Shogun Rua Tabbed to Welcome Dan Henderson Back at UFC 139

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Shogun Rua Tabbed to Welcome Dan Henderson Back at UFC 139
« Previous Page | Next Page »
pmoney
9/19/11 11:58:13PM

Posted by Pookie
Here how bout this.

I'll av bet any amount of people on this fight. If Shogun wins, i get to pick everybody in the bets avatar for a week.
If Henderson wins and i lose, i'll update my avatar at the end of every week successively until i everybody i bet against gets to pick my avatar for a week.

Would you like to take my bet? , rebel.

Pookie is now synonymous with testicular fortitude. Well played!
Franklinfan47
9/20/11 12:00:26AM
Dam good fight. Cant decide who to pick!
StriderXero
9/20/11 12:28:00AM
My god! The moment this fight has started I suggest you gentlemen look at your watches, time will stand still.
cowcatcher
9/20/11 12:41:26AM
double boing!!!
DrivenDavies15
9/20/11 12:47:55AM
OMG OMG OMG!!!!! What great news after hockey practice! :)))))) This card is gonna rock!, can't wait to see this fight play out gonna be interesting to see how this fight plays out and how Hendo will do in the UFC again. I think ill take Shogun viaa close decision, gonna be a waR!
Shawn91111
9/20/11 1:13:50AM

Posted by Cooler

Hendo's head is made out of pure granite but if you take into account that the two of the best strikers he ever fought almost knocked him out, feijao and anderson, then i think shogun winning by strikes isnt so far fetched especially given his skillset and power and even on a guy like hendo

at the same time hendo has the power to stop anyone as well, but if youre looking at technical striking abilities, footwork, jabs, leg kicks, killer instinct, and jiu jitsu Shogun has a clear edge in a few key areas of this fight, where as hendo has the wrestling, maybe a slight power advantage and not much else

Honestly i also agree that Shogun will be the first to stop hendo, but not a ko, a tko after getting rocked by punches

Hendo has faced better strikers than Feijao in his career, and Hendo has good Jiu Jitsu defense as well
RhythmAndStyle
9/20/11 3:05:36AM
Shogun via flash tko
Jride
9/20/11 3:50:32AM
SHOGUN RUA.... NEW STRIKEFORCE LIGHTHEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION
Poor_Franklin
9/20/11 4:53:38AM
I know it won't, but I really hope Shogun keeps the underdog bonus......i love getting the +2
Dberntson
9/20/11 9:31:46AM
I like them both, but am a Hendo fan first. Hendo's KO of Bisping is one of my favorite knock outs of all time. Shogun is a slight favorite at this time, but Hendo has faced a ton of legends in their prime before, many of them great strikers, and he has won many of those matchups. Some of the best he has fought include Anderson Silva, Vitor Belfort, Rampage, Fedor, Wanderlei Silva, Nogueira, Shields, Franklin, etc. and none of them were able to KO Hendo. Hendo's losses are 5 decisions and 3 submissions. If Shogun is going to win, he will have to win by KO/TKO. Hendo can win either by decision or KO/TKO. I dont see either winning by submission.
Boo_Radley21
9/20/11 9:32:06AM
Nice I really like this fight, but I can't see any outcome other than a Henderson tko
Chieftan1997
9/20/11 10:00:23AM
Awesome!!!! What a great matchup!!! I have to go with Hendo to win by KO or TKO,but it should be a war!!!
40ouncetpkid
9/20/11 12:40:29PM
This is going to be the most wild sick nasty fight ever! Should have been on fox, the whole world would be talking about this fight after it happened. Way to waste it on a PPV with a co main event of Belfort vs Le, just can't see it selling that much PPV.
Theoutlaw08
9/20/11 2:00:29PM
Can't wait for this fight. This is gunna be awesome. I hope Shogun welcomes him back to the UFC in a big way! (oh what the hell, Ive seen a lot of people toss Mr. Nanner on here)
roadking95th
9/20/11 2:08:18PM
I am hoping it becomes more like Pride 33. Hendo rolling in at 13%!

One of my favorite fights of all time. Wanderlei has to be thinking that this isn't good for Shogun.

