Short Fuse looking to make a big explosion in Omaha

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Short Fuse looking to make a big explosion in Omaha
Wolfenstein
9/10/08 1:20:31PM
Some guys are fight made, and some guys are made to fight. In the case of Ed Herman, it’s definitely a case of the latter, but as a hot-blooded 21-year-old bar bouncer looking for a more permanent fistic gig, it didn’t hurt that he walked into a gym in the great Northwest that just happened to have some of MMA’s greatest warriors willing to take him in.

link
Bowen50
9/10/08 1:41:38PM
good article but i don;t think Herman is going to beat Belcher. Belcher has good Muay Thai, a style which Herman hasn't really faced much. Belcher is also the same size as Herman so he won't enjoy the reach advantage he's used to having, being that he as fought a lot of smaller middleweights, besides Kendall Grove. Belcher Round 2 KO/TKO
nickcuc547
9/10/08 2:29:41PM

Posted by Bowen50

good article but i don;t think Herman is going to beat Belcher. Belcher has good Muay Thai, a style which Herman hasn't really faced much. Belcher is also the same size as Herman so he won't enjoy the reach advantage he's used to having, being that he as fought a lot of smaller middleweights, besides Kendall Grove. Belcher Round 2 KO/TKO

you make some good points but i still like herman. He is the superior wrestler and he has fared well against guys with a limited submission game. herman is the real deal in every aspect but sub defense, and belcher is no threat to pull a sub on herman. i think short fuse wins by sub in the second round after dominating via ground and pound.
whardin19
9/10/08 3:20:14PM
I think Herman will try to stand with Belcher which is a mistake. Herman has a good ground game and should take Belcher down quick, where he can ground and pound him or submit him. Tough fight for me to call right now. Probably going to go with Herman by decision. I think Hermans takedowns and ground control with a little GnP will get him the win.
Twenty20Dollars
9/10/08 3:53:20PM
Since the fight starts standing, im going to take belcher.
slapshot
9/10/08 9:40:42PM
I just dont see where Belcher is that good of a striker to begin with myself. I think Ed should take him down true but I also think he can stand with him and would do fine in the clinch, Ill take Herman in this one.
Gladiator
9/10/08 11:17:42PM
When are we going to see Herman vs Grove 2?
WrestlersAssassin
9/11/08 12:08:16AM
I still think that Herman did enough to beat Grove in the Finale and would probably pick him to beat Grove if they fought again. In this fight I have to go with Herman based on Belchers' limited ground game, like someone else said Herman is good everywhere except sub defense, Belcher is no threat on the ground submission-wise.

I could see Herman standing with him but eventually getting a takedown and grinding it out or getting a sub or gnp. Belcher disappointed me in his fight with Day, I expected him to show a better thai boxing display than Day would but that wasnt the case, as was in the Starnes fight. Herman could be the most underrated MW the UFC has next to Palharres and Leben.
kaduey
9/11/08 1:39:22PM
Belcher has only impressed me in his KO over Santiago, other than that the guy has been really lackluster. I see Herman's intensity being too much for Belcher and eventually overwhelming him to win by rear naked choke.