Will We Get Shogun vs Iceman Back ?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Will We Get Shogun vs Iceman Back ?
POLL: Will we get Liddell vs Rua back?
Yes 88% (22)
No 12% (3)
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/24/08 12:18:47AM
do u think the ufc will give us this fight back since they are both free again?
jae_1833
4/24/08 12:22:51AM
Give them time to heal....it'll be awesome!!!!
Ordep
4/24/08 1:31:50AM
Hopefully, and the winner takes a Health Insurance as Bonus
Mchubb316
4/24/08 1:52:22AM
That would be great.
chubbud22
4/24/08 3:43:14AM
It makes sense.
DCRage
4/24/08 6:39:33AM
Probably, best-case seems to be 87 (August) as that looks to be the earliest Liddell can return.
stock
4/24/08 11:35:14AM
I'd be willing to wait a couple extra months to see this fight happen.
babytater03
4/24/08 11:52:54AM

Posted by DCRage

Probably, best-case seems to be 87 (August) as that looks to be the earliest Liddell can return.

ehhhhh.............
i just dont see them putting this on the Minnesota card.
When i heard Chuck had to pull out i immediatly thought of either Sept. or Oct. That just seems to have a big impression to me of the best time for them to rematch this. It would be a good lead into wrapping up a great year and would really round out the quarter for the UFC. Both fighters would have a TON of hype, due to their own rightful legacies and the hype of having to put the fight off, and could headline the card in Sept. or Oct.

If they REALLY wanted to beef up a card (and not have to have a belt fight) they could throw this fight and Hughes v. Serra on the same mutha f'ing card!! that would have potential to break all kinds of records.
Cladrix
4/24/08 12:04:13PM

Posted by babytater03

ehhhhh.............
When i heard Chuck had to pull out i immediatly thought of either Sept. or Oct. That just seems to have a big impression to me of the best time for them to rematch this. It would be a good lead into wrapping up a great year and would really round out the quarter for the UFC. Both fighters would have a TON of hype, due to their own rightful legacies and the hype of having to put the fight off, and could headline the card in Sept. or Oct.

If they REALLY wanted to beef up a card (and not have to have a belt fight) they could throw this fight and Hughes v. Serra on the same mutha f'ing card!! that would have potential to break all kinds of records.

Props are coming your way
therionace
4/24/08 3:14:16PM
although the pic of chuck's torn ham looks terrible, i'm more concerned about shogun's torn acl. this is the second time he injured the same ligament; this is a potentially career-ending injury.
JimiMak
4/24/08 5:21:25PM
i hope so
mk1630
4/24/08 8:40:21PM

Posted by babytater03

Posted by DCRage

ehhhhh.............

with everything. Waiting until September or October gives both enough time to be 100% ready for this fight. The UFC will make this fight happen soon enough, becasue they want it to happen. Anderson Silva vs. whoever they're thinkin of now would be nice on this card also.