Shogun Gets Married - Details & Photos Inside

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Shogun Gets Married - Details & Photos Inside
zephead
9/4/07 4:08:50PM
We can say that September is "the month" to Mauricio Shogun. He´s one of the Brazilians in the Vanity Fair Magazine of September, in a twenty pages report with the title "Viva Brazil", showing Brazilian personalities that help to promote the country overseas.

LINK
loonytnt
9/4/07 4:10:32PM
congretz to him
Violentcuv
9/4/07 4:11:04PM
Shogun "Big Pimpin"

She is hot too........
babalu2720
9/4/07 4:54:20PM
Is it me or does shogun not look to happy
guccimane
9/4/07 5:24:28PM
lol he's probably thinking about that photo shoot with adriana lima
DJDark41
9/4/07 6:00:21PM
Way to go Shogun.
nubby
9/4/07 6:29:11PM
Shogun is definitely losing his next fight. He won't be able to concentrate.
guccimane
9/4/07 6:51:46PM
What?? I totally disagree. He didn't even have a honeymoon. He's right back to training. Forrest Griffin will NEVER beat Mauricio Shogun Rua.
Gladiator
9/4/07 7:33:00PM

Posted by guccimane

What?? I totally disagree. He didn't even have a honeymoon. He's right back to training. Forrest Griffin will NEVER beat Mauricio Shogun Rua.

if this guy is wrong then i bet he never posts in these forums again.
guccimane
9/4/07 8:19:55PM
Are people seriously thinking Forrest has a chance at beating Shogun?? I hope UFC starts distributing that PRIDE library quickly
guccimane
9/4/07 9:47:22PM
Anybody else think Forrest has a chance??
Ordep
9/4/07 10:45:56PM
I'm a fan of Shogun, he's my fav. fighter. He's really good and I think he's like a little Fedor, but that doesn't mean that Forrest doesn't have a chance, because everybody does have it.

You are talking about the Pride Library.... so go and look for CC vs. Randelman 1, Chon vs. Silva, Diaz vs. Gomi etc.... from your points of view based on record and all that stuff, put yourself before those fights and think, does these guys had a chance??? well... Forrest does, he's fighting him, stepping with him in the octagon is the only way that you'll have a chance to beat one guy.

and... hopefully this doesn't happen.
guccimane
9/4/07 10:58:45PM
Well I own every PRIDE on DVD, same with UFC. Chonan wasn't that big of an upset, he dominated that entire fight. Anderson Silva only became a monster when he went to UFC. Gomi always underestimates certain guys, look at his performance vs Aurelio. Same goes with CroCop. Shogun, just like Fedor, isn't like that. Forrest has no chance. Is he going to KO him?? No. Shogun is the way better striker, and has an amazing chin and recovery. Will he out wrestle him?? No. Shogun took lil Nog, Overeem, Nakamura etc. down with ease. Is he better on the ground?? Of course not. He might have 0.0000001% chance, but that's it. Guys like Nubby are claiming Shogun will lose because he got married, it's comical in my opinion.
nubby
9/5/07 12:01:15AM

Posted by guccimane

Well I own every PRIDE on DVD, same with UFC. Chonan wasn't that big of an upset, he dominated that entire fight. Anderson Silva only became a monster when he went to UFC. Gomi always underestimates certain guys, look at his performance vs Aurelio. Same goes with CroCop. Shogun, just like Fedor, isn't like that. Forrest has no chance. Is he going to KO him?? No. Shogun is the way better striker, and has an amazing chin and recovery. Will he out wrestle him?? No. Shogun took lil Nog, Overeem, Nakamura etc. down with ease. Is he better on the ground?? Of course not. He might have 0.0000001% chance, but that's it. Guys like Nubby are claiming Shogun will lose because he got married, it's comical in my opinion.

I'm glad I could bring comedy to these forums :)
Anyway, RUA IS GOING DOWN!!!
Playground_Samurai
9/5/07 12:16:36AM
Shogun definatly seems to be living pretty good right now. Very lucky man.

On a side note, I'm very surprised that some people still believe that a fighter doesn't have a chance just because they are an underdog? It's been proven time and time again that no matter what the odds are, anything can happen. While the odds are definatly in Shogun's favor and I will definatly be picking him, I would never say that Forrest has absolutely no chance. How could I after Serra/GSP, GG/CC, Sokoudjou/Lil Nog, and Lauzon/Pulver amongst many many others?

LakaiDude07
9/5/07 1:22:56AM
I definately give Forrest a chance!
this has not been a good year for pride fighters debuts in the CAGE, with ELBOWS.At no time can you count out any fighter,serra v gsp for instance.
guccimane
9/5/07 1:25:51AM

Posted by LakaiDude07

I definately give Forrest a chance!
this has not been a good year for pride fighters debuts in the CAGE, with ELBOWS.At no time can you count out any fighter,serra v gsp for instance.

Are you referring to CroCop?? Because Anderson Silva and Rampage seem to be alright (seeing as how they could never win the strap in PRIDE and did in the UFC in their 2nd fight)....muay thai with elbows equals Shogun being just as deadly. He has far better elbows then Forrest, bet the house on that.
Ordep
9/6/07 9:57:10AM
"Elbows will replace my soccer kicks and stomps" Shogun. And guess what, they can be done either standing up or in the groud. You should do some research about Muay Thai and see the tons of elbow shots that exist there.

I'll say it again...

Ruuun Forrest, ruuuuuuuuun.