If you were given a shot to fight in the UFC...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » If you were given a shot to fight in the UFC...
« Previous Page
TOMMYAYO05
7/18/07 4:25:59PM

1. You have three months to get ready, and can train full-time.

Well i would fight at the 185 and im 6,3 200 pounds so that would be easy to make if i had three months.i would either train with punishment so i can have the best cardio or with the chute boxe team so i can strike decent.I would probably pick someone like mike swick who is very skinny and weak, bench 335 and squat a whole lot so i would throw him around like nothin i am a good wreslter and have decent hands.so i would definetley take the fight and if i dint get submitted i think i would have a very good chance.
shinobi
7/18/07 4:54:47PM
my bad dude, thought you were disrespecting him, and yeah i agree, I'd rather lose to BJ than Joslin in terms of skill set.

BTW i also train mma and have been for 2 1/2 years.
masodd
7/19/07 10:22:07PM
I would train with different gyms: Team Punishment (for cardio)
Extreme Couture (wrestling)
Legends (boxing)
BJ Penn (BJJ)
I would go to welterweight and fight Matt Hughes but i wouldnt lose i would demolish matt on the feet and the ground .......... win by tko (GNP) in the 2nd round
ko-kbo130
7/19/07 11:31:17PM

Posted by masodd

I would train with different gyms: Team Punishment (for cardio)
Extreme Couture (wrestling)
Legends (boxing)
BJ Penn (BJJ)
I would go to welterweight and fight Matt Hughes but i wouldnt lose i would demolish matt on the feet and the ground .......... win by tko (GNP) in the 2nd round

and as your hand is raised u wake up?
AmericanFighterAce
7/20/07 1:23:36PM

Posted by szucconi

Posted by AmericanFighterAce

I do not know why you all are sitting there calling out the "big dogs" and the fighters you all have named, you all would lose and never get a call to the UFC ever again.

I am not an MMA fighter. I am fully aware that I would get hammered if I fought a guy in the UFC. Not just beat, but embarrassed. Dominated on every level. A UFC fighter wouldn't have time to dominate me because I would be KOed so quickly. I would be on every highlight reel and an example of what not to do. I have no misconceptions about my lack of ability/training. This question is a pure hypothetical and even in my dream scenario (my first post in this thread), I get KOed in the first round. Maybe if I made it more unrealistic you would have got it. Let me give it a shot.

I would fight a paraplegic Gabe Ruediger for the UFC LW title. Gabe was crowned the interim champ when there was an explosion at a MMA convention and everyone ever involved with MMA was killed. Ruediger survived the blast by being overweight and eating cake, but lost all four limbs in the process. Now that Gabe is missing his arms and legs, he can make weight. Who ever wins the match would be crowned the undisputed champ. I would win because he doesn't have arms or legs and I have arms and legs. That would be my advantage, having arms and legs. I would use my legs to walk over to him and then use my arms and throw punches at his face. Then he would cry and I would choke him out. Then for good measure, I would sleep with his girlfriend.

Oh no you all took it completely wrong, I am just saying if you get one shot, at the UFC, you take the small bait first, I mean I would love to step into the octagon and attempt to beat the living crap out of the annoying BJ Penn, but I was just saying, take on the weak links. To tell every single one of you all the truth, I would take anyone on this thread over the likes of a Marlon Sims, Noah Thomas and Wayne Weems.

So yes, if you all HONESTLY got a UFC fight, and your opponent was one of those 3 fighters, I believe I would bet on you to win.. actually all of my amount, no matter how fat, how skinny, how out of shape, how in shape you are, no matter even if you really are in a wheelchair, I will still bet on you because the odds of you beating those 3 men is great.
thepunisher
7/20/07 1:29:04PM

2. You can choose an existing MMA gym or training partners to train with.

3. You can choose your opponent, but you have to be able to make weight.

4. Tell us how badly you lose, and how it goes down.

I would train with black house, I would fight Corey Hill i can make 155 i am 175-180 right now and there is a gut there. I am 5'11 and have a 751/2 reach I got monkey arms. I think I can beat him
Raiderz757
7/20/07 5:41:00PM
Im 5'10 and 163 pounds so ide have to fight at lightweight. ide have to fight Manny Gamburyan because hes alot shorter than me so it would give me more confidence. but ide prolly just fight whoever dana thinks deserves a title shot next cause ide want to go 4 the title to get my name out there
ncordless
7/20/07 6:40:04PM
Well for starters if I'd drop the 25lbs. to get back to 185. It's were I wrestled and played offensive guard in high school.

