Shogun vs Jones : The Hype.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Shogun vs Jones : The Hype.
POLL: Who is taking the belt?
Mauricio "Shogun" Rua 61% (11)
Jon "Bones" Jones 39% (7)
TS92turbo
3/15/11 4:26:07PM
I dont think I can wait another day for this fight. The hype is getting to me. I will be sitting in my chair, bored, from the prelims, to Wineland and Faber. As soon as the bell hits for Jones and Rua, its gonna be one hell of a war. I want to see Jones take this one, but 1 title defense doesnt do Rua any justice. If you arent hyped up, this video should get you there.

LINK
TeamDEY
3/15/11 5:13:46PM
I honestly think this is the most anticipated fight of the year or at least so far (IMO).
jjeans
3/15/11 5:17:51PM

Posted by TeamDEY

I honestly think this is the most anticipated fight of the year or at least so far (IMO).

1. Edgar Maynard 3
2. Shogun Jones
3. Diaz Daley

But that is just my opinion
CwB
3/15/11 5:26:37PM
Shogun keeps his belt.

Bones impresses the hell out of me overall, but i have doubts about his striking.
I believe his length and unorthodox-ness are his ace in the hole when it comes to striking, but I see Shogun nullifying Bone's 'Ace' with superior technique.

Bones' ground game is incredible and completely dominant. But Shogun's transitions, reversals, and active guard always impress me. Dont get me wrong, I give Jones a huge edge on the ground but I believe Shogun poses more of a threat off of his back than any opponent Bones has faced before.

My only doubt stems from Shogun's return from knee injury. Ignoring that, I believe Shogun gets the W, he wont dominate or win every round but he will win.

Jones is the future no doubt about it, and I think a loss right now will turn him into an absolute monster as he fills in the few holes he has in his game...

Can't Wait

CwB
3/15/11 5:30:01PM

Posted by TeamDEY

IMO. The anticipation before the Vitor-Anderson fight takes the cake.
Budgellism
3/15/11 8:31:20PM

Posted by CwB

Posted by TeamDEY

So true. I couldn't even sit when they were playing the pre fight interviews. I feel like I'll be the same or worse for this fight though. This is a HUGE fight in my eyes. Although I'm confident Shogun will win, this is mma. This is why we all crave and love the sport because at any moment our certainties can become our improbabilities.
postman
3/15/11 10:57:47PM

Posted by CwB

Posted by TeamDEY

Really ???? I saw that outcome from a mile away......well not the uppercut front kick. I bet Vitor wishes he had saw that from at least a 1/4 mile away lol