UFC 93: Shogun Rua Training Video

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 93: Shogun Rua Training Video
crushedbacon
1/8/09 6:45:23PM
Video of Shogun getting ready for UFC 93.....

http://thegarv.com/2009/01/08/ufc-93-shogun-rua-training-video/
EvenFlow
1/8/09 6:54:58PM
He looks better than ever and I cannot wait for his return to the cage, I also like that he isnt taking the Cro Cop approach and does train the cage. How can you not like this guy? I am as confident as he is that he will win. Anyone wanna do an av bet?
Jackelope
1/8/09 7:04:29PM
Good to see that the "Shogut" is gone. Man, Shogun's kicks scare me. It seems as though he could reduce some movement on his 9, but he probably hits so hard with it specifically because of that extra movement. Welcome back, Shogun. Time to show the US what you're all about this time.
cmill21
1/8/09 7:21:33PM
Now that he'sout of Chute Boxe and training at UDL as well as other camps in Brazil and the US I think he'll be much better. He is one of the most well rounded fighters in the game and I'm so happy he'll be back into shape for Coleman. Also, he is one guy that I think can easily dominate under UFC rules, now that he can use elbows he could dismantle people. Thats a big Muay Thai technique that the Pride guys coulden't use.
Mayhem13
1/8/09 7:33:27PM
Shogun is back!!!
Pookie
1/8/09 8:46:19PM
Headkick KO!!!!!

He has mini cro-cop sized thighs and damnit i think hes going to use them
postman
1/8/09 10:02:34PM
Oh I can't wait to see him agian!
Wolfenstein
1/8/09 10:07:23PM
He looks like he's a lot bigger. Must be walking around at 225lbs, at least. Looked a little pudgey in the gut as well while he was hitting the heavy bag.

Shogun looks sharp though. He definetely has something to prove to the US fans that have heard all the Rua hype, but haven't really gotten a chance to see it. Coleman should be the perfect opponent for a big KO, as long as he can keep Coleman from taking him down.

I think this would be a huge mental victory for Rua as well. The guy that broke his arm and started all the talk that, "Rua hasn't been the same since". A win over Coleman I think is going to have a real positive psychological effect. Like yeah, "I'm still the mo' fuggin man". Really, he needs his swagger back.

I don't think he'll be satisfied with a submission either. I think he wants to unload and bloody Coleman up. Can't wait to see it!
Mhunt1140
1/9/09 12:23:25AM
Great to see Shogun is back and better than ever. I can't wait to see him in the cage. He definitely has the ability and potential to go right to the top. Shogun will be the UFC champ.
jahdoug
1/9/09 12:25:56AM
It warms my heart to see that dude workin hard and coming along on proper boxing in addition to his furious muay thai. He's gonna be a beast. i just hate to see it against an OG like coleman who i will regret seeing dismantled standing. The video seems to show otherwise, but theres still the possibility of Shogun's knee failing him, or at least physchologically holding him back. luckily for shogun the same is true 10x for coleman. I still can't choose who i WANT to win....but i think Shogun has something to prove and will do so.

Coleman's conditioning has been a problem his whole illustrious career, nevermind now that he's 62 years old.
RMFG_187
1/9/09 6:38:32PM
ok, Shogun looks a hell of a lot better than ever.

but anyone who thinks this fight is anything other than a joke is crazy. Mark Coleman coming outta retirement to fight at LHW. This is the biggest joke since i heard Silva vs Leites
postman
1/9/09 8:46:18PM

Posted by RMFG_187

ok, Shogun looks a hell of a lot better than ever.

but anyone who thinks this fight is anything other than a joke is crazy. Mark Coleman coming outta retirement to fight at LHW. This is the biggest joke since i heard Silva vs Leites

I don't know coleman has the style to beat him. His Takedown Defense isn't the best and about the only way I can see beating him is to control him from the top and pound him out. I don't think it will happen but its mma anything can happen.