Shogun vs Wandy

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Shogun vs Wandy
POLL: How would take this fight?
Shogun 47% (14)
Wandy 37% (11)
Not sure 17% (5)
shackle
2/13/07 1:28:57PM
I think this would be a great fight, but we may never see it.

I Think Shogun would take this. His striking/clinch looks more technical to me.

It would be a war though.
TheArtOfWar
2/13/07 1:41:53PM
I think Shogun would win by decision but Wanderlei could KO him before ...
So i m not sure...
fedorwins1
2/13/07 1:44:12PM
Not sure it's a toss up for me. They have about equal muay thai, Shogun has a better clinch, Wanderlei has a never quit spirit. I have no clue how their ground game is compared to each other.
TheArtOfWar
2/13/07 2:12:20PM

Posted by fedorwins1

Not sure it's a toss up for me. They have about equal muay thai, Shogun has a better clinch, Wanderlei has a never quit spirit. I have no clue how their ground game is compared to each other.

Personally I think Shogun' s ground game is better than Silva's. His submission over Randleman impressed me .I don t think he can submit Wandy but maybe dominate him on the ground
But stand up , Silva's "never quit spirit" and his wild hooks can KO Shogun
hippysmacker
2/13/07 2:20:00PM
This will never happen to the best of their ability because they are so close IMO. It's gotta be a lot easier to unlesh on someone who's not like a brother to you IMO. I know I couldn't let it all go against mine. That being said, if they had a Chuck/Tito falling out( and I think they are a lot closer than Chuck/Tito ever were) I'll take Shogun.
pv3Hpv3p
2/13/07 2:25:33PM
I think they are very comparable in style and skill... Shogun is obviously the future of the LHW division and Wandy has owned if for years...

IMO, I think Wandy would take it because Shogun is slightly intimidated by him... Wandy has been kicking ass for a long time and probably has been a mentor of Shogun's for a long time..

Maybe intimidation isn't the right word, but I think there would be a inkling of respect shown by Rua and Silva would exploit that.
Jeffanori-Gomi
2/13/07 2:34:54PM
Don't you guys remember they already fought.....

It was a couple years back and the link was posted on sherdog. The backstory was shogun had a purebred Rotwieller dog that Wany wanted. After Wandy kept bugging Shogun about it they finally decided to fight eachother for the dog. Wandy KO'd Shogun nearing the end of the 1st round. The video was a little grainy from what I can remember but ya they fought full out 4 oz gloves for a dog.

I be tif you search Sherdog you can prolly find the link. If so plz post I'd love to see it again. !!!
shackle
2/13/07 3:02:20PM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

It was a couple years back and the link was posted on sherdog. The backstory was shogun had a purebred Rotwieller dog that Wany wanted. After Wandy kept bugging Shogun about it they finally decided to fight eachother for the dog. Wandy KO'd Shogun nearing the end of the 1st round. The video was a little grainy from what I can remember but ya they fought full out 4 oz gloves for a dog.

I be tif you search Sherdog you can prolly find the link. If so plz post I'd love to see it again. !!!

Great-Ajax
2/13/07 6:22:09PM
Dont care who would win but I'd love to see it, it would have happend if wandy showed up against arona in the 05 grand prix
hippysmacker
2/13/07 6:27:25PM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

I've been a MMA fan a long time and that's the first I've heard of it. Are you just pulling our leg? If your serious, let me know.Thanks
Jeffanori-Gomi
2/13/07 6:43:24PM
ya guys Im serious, they fought over a dog. I know it sounds far fetched and when I get the chance i'll raid sherdog forums and try and find the thread
loller90278
2/14/07 1:14:10AM
ill take wandy by ko..
shogun has been lookin sloppy lately (esp. against nakamura)
DirtySouthBoss
2/14/07 5:45:15PM
This is one fight where almost no one has a favorite. Would be awsome though. I hope they meet up in a tourney because thats the only way I could ever see it happening.

I want to see them both fight Chuck
madmarck
2/15/07 8:48:05AM

Posted by hippysmacker

This will never happen to the best of their ability because they are so close IMO. It's gotta be a lot easier to unlesh on someone who's not like a brother to you IMO. I know I couldn't let it all go against mine. That being said, if they had a Chuck/Tito falling out( and I think they are a lot closer than Chuck/Tito ever were) I'll take Shogun.

Yeah unless somethin seriously bad happens between the two of them they will never fight. It doesn't seem like Shogun minds Wand having the title. Strange. If Shogun did get hungry he could always just go to the UFC and do what Wandy wanted to do... "**** Chuck".

I think Wand would take this match though. I think his clinch is badass. Not to mention his forearms are beastly. Shogun would be better on the ground but i think this match goes to a 3 round split descision for either guy 9 times outta 10. The other 1 time Wandy would KO Shogun.
EEKS
2/19/07 3:10:29AM
Wandy takes it by decision, but this would be an absolute war, although it would probably never happen
JimiMak
2/19/07 8:06:17PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

I've been a MMA fan a long time and that's the first I've heard of it. Are you just pulling our leg? If your serious, let me know.Thanks

Ya, I've heard of this too, never saw this vid. Think it was a liver shot KO. But there is a big difference between fighting in the gym and signing to do it for money. I don't think it would ever happen. For the sake of argument though, I think Shogun would take it. I also think that he is the future of the whole division, and that every year that we go w/o this fight the more it would lean toward Shogun.
JunCTion
2/20/07 10:41:19AM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by hippysmacker

Yeah unless somethin seriously bad happens between the two of them they will never fight. It doesn't seem like Shogun minds Wand having the title. Strange. If Shogun did get hungry he could always just go to the UFC and do what Wandy wanted to do... "**** Chuck".

I think Wand would take this match though. I think his clinch is badass. Not to mention his forearms are beastly. Shogun would be better on the ground but i think this match goes to a 3 round split descision for either guy 9 times outta 10. The other 1 time Wandy would KO Shogun.

you know the gracies do exibition fights all the time with eachother to show off their skills. i wonder if theyd be willing to do an exibition fight ( maybe taking out the soccer kicks/knees to downed & elbow strikes) to show off kickboxing/grappling. is this too far fetched