My Shooto 5-3-08 Predictions

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » My Shooto 5-3-08 Predictions
hotrodttt
5/2/08 8:10:18PM
Anybody who's a Fan of Shooto will have no problem ordering this Card on Pay-Per-View. It's an Great Card with more Top 10's Top to bottum than UFC Cards. So here are my Predictions, Enjoy !

Rumina Sato vs Akitoshi Tamura

Wow ! Sato vs Tamura. Sato arguably Top 10, Tamura is Top 3. Now, Sato's the Craziest Fighter I have ever seen, Flying Armbars, Spinning Backfists, and Redonkulous Karate Kicks. When he Fights he gets very sloppy though and I think Akitoshi will be able to catch him with a Submission. Akitoshi's Ground work is Great and I think he'll Suprise a lot of people. So I've got Tamura via 2nd Round Submission.

Takashi Nakakura vs Ganjo Tentsuku

Two Great Fighters Battling it out for the Vacant 154 lbs Title. Nakakura is like the Japanese 155 lbs version of Chuck Liddell minus the Power. His counterstriking Style gets him a lot of Victories. And I think it'll get him another Victory via Unanimous Decision.

Hayato Sakurai vs. David Baron

Now we all know who Sakurai, he'll have every advantage in this Fight, Striking, Grappling, but maybe the Takedowns go to Dave. I think Dave will Swing for the Fences as he likes to do and Mach will put him down with an Overhand Right in the 1st Round.

Lion Takeshi vs Savant Young

Savant is moving down to Featherweight to take on the Top 3 Fighter Lion Takeshi. A Win for Lion puts him in the drivers seat to face Kadawaki for the Title where he's a Huge Favorite to Win that Fight. I And I think he'll do it, So I'm taking Lion via Majority Decision because I think it'll be very close with Savant's Wrestling.

Tell me What You Think

juanez13
5/2/08 8:16:08PM
Good Predictions, Only thing i'd change is the sato/Tamura fight. Im taking Sato in this one.
hotrodttt
5/2/08 8:17:46PM

Posted by juanez13

Good Predictions, Only thing i'd change is the sato/Tamura fight. Im taking Sato in this one.

It'd be very hard for Sato to Win but he's Proven me wrong in the past but Tamura is Great
juanez13
5/2/08 8:31:57PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by juanez13

It'd be very hard for Sato to Win but he's Proven me wrong in the past but Tamura is Great

Yea i'll be more surprised to see sato win than i would if tamura wins, but im still hopin for sato to win
juanez13
5/3/08 10:59:05AM
Well there were to Upsets, Savant Young def. "Lion" Takeshi Inoue by Decision and the biggest one was David Baron defeating Hayato "Mach" Sakurai by Round 1 Submission (Guillotine choke).

other than that things went the way you saw them, sato loosing by sib in the third and nakakura winning a decision.