Shogun vs. Rich Franklin

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Shogun vs. Rich Franklin
ricoj3323
9/8/08 3:40:42AM
I think rich franklin should stay at 205 and be shogun's first opponent, since rampage might fight silva. I think that would be a great fight between shogun and franklin but I would have to go for shogun

What do you think of this matchup
haggiswashere
9/8/08 5:01:08AM

Posted by ricoj3323

I think rich franklin should stay at 205 and be shogun's first opponent, since rampage might fight silva. I think that would be a great fight between shogun and franklin but I would have to go for shogun

What do you think of this matchup

i don't know if that was a typo but shogun already fought and got subbed by griffin but i would love that fight!!!
ufcboss
9/8/08 5:01:38AM
1st off, WAR RICH FRANKLIN

Now, He looked small against Matt and I dont wanna see him get hurt, But I dont think he will last at 205, He should stay at 185, But I guess, You have to follow bosses orders.

Rich V Shogun??? Sounds good to me!
haggiswashere
9/8/08 6:37:07AM

Posted by ufcboss

Now, He looked small against Matt and I dont wanna see him get hurt, But I dont think he will last at 205, He should stay at 185, But I guess, You have to follow bosses orders.

I'm pullin for him though. I hope it is good to him. He is the 1 best american 185 lber and second best in the world imo. i want him to be a dominent champ and i see that happening more likely at 205 then at 185 right now. dana said it best when he said "rich is the best middleweight in the world...he just can't beat anderson silva"
Rush
9/8/08 9:23:36AM
I am constantly unimpressed by Rich's performances. I don't know what it is, but there is something about his striking that makes me believe if he fights a hard striker, he will go down. He lands strikes, but (to me) he appears to take a lot of unecessary hits too. I think he will get T(KO)ed against someone like Shogun, Wanderlei, Henderson, etc.
ToeZup
9/8/08 9:42:03AM
I would love to see Franklin Vs Shogun.
That would be a true test for Franklin. Striker vs striker makes for great fights. UFC vs Pride makes for great fights. I think it would draw nice numbers.
dddny
9/8/08 11:00:55AM
Great thing about Franklin is that he will make an exciting fight against most opponents. Because his skillset is very diversified, he can strike with the strikers, wrestle with the wrestlers, and grapple with the grapplers - but he isn't 'the best' at any of those skills in any division.

But Rich has amazing heart, is an strong, quick, intelligent fighter, and clearly takes great pride in putting on a great fight for the fans. There are so many exciting fights the UFC could put him in. I don't think Rich will ever be a 'dominator' at 205 (although I'd love for him to prove me wrong). However, I'm confident he will put on good shows that the fans will love him for - and I think he'll surprise a few of us with some victories over opponents that we initially think he is a heavy underdog.

(I would love for him to get with some coach who could teach him how to deal with Anderson Silva's Muay Thai clinches. I think its the only obstacle that prevents it from being an otherwise evenly-matched fight.)
nickcuc547
9/8/08 11:08:54AM
rich vs. shogun is a perfect matchup at 205, both undersized, both like to strike. rich will stand in there tough but shogun's muy thai is too strong, a la anderson silva.
postman
9/8/08 3:24:34PM

Posted by ufcboss

I don't think he lookd small your just used to him looking bigger then the 185ers
DJDark41
9/8/08 3:44:33PM

Posted by Rush

I am constantly unimpressed by Rich's performances. I don't know what it is, but there is something about his striking that makes me believe if he fights a hard striker, he will go down. He lands strikes, but (to me) he appears to take a lot of unecessary hits too. I think he will get T(KO)ed against someone like Shogun, Wanderlei, Henderson, etc.

Rich Franklin is a good striker, but I have the same feeling. If he fights someone who can hit harder then he can, he'll lose. Just look at Anderson Silva. He has better accuracy AND power then Franklin, and decimated him. Shogun vs Franklin would be a good fight, and an entertaining one at that, but I can't see Franklin walking away from it with a win.