I'd want my first match to be against a wrestler, since I've always had a mean sprawl. I want someone else with no BJJ exp. ( I just started BJJ classes last month) I have a huge head, and have never been knocked out cold, and my nose has never been broken. So I'd rather be getting punched than kneelocked(torn ACL in football) or armbarred (broke my arm backwards at the elbow in bike accident).

I am goin with Dan Henderson as my opponent.

I would train with AKA. Learning as much about striking as possible with the 3 months I had.

The fight would start and end with me trying to thow the LHK I learned from Cung Le and tearing my groin. As I fall to the floor clutching my crotch, Hendo rushes in with a Flying knee, knocking me into a coma and forcing me into permanent retirement.

Later I am brought up in a post about the worst fighters ever on mmaplayground.com
Rush
7/20/07 10:55:06PM

Not really a problem since I have been training part time for years.

2. You can choose an existing MMA gym or training partners to train with.

Since my main weakness is striking I would have to choose an experienced striking place. Maybe in Montreal since it's close to home. I am primarily a GnPer (good take downs and good take down defense) so I could also work out in Russia with the Red Devils.

Personally I think 3 months with any camp would be beneficial.

3. You can choose your opponent, but you have to be able to make weight.

I am 6' tall and could easily make LW by cutting. I guess I would prefer someone that had a few fights (but really anybody is cool) so I can get an idea of their style, but that's it. Based on my answers, who would you guys think is the best/worst opponent for me?

4. Tell us how badly you lose, and how it goes down

I figure if I am going to lose it's either going to be by KO in the first minute or unanimous decision.
Rush
7/20/07 10:59:44PM
Accidentally hit quote instead of edit
Ultimate_fighter
7/21/07 3:46:59AM
I would go and train with Rampage...
I would fight against Liddell...

The fight would start off with the horn going off and and me walking up to him with my hands down, he would punch me with all of his power and i would look at him, and wonder why everyone else dropped. Then he would try to jump the cage and i grab him while he is in the process of running away, and give him 4 powerbombs right in a row... he would be dazed and i would be like herring and tell him to get up. As it takes him 30 seconds to get up big john says no more, and i walk up to big john and slip him 30 grand and tell him to keep the fight going and he says, this is all ur giving me, so then i hand him 8 million bucks in cash, he lets the fight go on, and i do a flying armbar/triangle/ foot lock, and break his neck arm and leg. Big john still doesn;t stop it becuz he is counting up all of the money. So i pick iceman up and kick him in the face, he drops then i get full mount and keep smoking him right in the face again and again and again, about 2 minutes of that big johns brilliant math skills come handy and is done counting the money and pulls me off of chuck,, the bruce buffer says, Winner by TKFO/DEATH...

P.S - - - i WOULD NEVER LOSE, AND I WOULD BECOME LHW CHAMP TIL I'M 73 Years old...
Ultimate_fighter
7/21/07 3:51:12AM
For real tho...
I would train with Rampage
Fight whoever is the top fighter in LHW...
loller90278
7/21/07 3:52:37AM
well, to be honest.

i'd train with cesar gracie camp cuz they seem to focus on everything, and plus i really like nick diaz's style.. im the shit talking kind also.

i'm 185 at walking weight, but i think i would stay at that weight for figthing.. maybe get rid of some fat and get some muscle..

i'd challange chris leban, and im pretty sure (not to sound confident) that i can take him.. his game plan is simple.. throw that loopy ass left hand.

i forgot all the other questions cuz im a wee bit drunk but there it is.
Boo_Radley21
7/21/07 3:00:28PM
I'd train with Couture, drop 10 pounds to make LW, fight Sherk and either get knocked out, submitted or ground and pounded in the first round.
Pages: 1 [2]