Shogun Support Thread

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Shogun Support Thread
fedorwins1
9/24/07 4:06:16PM
This thread is for support of Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, if you want to flame or say he's overrated go to Sherdog and do it there not here.

Shogun is one of my favorite fighters of all time and just because he lost one fight, doesn't mean that I'm not a fan of his anymore. If you were a supposed Shogun "fan" and now say he's overrated, screw you, you weren't a fan in the first place.

Shogun will be back on track and will be better than ever! Hopefully this lose is what Shogun needed to get him back on track and more focused on his training.The Shogun from the Pride GP will be back! Believe me!

Shogun Never Die!
warglory
9/24/07 4:08:12PM
Unlike CroCop, I completely agree with you about Shogun's future. Shogun for some reason gassed, and didn't stick to his stand up game. I really think that Shogun has all the tools to succeed in the UFC, and will undoubtedly win his next match.
Blizzard
9/24/07 4:10:01PM
Rua will be back and he will be at the top of the LHW div., but props to Griffin, one hell of a win for his books.
Djbb
9/24/07 4:11:44PM
Like I've been saying, Shogun has ALOT of things he has to change as far as his gameplan. Shogun is infamous for taking you down and then stomping on your head. Stomping is illegal in UFC, so there goes Shogun's best weapon.
fedorwins1
9/24/07 4:11:55PM

Posted by Blizzard

Rua will be back and he will be at the top of the LHW div., but props to Griffin, one hell of a win for his books.

Yes, props to Griffin. I'm not taking away from Griffin's win, but the old Shogun will be back!
Djbb
9/24/07 4:14:47PM

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by Blizzard

Yes, props to Griffin. I'm not taking away from Griffin's win, but the old Shogun will be back!

Minus the headstomps
MALICE
9/24/07 4:27:38PM
You guys are cool. At least you guys are smart and have common sense about these subjects. I'm not a huge Shogun fan, but I have seen his fights. He lost. Forrest won. That's it. And you guys remain classy. You don't make excuses for your fighter, or disrespect the other fighter. You just do what you can. Be loyal, and supportive to your fighter without showing any favoritism. PROPS
fedorwins1
9/24/07 4:43:55PM

Posted by Djbb

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by Blizzard

Minus the headstomps

He's very effective without headstomps, look what he did to Overeem and that one elbow was NASTY! He gassed, plain and simple.
jdubs
9/24/07 4:48:07PM
yay forrest
Djbb
9/24/07 4:49:40PM

Posted by fedorwins1

He's very effective without headstomps, look what he did to Overeem and that one elbow was NASTY! He gassed, plain and simple.

Still effective, sure, but we're not gonna be able to cringe and go "OHHH SHIT!" at the TV anymore when he puts some guys head halfway through the mat.
loonytnt
9/24/07 4:51:26PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

You guys are cool. At least you guys are smart and have common sense about these subjects. I'm not a huge Shogun fan, but I have seen his fights. He lost. Forrest won. That's it. And you guys remain classy. You don't make excuses for your fighter, or disrespect the other fighter. You just do what you can. Be loyal, and supportive to your fighter without showing any favoritism. PROPS

i should have posted faster i missed out on some props forrest did great on that fight shogun gased i did like at he throw some elbows in that fight i think he will be fine
fedorwins1
9/24/07 4:59:00PM
Edit: Just saw the result, he's fine, no hematoma!

Thank god
NatedawgThaM
9/24/07 6:51:14PM
Yeah IMO He lost because Lack of aggression(unheard of in Pride!) and losing all that weight must have killed his cardio!!!! PLus he had a complete different game plan then any of us at MMA Playground thought he had!!! PLus when he took him down he wasn't expecting Forrest wrestling to be that good!!!!

SHOGUN IS THE BEST!!!! Beisde sRampage...
Mastodon2
9/24/07 7:01:09PM
He will be back, he won't look sluggish in the first 90 seconds and then completely gassed after that. I have no idea what the hell was up with his conditioning. He went 20 minutes full pace with Little Nogueira, who worked him a lot harder than Griffin did, and he didn't slow down there. Something must have been seriously up, but we won't know until we get a statement from Shogun.
hotrodttt
9/24/07 7:01:29PM
WAR SHOGUN

HE WILL NEVER DIE

Hopefully he comes back from his loss as the Shogun of 2005

EVERY SHOGUN SUPPORETER WILL GET PROPS
hathcock32
9/24/07 7:13:01PM
I think shogun is great...i just dont like the fans that say forrest win was a fluke becuz it wasnt the real shogun.
ocho-cinco
9/24/07 7:14:53PM
The difference between Cro Cop and Shogun is that Shogun is only 25. He will be fine. I'm not sure who Shogun is going to fight next, but I feel sorry for them. All credit to Forrest in this fight though, he wasn't given anything, he took the fight to him. Shogun just needs to be in better shape, much like BJ Penn.
hathcock32
9/24/07 7:15:39PM
could of ...should of....would of.....HE LOST deal with it. get off his nuts
johny_rotten
9/24/07 9:02:58PM
I am not making excuses, but after the fight I realized this: The prior week on the Elite XC show when Ninja was fighting the announcers mentioned that Shogun wasn't able to attend because he was on his honeymoon. I know for a fact he just got married, but did he seriously go on a honeymoon just a couple weeks before he had his debut in the UFC? If so that could explain his gassing.
postman
9/24/07 9:39:37PM
That is that 1 time out of 10 chance I was giving Forrest. All the Credit to him for not being scared and going right at one of the top 3 fighters in the world. Like I said 9 times out of 10 Shogun wins that fight.
Aether
9/25/07 12:49:26AM
Yeah he had a bad performance, I think it's stupid to assume his career is done now. The guy is like 24.
Schizoidman
9/25/07 4:20:57AM
Yeah, Shogun is definately still one of my favorite fighters, but Forrest totally earned himself some credit in my book. His work ethic paid off ten fold. Let's just hope that Shogun can pick it up and put it all back together again.
shogunassassin
9/25/07 4:32:39AM
Shogun also didn't use his knees!?

He didnt look relaxed, he looked like he wanted to knock off Forrests head with every punch, and he gassed. Its that simple.

Shogun will return. and people need to stop comparing pride to ufc.
2 UFC champions are from Pride!
People just need time to adjust, after all, how could pride or ufc be better than each other, they are competitions! The people within both will always vary, some will win, and some will lose - like always.