
I agree, the UFC isn't ready for Rua or Fedor.
nubby
7/3/07 2:59:02PM
I say they push Shoguns fight back to december and let him fight Tito. If Tito loses then it's his time to exit the UFC anyway because I think his style more than anyone elses is what it will take to beat Rua. And it works out for Dana because if Tito beats Shogun then he knows that Tito still has the spark but then he doesn't have to give Shogun a shot at the title right away and can let him decimate the rest of the LHW division.
Ultimate_fighter
7/3/07 5:15:54PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

but who do you think they are going to put shogun up againest?

I hope winner from chuck and wandy or sometin like that... maybe Ortiz or something.. Ortiz and Rampage are sopposed to fight right away to...
hippysmacker
7/3/07 8:38:38PM
Shogun signed in late May. Nothing new on the Fedor contract . Same thing Dana said a month ago about it. The new thing is confirmation that Fedor will have a title vs title match first, if he signs. I would have been shocked any other way.
warglory
7/3/07 9:07:57PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Shogun signed in late May. Nothing new on the Fedor contract . Same thing Dana said a month ago about it. The new thing is confirmation that Fedor will have a title vs title match first, if he signs. I would have been shocked any other way.

Well if the Rampage vs Hendo match becoming non title, something tells me it wont be title vs title, but who knows. If Fedor leaves PRIDE for UFC, I dont know how they will keep it afloat.
LR
7/5/07 10:46:29AM
If you look at the history of Fedor's contracts, they are pretty crazy terms for a U.S. based outfit like the UFC.

Past terms he's had included a 3-5 month layoff for the Sambo Championships, Dana probably would hate to have his most touted fighter not making them money in the states. He had a number of fights that he stated had to be fought in Russia or near Russia. Since the UFC is heading to Europe, I'm thinking this is where he will fight the most. He has stated he wanted some Red Devil camp teammates in the UFC as well with contracts. Dana probably doesn't want extra luggage, especially if they prove to not be great fighters. He's had the same terms to for many of the fights he's taken.
Eazee_E
7/6/07 1:19:50AM
I will believe Fedor's in the UFC when a contract is actually signed.

Shogun however, I think will end up fighting Lyoto Machida.

Lets go through the LHW's

Rampage/Hendo at 75...no
Wandy teammate.....no
Chuck.....don't think Dana wants this now
Tito/Rashad winner i think gets a title shot, but maybe
Forrest....Dana wouldn't do this
Houston Alexander...fighting at 75
Babalu....fighting at 74
Bisping...fighting at 75
Jardine.....ummm maybe??
J. Lambert....maybe?

Machida is undefeated but has a style that is pretty boring for most fans. He doesn't seem to get much of a push either. So throw him to Shogun, get a blemish on his record so he isn't in the title picture. Then you get to "introduce" Shogun to the UFC fans with a fight against someone who's undefeated.

But I wouldn't rule out the Tito/Shad winner.
thepunisher
7/6/07 9:23:27AM
I wish Bonnar wasn't fighting at this PPV and they put Shogun against him

that would be super sweet
GDK
7/6/07 6:35:22PM
These Pride fighters like Fedor and Shogun are at a bit of a disadvantage, if you could call it that.

These American rules.
With no kicks or knees to the head on the ground.

It won't effect Fedor that much.
But were will Shogun be without his oh so devestating stomps and Soccer Kicks.
Only half a killing machine.
He could still beat any man alive at his weight, but.

But what i'm saying is the rules should be expanded.
Get onto the comission for rule making, and shoot the man in change.

Bring in pride rules
So Fedor and Shogun can really shine
More than they are about to

Thanks
ufcfanatic
7/6/07 7:27:12PM
i dont like how a bunch of pride fighters are coming in and getting title shots quickly. i mean there will be some good fights but for other people in the division its kinda like pushing them to the side.i say shogun takes either babalu or i havent seen jason lambert fight in a while it would be good to see him.as long as they dont give him a nobody im good
Northrend
7/6/07 7:36:05PM

Posted by GDK

These Pride fighters like Fedor and Shogun are at a bit of a disadvantage, if you could call it that.

These American rules.
With no kicks or knees to the head on the ground.

It won't effect Fedor that much.
But were will Shogun be without his oh so devestating stomps and Soccer Kicks.
Only half a killing machine.
He could still beat any man alive at his weight, but.

But what i'm saying is the rules should be expanded.
Get onto the comission for rule making, and shoot the man in change.

Bring in pride rules
So Fedor and Shogun can really shine
More than they are about to

Thanks

I agree because I LOVE pride rules but alota people don't like them for some reason..they like lame elbows that cut people and finish fights prematurely. Alota people would agree with kness on the ground though.
Eazee_E
7/6/07 7:46:20PM

Posted by ufcfanatic

i dont like how a bunch of pride fighters are coming in and getting title shots quickly. i mean there will be some good fights but for other people in the division its kinda like pushing them to the side.i say shogun takes either babalu or i havent seen jason lambert fight in a while it would be good to see him.as long as they dont give him a nobody im good

I don't know about that. Dana used this theory with Mirko. He gave him Sanchez who was a walkover, and he probably thought Gonzaga would be too. However, Gonzaga knocks him out and gets the title shot. It should be good, but imagine how huge a Cro-Cop/Couture main event would be.

Dana and most of us are aware of how good the Pride guys are so I say let them go.
nubby
7/6/07 7:48:15PM
The whole elbow cutting thing is really not that big of a deal, I can't remember the last time a fight got stopped because of one.
masodd
7/6/07 10:14:42PM
when fedor comes in randy will be done but randy will put up a good fight against fedor.........shogun will come in and get beat for the title if he faces hendo or rampage it doesnt matter,shogun wont come in and dominate right away
Northrend
7/6/07 10:15:46PM

Posted by nubby

The whole elbow cutting thing is really not that big of a deal, I can't remember the last time a fight got stopped because of one.

that Sherk fight easily coulda got stopped just from 1 elbow
Yves vs Steveson come to memory as semi-recent ones