Shogun vs Henderson?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Shogun vs Henderson?
loller90278
8/10/07 9:38:24PM
ok lets be hypothetical for a second.

+lets say henderson BEATS rampage
AND
+lets say shogun BEATS griffin

it would be shogun vs henderson.

who would you pick to win and why?
i'm picking my man hollywood, dangerous dan henderson because i believe shogun is a bit too overrated and dan has heavy hands while shogun gets a bit sloppy on the stand up sometimes, and henderson can handle his own on the ground being the olympic wrestler he is.

discuss!
juanez13
8/10/07 9:40:07PM
it would pick shogun....
Twenty20Dollars
8/10/07 9:42:39PM
Oh man I hope this fight happens and I think it will. and I'll take Henderson no doubt.
cmill21
8/10/07 9:46:57PM
I have to go with shogun, gotta avenge his big brother!!!
fullerene
8/10/07 9:52:36PM
Shogun is bigger, younger, better on his feet and better in the sub game. Hendo is one of my favorites, and he has a legit chance here, but he's going to be the underdo in this fight for good reason.
juanez13
8/10/07 9:52:59PM
ohh man i just realized that u said that shogun is overrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!
man do some research be4 u post stupid thing like that!

oh yea like who has shogun beat?? oh yea the likes of arona, overeem, Lil Nog, nakumara, kenvin randleman, oh yea and rampage........

cmill21
8/10/07 10:06:37PM
NVM, Yeah Shogun's not overrated.
the-james
8/10/07 10:14:50PM
Shogun would win this fight, even though he would be taken dwn early and often in the begining, but Shoguns speed and tanasity would take its toll on Dan and Shogun would eventually knock him out or even submit him.
hardhitta513
8/10/07 10:19:50PM
henderson a beast i got hendo fo sho...
loller90278
8/10/07 10:23:29PM
i didn't say he wasnt GOOD, i know who he has beat and what hes done. i just see flaws in his game and people say that he's unbeatable and hes the fedor of the LHW'S, which i believe is untrue.

he beat a hurt rampage, won a very unimpressive fight against nakamura, a decision that i thought could go either way with lil nog
Ordep
8/10/07 10:55:31PM
Shogun
Pitbull09
8/11/07 1:08:57AM
Depends how bad Hollywoods beats Jackson but still I'm going with Henderson. Im so happy Pride fighter are in the UFC, way more exciting.

If Fedor/Coture ever happens, Dana White is my hero.
The_Grim_Reaper
8/11/07 12:41:21PM
i'm gunna say henderson b/c he one of those guys that is just a natural beast, who is always evolving and getting better with each passing fight, henderson vs wanderlei first fight, he went the distance with wanderlei and at the end wanderlei edged out the descion win, 7 years later they meet again in the same ring, 7 years is a long time to become a better fighter alot of people had Wanderlei picked to destroy hendo inside the first, but what ended up happening was a very prepared and different fighter stepped into the pride ring that night and completed a mission which he has worked 7 years for avenge his loss and become pride mw champ, i beileve this same thing would happen if shogun steps into the ring with henderson
cmill21
8/11/07 12:46:43PM
Wand has been through to many wars in too short of time for him to be used as a refrence.
TOMMYAYO05
8/11/07 2:28:02PM
Well first off i dont see Hendo beating Rampage in no possible way.If this fight was to happen which i think it will in the future i believe shogun will beat Hendo.Why does everyone praise Hendo,and especially shogun already??They havnt proved nothing yet in the ufc and probably wont be as effective.
loller90278
8/11/07 10:31:59PM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Well first off i dont see Hendo beating Rampage in no possible way.If this fight was to happen which i think it will in the future i believe shogun will beat Hendo.Why does everyone praise Hendo,and especially shogun already??They havnt proved nothing yet in the ufc and probably wont be as effective.

hendo is already 2-0 in ufc
Btews22
8/12/07 2:00:29AM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

I agree no more soccer kicks and stomps!!!!
MoJoy
8/12/07 2:00:11PM
Just like Shogun vs. Spider, this one is impossible to call with any certainty. It's one of those they fight 10, each wins half. I go Henderson in a close fight, cause of his expierience and he seems like a really wily guy. Although Shogun can't do some things these days in the octagon, he is talented enough that it does not matter and he has enough in his arsenal and is developing more that he has so much to pull from, he may be able to beat you in more way than any other fighter. I just think Henderson will play it smart, and take him down, and with Hendo's fights against the Nog brothers I think he knows enough in submission defense to grind out a decision win. I think this fight will happen, and that will be first rate.
fullfighting
8/12/07 7:33:07PM
I would be pulling for hendo, but I think Shogun wins that fight. It would be epic.
mrsmiley
8/19/07 12:54:29PM
I would go with Henderson on this fight.While Shogun is an awesome fighter, I think Henderson could exploit openings in his game and control the pace of the fight much better than Shogun could.Shogun shows a lot of enthusiasm in his fights,and I think that might cause a little carelessness in his game at times.I belive Henderson would take advantage of that.
sakurabaforever
8/19/07 2:58:29PM
Shogun. How can someone say he is overrated though? He is ranked #1, and that is exactly where he should be. So he is rated accurately. Anyone thinking he is invincible though is just not very smart. He can get sloppy sometimes.

If anything, Henderson is overrated. He knocks out Silva on an off night and everyone thinks he is God at 205. He needs to have a rubber match with Misaki to even be considered top at 185. And he is 1-1 with Silva now, so they need a rubber match as well. Jackson will finish his 205 run and he can concentrate on 185, where he will have his hands full.

Shogun actually can finish fights...uh oh for Dan.
The_Grim_Reaper
8/19/07 3:05:50PM

Posted by sakurabaforever

Shogun. How can someone say he is overrated though? He is ranked #1, and that is exactly where he should be. So he is rated accurately. Anyone thinking he is invincible though is just not very smart. He can get sloppy sometimes.

If anything, Henderson is overrated. He knocks out Silva on an off night and everyone thinks he is God at 205. He needs to have a rubber match with Misaki to even be considered top at 185. And he is 1-1 with Silva now, so they need a rubber match as well. Jackson will finish his 205 run and he can concentrate on 185, where he will have his hands full.

Shogun actually can finish fights...uh oh for Dan.

yes, shogun can finish fights and they are exciting , but with Dan his fights yes majority have gone to descion victorys but i personaly enjoy them cus they are usually wars..
masodd
8/19/07 4:46:38PM
Hendo by ko in the 3rd