Hendo by left hook!

airkerma
9/20/11 2:13:01PM

Shogun has this I think. Rd one might be a stretch but I don't see Hendo dropping a bomb on Shogun
Wolfenstein
9/20/11 2:50:34PM
Great fight, and a necessary one I feel to save UFC 139 from being a lackluster card.

Hendo has had some recent success, but I do feel he is still on the decline. I expect Shogun to absolutely obliterate him within the first two minutes.

I still can't get his loss to Jake Shields out of my head, and he had some scary spots against Rafael and Fedor, and neither is on the level of Shogun. Dan has always struggled to defend low kicks, a bad recipe against Rua.

Outside of the Jone's battering, Shogun has looked like the Rua of ol.
TeamDEY
9/20/11 3:57:26PM
I'll take Shogun
Hendo67
9/20/11 4:02:35PM
I'm taking Shogun as well, I'm a huge Hendo fan (obviously) but i think he's going to be out pointed by Shogun for sure... Dan usually comes in with a hunched, right hand loaded stance and i think he will be prone to kicks, and those are Shoguns strong points.

I'm taking Shogun via TKO being the first to stop Hendo via strikes.
KungFuMaster
9/20/11 4:53:42PM

This is awesome. Fall and Winter always seem to be the most exciting time of year for me. As if Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas are not enough. Now we have back to back ufc events... I do not know how much more of this I can take.
Shawn91111
9/20/11 6:35:45PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

This is awesome. Fall and Winter always seem to be the most exciting time of year for me. As if Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas are not enough. Now we have back to back ufc events... I do not know how much more of this I can take.

Still go out Trick or Treating?
Shawn91111
9/20/11 6:42:27PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Great fight, and a necessary one I feel to save UFC 139 from being a lackluster card.

Hendo has had some recent success, but I do feel he is still on the decline. I expect Shogun to absolutely obliterate him within the first two minutes.

I still can't get his loss to Jake Shields out of my head, and he had some scary spots against Rafael and Fedor, and neither is on the level of Shogun. Dan has always struggled to defend low kicks, a bad recipe against Rua.

Feijoa and Fedor both dropped him, but he recovered quickly, and had the presence of mind (and the skill) to use his wrestling to gain top position on both when they came in to throw extra punches.
BigCountryFedor
9/20/11 8:41:32PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Wolfenstein

Feijoa and Fedor both dropped him, but he recovered quickly, and had the presence of mind (and the skill) to use his wrestling to gain top position on both when they came in to throw extra punches.

Fedor also hurt him before he got finished
Shawn91111
9/20/11 9:23:57PM

Posted by BigCountryFedor

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Wolfenstein

Fedor also hurt him before he got finished

I didnt think he was hurt
KungFuMaster
9/20/11 11:17:54PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by KungFuMaster

Still go out Trick or Treating?

Actually I do. I have two little ones.
Pookie
9/20/11 11:33:57PM
It depends on what you mean by hurt. If it's anything close to rocked and the infamous danger zone that demands stoppages, yeah, Hendo was rocked.
Shawn91111
9/21/11 12:04:44AM

Posted by Pookie

It depends on what you mean by hurt. If it's anything close to rocked and the infamous danger zone that demands stoppages, yeah, Hendo was rocked.

What fight and when, was there a danger zone that demanded a stoppage?
Pookie
9/21/11 12:06:14AM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Pookie

Every fight that ever got stopped.
Shawn91111
9/21/11 1:38:50AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Pookie

Every fight that ever got stopped.

Im talking about Henderson's recent fights, not every fight that ever got stopped.
Pookie
9/21/11 1:59:39AM
If you're asking when was Hendo in a spot that could be interpreted as dangerous, and therefore possibly have the ref jump in. It's actually quite often. Wanderlei had him in La La Land, Rampage had a few moments near the end of the fight, Cavalcante had him loopy, Fedor dropped him, and Anderson had him on blind autopilot until he gave up.

It's just that he endures it normally. But yes, Hendo has absolutely been rocked and in danger. Shogun provides a super tough match-up for him, and he's a finisher.
Pages: 1 [2] 3