This fight needed a poll
Budgellism
9/20/11 4:20:51PM
I've got Hendo
Poor_Franklin
9/20/11 4:23:02PM

Posted by Budgellism

I've got Hendo

I'm going w/ my boy Shogun, but I can't say I'm confident. Either way this fight ends, one of my favorite fighters will win & one of my favorite fighters will lose. But I love Rua the most, so he gets my pick.
Theoutlaw08
9/20/11 4:52:39PM
I gotta say Shogun takes it. Im guessing this will be a 5 round non-title fight. I picture this fight going into the 4th or 5th. It will be a bloody mess, and Shogun will come away with a TKO.
ghandikush
9/20/11 4:53:25PM
I want to pick Hendo because he is so stylistically favored but Shogun has so much more in his total package.
Pookie
9/20/11 5:06:14PM
Hendo can take him down, but he can't keep him down. Hendo also gets tired against fighters who stand up out of his takedowns, if he attempts the takedowns frequently. Meaning Hendo is going to have to stand with him.

Shogun is going to Franklin him.
ghandikush
9/20/11 5:27:04PM

Posted by Pookie

Hendo can take him down, but he can't keep him down. Hendo also gets tired against fighters who stand up out of his takedowns, if he attempts the takedowns frequently. Meaning Hendo is going to have to stand with him.

Franklin lost.
Budgellism
9/20/11 5:38:45PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Pookie

Franklin lost.

Says the judges.

And who are you going to believe? Judges or Pookie? Let's be serious.
ghandikush
9/20/11 5:52:50PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Pookie

Franklin lost.

Says the judges.

Looked like Hendo won to me....
Poor_Franklin
9/20/11 6:09:50PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Pookie

Franklin lost.

Says the judges.

Looked like Hendo won to me....

Hendo won, but Franklin was in good position to win had that been a 5 round fight
State_Champ
9/20/11 6:17:53PM
I don't think Hendo will get KOed and Shogun isn't known to have the most stellar gas tank....
Will this be a three or five rounder?
Poor_Franklin
9/20/11 6:19:40PM

Posted by State_Champ

I don't think Hendo will get KOed and Shogun isn't known to have the most stellar gas tank....
Will this be a three or five rounder?

pretty sure 5
Chael_Sonnen
9/20/11 8:21:06PM
One sided beatdown, and HENDO is swingin' the hammer
Pookie
9/20/11 11:23:30PM
Shogun is better at everything than Franklin is. But i wasn't even saying that Franklin won, though most people would agree, i was saying that the style presented Hendo problems in the cardio department.

KungFuMaster
9/22/11 1:43:24AM
The poll says it is an even fight but I believe Hendo takes this fight in dominating fashion.
Poor_Franklin
9/22/11 1:52:43AM
Shogun via Submission anyone?
40ouncetpkid
9/22/11 4:16:04PM
In all honesty Henderson could EASILY win this by decision by just wrestling. This is five rounds right?

I think Hendo will fade like in the Rampage fight though and I think he will take a quick lead and rock Shogun several times, and Shogun back I just don't think henderson will try to make boring and that will be his mistake when Shogun stops him late in one of the wildest fights in MMA HISTORY.
ab521
9/24/11 3:14:07AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

One sided beatdown, and HENDO is swingin' the hammer

YES!!
Boo_Radley21
9/24/11 2:49:51PM
The big thing for me is that Fedor couldn't finish Henderson off and he's got bombs when he throws punches. The guy's been beating on heavyweights with them for like a decade. If he couldn't take Hendo out than neither will Shogun. Not only that but IF ( and that's a big if) Henderson decides to go for the clinch/takedown he should be able to get it considering his greco background and just general strength in the clinch. And considering his big right hand the odds really seem to be stacked against Shogun.

If Shogun can pull off the win it will be by a decision I think or maybe a leg lock submission. If Henderson wins (more likely in my eyes) it will be by a finish with punches probably followed up by ground and pound.

On a side note, is this a five round fight?
Webbie
9/25/11 5:59:17PM
I won't make an official prediction yet, but I do think if Shogun shows up at 100% or close to it that he can beat Hendo. If the Nogueiras and Anderson can submit Hendo I think Shogun stands a pretty good chance of doing the same as long as his conditioning's where it needs to be.
fonduktoe
9/25/11 6:33:43PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

The big thing for me is that Fedor couldn't finish Henderson off and he's got bombs when he throws punches. The guy's been beating on heavyweights with them for like a decade. If he couldn't take Hendo out than neither will Shogun. Not only that but IF ( and that's a big if) Henderson decides to go for the clinch/takedown he should be able to get it considering his greco background and just general strength in the clinch. And considering his big right hand the odds really seem to be stacked against Shogun.

If Shogun can pull off the win it will be by a decision I think or maybe a leg lock submission. If Henderson wins (more likely in my eyes) it will be by a finish with punches probably followed up by ground and pound.

On a side note, is this a five round fight?

shogun's style of striking is significantly different than fedor's. i see shogun controlling this on the feet and winning via ud. dans hard to knock but not hard to hit. i also think he's gonna have a harder time than most people think taking shogun down.