Shooto Back To Our Roots 6 Quick Results (Possible Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » Shooto Back To Our Roots 6 Quick Results (Possible Spoilers)
DCRage
11/8/07 1:07:47PM
Just found the results for those interested, no further details or match times available yet...
Takashi Nakakura def. Yusuke Endo by Unanimous Decision, 3 30-26s, to retain the 154 pound Pac-Rim Title.
"Lion" Takeshi Inoue def. Katsuya Toida by Unanimous Decision, 2 30-27s and 1 30-26, to win the vacant 143-pound Pac-Rim Title.
Eiji Mitsuoka def. Joachim Hansen by Majority Decision, 2 29-28s and 1 29-29.
Hiroyuki Takaya def. Antonio Carvalho by TKO in round 3.
Eduardo Dantas def. Shinichi "BJ" Kojima by Unanimous Decision, 2 30-28s and 1 30-27.
Megumi Fujii def. Kyoko Takabayashi by Unanimous Decision, 3 30-27s.
Rambaa "M16" Somdet def. Masaaki Sugawara by TKO in round 2.
Leandro "Batata" Silva def. Masashi Yozen by Unanimous Decision, 3 30-27s.
Shintaro Ishiwatari def. Hayate Usui by Unanimous Decision, 2 20-18s and 1 20-17.
ohiostate1016
11/8/07 1:29:00PM
What...Joachim Hansen lost??
LR
11/8/07 3:14:04PM
Hansen and Carvalho both lost, Hansen fight looked unbelievably close.
Stickan
11/8/07 4:12:23PM
I'm stunned!
Hansen AND Carvalho AND BJ lost?!?!?
Believe-in-judo81
11/8/07 11:23:35PM
Bj is no shocker to me, he's been utter crap since he left AACC, and once you add to that the fact he's going up in weight to fight an opponent that he very likely totally overestimated... it isn't really a surprise. That said, I hope BJ finds another camp that is a good fit and gets back on track.

Hansen got robbed, period. Eiji fought very well, easily taking the first round and getting a good guilotine attempt in the second, but that was it. Hellboy took him to school for, I'd say 9 of the 15 minutes of that fight. Granted Mitsuoka hung tough, and looked great when he was on top, but that was at best a draw.

The Carvalho Takaya tilt was the standup war of the year, bar none, truly great exciting bout. I expected Carvalho to take this, given his performances of late, and his reach advantage and uncanny ability to stay and fight at his range. But it went the other way, and takaya took a gutsy TKO win. All I can say is Good luck Hiroyuki, please take the show to America and take Urijah Faber's belt!

What a great card, I hope all of you guys will support shooto and give it a buy once it's out. And of course, best of luck to all the fighters in their future bouts